What are you guys getting for christmas?

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Butch50
Swill Maker

Post by Butch50 »

blanikdog wrote:
punkin wrote:How sad. :cry:

Not really punkin. What can you give to someone who has everything, including a 1970 Volkswagen Kombi. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmmmmm, except maybe a course in keeping a 1970 Kombi running?

blanik
Opposite of sad. Not desiring more stuff is great. I think that only comes with time and having had enough stuff already, seen it come and seen it go. It is pretty darned hard for me to buy a gift for me, and near impossible for anyone else to buy a gift for me. I have a 75 280Z that I am slowly restoring - ebay provided me with a way to get books and parts that I would never have found otherwise.

I am a luddite, but boy I love the internet - so I guess I am conflicted. :D
Banjos and Whisky, Down On The River Bank
pintoshine
Distiller

Post by pintoshine »

I'm kinda like you too Butch50. I buy myself presents all year long. I really don't need anything. I been wanting to expand my shop by 600 sq ft. but it will get done eventually.
If I had one wish for christmas, I would want a total knee replacement of my left knee. I have had lots of injuries and lots of surgeries to match. I am only 45 but for the last three weeks I have been in a wheel chair because of the pain. Crutches were too painfull, as was my sheet touching my knee. I am just now getting back to the cane and to what I would normally call a damn sore leg. Maybe my surgeon will finally agree it is time. Jan 3 is the next time I get to see him, wish me luck.
punkin
Master of Distillation

Post by punkin »

Got ute, bike, boat x 2, extending my shed cause i can't fit all the good stuff in, and i could still think of twenty things i want/need/would improve processes...without even trying.

I stint myself on a lot of the stuff i want, but still don't go without too much.

Oh yeah...Best of luck with the leg hinge, Pint.

Take heart, i heard a story on the radio today about a bloke in Cambodia or somewhere who had a lucky leg.
He'd let people who came to his village touch his leg and they'd be healed and have good fortune.

Two blokes came to his village, took him out to the fields and got him smashed on hooch, then cut his leg off below the knee while he was passed out....and pissed off with it :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

LuckyLuckyBastardsPunkin
Last edited by punkin on Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
stoker
Distiller

Post by stoker »

I wish you a new blingbling titanium knee
without irritating nerves.

I have troubles with my back, not as bad as you with your knee, but I'm not half your age :wink:
and I've never heard of a back replacement.
-I have too much blood in my alcohol system-
Still_Crazy
Bootlegger

Post by Still_Crazy »

pintoshine wrote:I'm kinda like you too Butch50. I buy myself presents all year long. I really don't need anything. I been wanting to expand my shop by 600 sq ft. but it will get done eventually.
If I had one wish for christmas, I would want a total knee replacement of my left knee. I have had lots of injuries and lots of surgeries to match. I am only 45 but for the last three weeks I have been in a wheel chair because of the pain. Crutches were too painfull, as was my sheet touching my knee. I am just now getting back to the cane and to what I would normally call a damn sore leg. Maybe my surgeon will finally agree it is time. Jan 3 is the next time I get to see him, wish me luck.
Same here, If I need something I'll get it... most others would have no clue what it is or why etc., and I'd have it made or aquired sooner anyway.

Sorry to hear about that leg pint. I'm banking that the 3rd is going to be a positive visit for you :wink: . Do you have any help when you work on your shed or other projects, or do you do most everything alone?
~ After all these years, a drop in time helps soothe my mind ~
HookLine
retired

Post by HookLine »

All the best with your knee, Pinto. Must have worked it hard to need a new one by 45. If your surgeon (and insurance company) won't agree to a new one, they must be seriously heartless bastards.
Be safe.
Be discreet.
And have fun.
Butch50
Swill Maker

Post by Butch50 »

I am just now getting back to the cane and to what I would normally call a damn sore leg. Maybe my surgeon will finally agree it is time. Jan 3 is the next time I get to see him, wish me luck.
Best of luck with the knee. Jan 3 will be an auspicious day to see the Doc - starting the new year and all.
blanikdog
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by blanikdog »

Bugger about your leg Pint. Makes one consider how lucky one is to reach ones 69th year with relatively good health. Good luck with it.

blanik
Simple potstiller. Slow, single run.
(50 litre, propane heated pot still. Coil in bucket condenser - No thermometer, No carbon)
The Reading Lounge AND the Rules We Live By should be compulsory reading

Cumudgeon and loving it.
junkyard dawg
Master of Distillation

Post by junkyard dawg »

I am a luddite, but boy I love the internet - so I guess I am conflicted. Very Happy
I know what you mean...

Pint, good luck with that knee.
pintoshine
Distiller

Post by pintoshine »

Thanks for you kind words. Happy holidays to all you.
And an answer to one question. I am usually very independent but I do a lot of favors for my friends. I know that the real friends are going to be there whenever I even suggest I might need help. My best friends are also distillers. On is a novice and is learning to make real good hooch. The other is a novice and just learning to make 95% fuel with his new column that I recently got off of new_moonshiner.
By the Congratulations to new_moonshiner, who succeeded in making his first pot still run tonight. He did a small batch 100% grape juice brandy, with me talking him through the cuts and trying to help him recall the flavors of the juice before it fermented, the wine after it fermented and identifying those residual flavors in the spirits and to not throw away too much of the flavored stuff.
wineo
Distiller

Post by wineo »

Hey pint,I hope santa brings you a new knee.My mom had it done this year and it went just fine.I hope you enjoyed those samples.Im oaking the rest of that 130proof corn reflux with 12 of your sticks.You will be in our prayers dude.
george
Butch50
Swill Maker

Post by Butch50 »

pintoshine wrote: I know that the real friends are going to be there whenever I even suggest I might need help. .
That is a fact. If you want to find out who your real true friends are, see who shows up when you are moving :shock: You suddenly can tell the difference between friends and real true friends.

I have a couple of relatives that have had aritificial knees put in, and after many years they still seem to be doing quite well with them.
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

pothead wrote:
tater wrote:got myself 3 vintage campers a 14 ft1956 burro 15 ft 1961 nomad and a 12 ft 1969 shasta.
My old man had a '69 Shasta when I was a kid. We took it all over the place, then he traded it in for a Cobra Motor-home.
found this one in a barn had been there since 1979 it still looks almost new am staying in it this week at coast cause tater has a new grand daughter today6 lbs 15 oz
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
mikeac
Swill Maker

Post by mikeac »

Congrats Tater!!
HookLine
retired

Post by HookLine »

Congrats to you and your family, Tater. Another addition to the moonshining clan!
Be safe.
Be discreet.
And have fun.
mtnwalker2
Swill Maker

Post by mtnwalker2 »

New life, Tater! Will make you feel so young helping to raise that youngster and playing those games and times again. Second childhood in the heathy and happy form!

Enjoy.
> "You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a
>habit" Aristotle
new_moonshiner
Trainee

Post by new_moonshiner »

Thanks for the kind words there Pinto, could'nt have done it without ya.. You a a great teacher for sure .. i was gonna ask how the stuff worked out for ya ..Looks like you put it to good use . I 'll not high jack the thread by changing the subject..Hope all goes well for ya friend at the Doctors Appointment .
wineo
Distiller

Post by wineo »

Congrats,tater on the new addition!
Grayson_Stewart
retired

Post by Grayson_Stewart »

Congratulations on the new Tater-Tot!
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
cannon.co.tn
Swill Maker

Post by cannon.co.tn »

tater wrote:
pothead wrote:
tater wrote:got myself 3 vintage campers a 14 ft1956 burro 15 ft 1961 nomad and a 12 ft 1969 shasta.
My old man had a '69 Shasta when I was a kid. We took it all over the place, then he traded it in for a Cobra Motor-home.
found this one in a barn had been there since 1979 it still looks almost new am staying in it this week at coast cause tater has a new grand daughter today6 lbs 15 oz
Congrats Tater, today's my b-day too. I'm often caught calling my son Tater Tot. He's 6 months old.
I make my own beer
and wine
Some hits the still
for 'shine
CoopsOz
Distiller

Post by CoopsOz »

It might be time to put a special bottle of Tater's finest away for her 21st, pity though, if she was an Aussie you could crack the bottle on her 18th.
It is most absurdly said, in popular language, of any man, that he is disguised in liquor; for, on the contrary, most men are disguised by sobriety. ~Thomas de Quincy, Confessions of an English Opium-Eater, 1856
blanikdog
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by blanikdog »

Which reminds me, SEASONS GREETINGS EVERYONE and thanks for all your
help over the years.

blanik
Simple potstiller. Slow, single run.
(50 litre, propane heated pot still. Coil in bucket condenser - No thermometer, No carbon)
The Reading Lounge AND the Rules We Live By should be compulsory reading

Cumudgeon and loving it.
HookLine
retired

Post by HookLine »

blanikdog wrote:Which reminds me, SEASONS GREETINGS EVERYONE and thanks for all your
help over the years.

blanik
And a snow-free seasons greetings to all from tropical Oz.
Be safe.
Be discreet.
And have fun.
Cruisaire
Bootlegger

Post by Cruisaire »

Although it's not what I am getting, but rather what I am giving - I'm cooking for my co-workers today before we leave for Christmas. I wish I could push a slice of today's smoked treats through the 'net so all could enjoy as well. Merry Christmas to all!

Woody_Woodchuck
Novice

Post by Woody_Woodchuck »

Santa brought me a 3’ x 8’ sheet of .027" copper, a 2’ x 2’ piece of .097" and a 3’ x 10’ piece of .021". Like to say I was a good boy all year but he knows better than that. I pointed him to a couple good deals is all.

The 22 gauge got here yesterday but had a big, deep gouge in it. Waiting on a call from claims about replacement. So, the Xmas fun project will be postponed until the new materials arrive.

Hope all have an enjoyable holiday and get to meet with family and friends.
junkyard dawg
Master of Distillation

Post by junkyard dawg »

that square thing looks suspiciously like tofu :?: :shock: :?:
Cruisaire
Bootlegger

Post by Cruisaire »

Lil' ol' pork roast, no tofu allowed! The biggun' is a beef roast. Needless to say, they started slicing it before I could get back inside and they then proceeded to eat it all!!! Just as well, it's Christmas and I wanted to send them home well fed!! I had a couple of pork loins and a london broil on as well so I didn't go hungry :wink:. Since I didn't have any homemade beverage on hand yet (still building my still), a little bottle from Kentucky helped me liven up the egg nog.