Lucid Absinthe

All about absinthe

Moderator: Site Moderator

jjnorcal
Novice

Lucid Absinthe

Post by jjnorcal »

I picked up a bottle of Lucid Absinthe last night from BevMo and had my first try, ever, of Absinthe.

Really quite delicious stuff. Before dilution, it seems to be mostly warm licorice, but once diluted, anise seems to slightly dominate.

A very nice drink, but it was pricey at $70 (after tax) here in Northern California. Anyone else tried it or want to recommend something else?
Zman
Novice

Post by Zman »

If you like Lucid, hang on to your hat, you ain't seen nothing yet. There will be at least two coming out by summer from the State of Washington that will be even more true to the original Belle Epoque absinthe.
jjnorcal
Novice

Post by jjnorcal »

Zman wrote:If you like Lucid, hang on to your hat, you ain't seen nothing yet. There will be at least two coming out by summer from the State of Washington that will be even more true to the original Belle Epoque absinthe.
Do you know by whom, and do you have any links for the distillers who are producing them?
Zman
Novice

Post by Zman »

Not yet. But as soon as it becomes a reality, I'll post it here.
cannon.co.tn
Swill Maker

Post by cannon.co.tn »

you can also get Kubler and St George's absinthe here in the States now. I know they are both available in NorCal but St. George's is sold out until February.
I make my own beer
and wine
Some hits the still
for 'shine
CatharticusX
Novice

Post by CatharticusX »

Zman wrote:If you like Lucid, hang on to your hat, you ain't seen nothing yet. There will be at least two coming out by summer from the State of Washington that will be even more true to the original Belle Epoque absinthe.
Really? Washington?! What brands?

-cx
Washington
"The only good death is one that leaves a crater."
Zman
Novice

Post by Zman »

As soon as all the "legal" stuff gets situated, I'll post in this forum. It'll be at least 3 months. The name hasn't been finalized yet.