Thanks!

Putting older posts here. Going to try to keep the novice forum pruned about 90 days work. The 'good' old stuff is going to be put into appropriate forums.

Moderator: Site Moderator

scotsman
Novice

Thanks!

Post by scotsman »

I would just like to thank everyone who has put information on this site. I have succesfully built my first still and run a couple of sugar washs through it which have turned out fantastic! I found this site so informative that i havent felt the need to post any questions yet. So thanks again all.
big worm
Trainee

Re: Thanks!

Post by big worm »

well done and good for you :D
GOT BAIT?
small children left unatended will be sold as bait
trthskr4
Distiller

Post by trthskr4 »

What? You didn't have to ask questions? You will grasshopper, one day you will.

Good for you, welcome to the hobby.
15 gallon pot still, 2"x18" column with liebeg condensor on propane.
Modified Charles 803 w/ 50gal boiler, never ran so far.
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Job well done.Been stated here several times that there was enough info already posted to accomplish this .However I believe you are the first to post it.Welcome to forum and again. Very well done
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

Sounds like you're on your way, scotsman... Just goes to show that taking the time to sort your way through the good, the bad, and the ugly, here can pay off in the long run... We want pictures...
blanikdog
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by blanikdog »

Well done, scotsman.

What trth and tater said. Fun isn't it?

blanik
Simple potstiller. Slow, single run.
(50 litre, propane heated pot still. Coil in bucket condenser - No thermometer, No carbon)
The Reading Lounge AND the Rules We Live By should be compulsory reading

Cumudgeon and loving it.
Hack
retired

Post by Hack »

Well if more proof is needed that it can be done, I also built my still and ran a few runs before ever posting a question here, although I have to admit my hooch was utter crap until I got a few skills refined.

Congratulations, scotsman, and welcome.
scotsman
Novice

Post by scotsman »

Cheers to all those that replied and read my post. And i am sure i will have a question or two in the future, Especially when i attempt my first whisky. lol Ill put pictures up this weekend sometime when i get a chance.
jack
Novice

Post by jack »

scotsman wrote:I would just like to thank everyone who has put information on this site. I have succesfully built my first still and run a couple of sugar washs through it which have turned out fantastic! I found this site so informative that i havent felt the need to post any questions yet. So thanks again all.
That makes 2 of us. I made my first still about 2 weeks ago and have made a few runs on it.. getting a little better each time.

Thanks!

-J