Other hobbies...

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Kentucky shinner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Other hobbies...

Post by Kentucky shinner »

Motorcycles, write a little music.. pic guitar, play harmonica a little. Love camping at Kentucky Lake in the summer. working with copper. My son and I use to build and race Open wheel modified dirt cars. I built the car from the ground up, built the motors also. 358ci chevrolet. dyno at 455hp.
Last edited by Kentucky shinner on Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kiwistiller
retired

Post by kiwistiller »

Greetings from another spearo :)

Also climbing, hiking, beer, cooking, skiing.
Three sheets to the wind!
My stuff
decomissioned
Novice

Post by decomissioned »

Hehe,.. You name it. Cars motorcycles gardening hunting fishing hiking mountain biking camping canoeing shooting electronics survival primitive tools cooking and next week I am taking my technician exam to be a licensed amateur radio operator (ham).
condensificator
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by condensificator »

golf, scuba, gunsmithing, bbq, pottery, shooting, guitar, spearfishing, snowboarding, collecting sh*t that i don't need, jewelry making, hunting, watching football, researching hobbies, raising kids....and...drinking!
DOLIKEADRINK
Bootlegger

Post by DOLIKEADRINK »

I race a Sprint Car, Any form of motor sport, I am a die hard V8 and V twin fan, Use to have a shop building custom Harleys but lost the joy for my own stead, Do a lot of bush camping around OZ with the 4WD and the Family, Dont mind a bit of fishing, Always restoring cars, Got a couple on the go most of the time. Shit almost forgot Drinking and r--ting are a bit of a hobby, Dont seem to do much of the second one but :|

Cheers: Dolikeadrink
"Your putting on the agony but missing all the style" Ya want a good Still PM olddog
gretschem
Novice

Post by gretschem »

dirt bike riding, got a Honda crf450r 2007 model, goin ridin this weekend on the south coast of Australia. Batemans Bay infact, professional spray painter by trade, semi professional drummer, I play in a funk blues band. Been drumming half my life fully trained in Jazz.

And yes making likkker :wink:
Mud Mechanik
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mud Mechanik »

I'm a diesel tech. by trade so I love working on those, circle track asphalt racing, hunting, fishing, grilling, stillin, and of course my second job, farming. Mud
Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway----John Wayne
britincali
Novice

Post by britincali »

Dirtbikes :) Ive got an alloy framed CR250 converted with a 1987 CR500 motor and an all out sand drag CR500 on nitrous :D :D
gretschem
Novice

Post by gretschem »

wow, that's cool. I had a cr250 2000 model but 2 strokes aree too snappy in the bush, they hit power-band all the time and wanna throw u off. So I bought a crf450 4 stroke, now I'm in heaven. what a bike, although I still like the 2 stroke...
britincali
Novice

Post by britincali »

Heres the nitrous 500...

And the CR250-500 conversion....

DOLIKEADRINK
Bootlegger

Post by DOLIKEADRINK »

gretschem wrote:wow, that's cool. I had a cr250 2000 model but 2 strokes aree too snappy in the bush, they hit power-band all the time and wanna throw u off. So I bought a crf450 4 stroke, now I'm in heaven. what a bike, although I still like the 2 stroke...

F--K WHAT A WEAPON, I thought about putting a paddle on the back of a tough 1200 sporty once and having a crack at it.
Man that would be heaps of fun, I have 99 WR 400 with a few trick bits, That i brought new and ride a few enduros every now and then for a bit of fun, Have you ever had it on a dyno? What sort of times does it do?

Cheers: Dolikeadrink
"Your putting on the agony but missing all the style" Ya want a good Still PM olddog
gretschem
Novice

Post by gretschem »

lol, that thing must crack ???

Here's mine

batf
Bootlegger

Post by batf »

about all i do is hobbies anymore. gym, coach, fish, hunt, camp, tend a few farm animals, baby sit my daughters pit bull and house work (keeps the wife off my a**) heres a pic out at my camp...out the back door and on the warf..
Smokehouse Shiner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Smokehouse Shiner »

I been playin drums since I was a kid. Play in a local rock band in a small way. Barbeque. Canoeing and camping with the kids. Homebrewin.Welder by trade and weld alot at home for myself, smokers and such. Its weird I'm reading through everyone lists and I'm seeing alot of the same things comin up. Including things on mine. Almost seems as if this hobby attracts people of a certain mindset and lifestyle. Not that suprising really but its cool too see. You guys rock. :D
This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which God intended a more divine means of consumption...
Kentucky shinner
Site Donor
Site Donor

rockchucker22 wrote:
P1010359.JPG
deer camp
Now that is friggin great... You need a nice flute on the back porch :ewink:
Mud Mechanik
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mud Mechanik »

Kentucky shinner wrote:
rockchucker22 wrote:
P1010359.JPG
deer camp
Now that is friggin great... You need a nice flute on the back porch :ewink:
+1, now I'm convinced that this hobby attracts people with the same interests, nice camp rock, post a pic when the camp is completed. Mud
Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway----John Wayne
ScottishBoy
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ScottishBoy »

Hmmmm....HD Checklist

1. Something to do with meat?
Check. Smoking and BBQ.

2. Racing something?
Check. 4C Stock and Street...back when I was younger and crazier. Motorcycles too.

3. Musical?
Check. Used to build Dulcimers and repair the occasional musical instrument. Got a good ear, just nobody can teach me to play.

4. Something Funky?
Check. Astronomy. Dont get me started. Optics. Built myself an HD projector just for the fun of it.

5. Something outdoors?
Check. Im in Vermont. There is no better place to be. Hiked the long trail with a 20 lb pack once.

I cook like the devil and write a little here and there. Plants, pets. I build computers and modify cases for shits and giggles. Spent a long time in the tech field. Im a history buff and I used to teach Medievil Warfare. Im a reasonably skilled armoursmith and know my way around blades from 18 inches up to 44.

Guess Im not too much like you all..;)
ScottishBoy
HD Survival in a Nutshell...
Read.Search.Listen.Ask for feedback, you WILL get it. Plastic is always "questionable". Dont hurry. Be Careful. Dont Sell,Tell, or Yell. If you wouldnt serve it to your friends, then it isnt worth keeping.
SuburbanStiller
Swill Maker

Post by SuburbanStiller »

I have nothing to add except I could be friends with all you guys.
LWTCS wrote:Recon i am an intermet lilker geek
condensificator
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by condensificator »

SuburbanStiller wrote:I have nothing to add except I could be friends with all you guys.
...seems like ya already are! sometimes i wish that i could just drop in on some of the folks here and check out the projects they are working on...

pretty cool place.
batf
Bootlegger

Post by batf »

condensificator wrote:
SuburbanStiller wrote:I have nothing to add except I could be friends with all you guys.
...seems like ya already are! sometimes i wish that i could just drop in on some of the folks here and check out the projects they are working on...

pretty cool place.
i hear yall for sure. ive made acouple of good friends from people around my area. i belong to a catfishing and shooting site, and meet up to fish and shoot with others, one was a guy i had went to trade school with.

a meet and sip BS session would be cool i bet, but being with the laws around here, prob wont happen.
beelah
Trainee

Post by beelah »

Build guitars, dulcimers, traditional longbows, boxes and other things of wood; gardening (Vegies...not flowers, that 's the wife); bicycling; hiking; writing, playing guitar, banjo, dulcimer, uke and hand drumming. Oh, and once in a while I try to work for the man, but that is comming to an end as I can draw a pension in about 10 months.....and I am not working a minute longer for anyone else after that.
loneswinger
Swill Maker

Post by loneswinger »

condensificator wrote:golf, scuba, gunsmithing, bbq, pottery, shooting, guitar, spearfishing, snowboarding, collecting sh*t that i don't need, jewelry making, hunting, watching football, researching hobbies, raising kids....and...drinking!
A fellow golfer. Golf is my number 1 hobby, I'm good enough to compete for low gross in most local tournaments (depends on who shows up). Other than that, poker, mountain biking, fishing, hunting, sports betting, skiing, and avoiding the wife while drinking. Used to be into on/off road motorcycles but that was lost somewhere along the way, now I don't even own one, same goes with scuba.

-Loneswinger
It's better to learn from other people's mistakes than your own.
Mr.Spooky
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mr.Spooky »

wow,,, yall make me feel like i sit around and do nothing :?
when hunting seasons here,, im a huntin. whenits the summer time, im usually out lookin for EDB's (eastern diamond backs).
i dont do nothin with them,,, but damn, what a rush when you got a 5 footer on the end of a 3" hook! then i let it go.
i have my own small collection of snakes that i mess with.
other than that, me and Mr. Spooky just goof off.
Attachments
GetAttachment33.jpg
DSCF2550.JPG
DSCF2559.JPG
4" plate column >>>[/color] the flame that burns twice as bright only burns half as long
lateralus
Novice

Post by lateralus »

Rock crawling (Jeep), smoking foods, charcuterie, nerdy computer stuff, and fermenting foods.
Spiral out.
MuleKicker
retired

Post by MuleKicker »

Mud Mechanik wrote:I'm a diesel tech. by trade so I love working on those. Mud
I also be a diesel tech. But to love working on them???? Now I know yer a little twisted in the head mud! :lol: :lol:

Hunting, shooting... Anything to do with a gun tops my list.
-Control Freak-
AKA MulekickerHDbrownNose
Kentucky shinner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Hey spooky what is that big fat sumbitch.. and what kind is that with the white on it.? ever had one of them bite ya... and does it hurt? :shock:
Mr.Spooky
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mr.Spooky »

Kentucky shinner wrote:Hey spooky what is that big fat sumbitch.. and what kind is that with the white on it.? ever had one of them bite ya... and does it hurt? :shock:
the big fat sumbich is a blood python. this one is about 15lbs now and about 4 ft. my other one isa little bigger. these snakes dont get long, maxin out at about 7 ft , but weighin in at about 30lbs. at full grown,,, they will take piglets or a few big rabitts for supper,,, or a small dog.
the one with white on it is a piebald ball python. this is a morph of a normal ball python. im hopefully breeding two pairs this season.
spooky
4" plate column >>>[/color] the flame that burns twice as bright only burns half as long
batf
Bootlegger

Post by batf »

NOOOOOOO WAY mr spooky...i go out my way to kill snakes. this timber rattler scared the poop out the wife last summer, she was on the way out the door to go to the out house.
Mr.Spooky
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mr.Spooky »

batf wrote:NOOOOOOO WAY mr spooky...i go out my way to kill snakes. this timber rattler scared the poop out the wife last summer, she was on the way out the door to go to the out house.
to each his own.
spooky
WalkingWolf
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by WalkingWolf »

Nice looking snakes you got there Spooky. Not real big on snakes myself but do enjoy looking at the color patterns. That piebald is an eye-catcher. I like all color morphing patterns that nature offers up. I have a couple paint horses as my nod to natures sense of humor. Good luck on "future" generations with the piebalds.