Deathwish Wheat germ recipe

Moderator: Site Moderator

Tater
Admin

Deathwish Wheat germ recipe

Post by Tater »

Deathwish wrote:

This is a very easy wash I use 10lbs of sugar 16oz of wheat germ 1 tsp of citric acid I put all of that in a 5 gallon pot fill it close to the top with water and let it boil for about 1 and 1/2 hours then pour it in my 6 and 1/2 gallon fermenter top it off to 6 gallons total with water let it cool then add my yeast. I like to use red star champagne yeast it is only 79 cents around here. it should ferment in about 3-4 days be careful I have had this recipe blow the bubbler out and put a dent in my ceiling. lol I like mine strong. with my pot still I always throw away about a cup of the heads then I stop it at about 100 proof that is what I call the drinkable stuff. The tails I will take down to about 20 proof and rerun it later with a bunch of other tails with my re fractioning still I run it fast to about 20 proof get about 12 gallons and run it slow at 170 degrees at the top of my stack. I stop pulling it as soon as it starts to drop the rest is tails to me.I feel that this has a very clean smooth scotch flavor this is the most drinkable recipe I have
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
Tater
Admin

Re: Deathwish Wheat germ recipe

Post by Tater »

I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper