Home Distiller Site

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Tom Hawk
Novice

Home Distiller Site

Post by Tom Hawk »

What has happened to the site, homedistiller.org? When I try to get on the site, I only get a message, "IT WORKS". What has happened or what can I do to get on the site?

Thanks,

Tom
moosemilk
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Home Distiller Site

Post by moosemilk »

http://homedistiller.org/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Try that.
Tom Hawk
Novice

Post by Tom Hawk »

Thanks, Moosemilk! I appreciate your help!

Tom
moosemilk
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by moosemilk »

Very welcome.
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

I am hoping this is fixed. I think UJ updated apache on the 20th. I copied over the older apache22.conf file. I need to take time and figure out exactly what changes from the newer version's apache.conf file need to be put back in.

NOTE, you may have to force reload the 'homedistiller.org' page, if you have that 'It Works!' page stuck in your browser's cache. The problem was the parent site uses index.php as the main page (a php page I wrote), which generates the dynamic content, to track where you are at, etc. But that is not apache default, so it failes.

When apache installs a new version is smashes the root file 'index.html' with that junk "it works!" file.
Hillbilly Rebel: Unless you are one of the people on this site who are legalling distilling, keep a low profile, don't tell, don't sell.
moosemilk
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by moosemilk »

No go here for homedistiller.org Tried a refresh,cleared my browser history, cookies,cache all just to make sure. Still got "it works". Just letting you know. Thanks for the hard work keeping it together...run a site for my work, and it isn't easy.
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

Since the 20th I have not been able to access HD from my computer or tablet. Works fine on my phone except for parent site.????
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

Use this address: http://homedistiller.org/index.php/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

tp
BrooklynTech
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BrooklynTech »

I can get to the "home" page on the parent site but none of the links work. Trying to dilute something to drink but the calc page does not work. None of the links work.
Teddysad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Teddysad »

Ditto here Main page loads but no links get a 404 error
You can lead a horse to drink, but you cant make it water!
You can lead a horticulture but can you teach a prototype?

Proverbs 31:6-7