The Distiller's Guide to Rum

Research sources, reviews and links to information relating to distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

The Distiller's Guide to Rum

Post by Odin »

Excellent book on rum making & history:

http://whitemulepress.com/?product=distillers-guide-rum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Odin.
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
John Barleycorn
Bootlegger

Re: The Distiller's Guide to Rum

Post by John Barleycorn »

I'm only about half way through it ... but it's been a great read so far. I found some of the techniques used by the surveyed microdistilleries very interesting. I was hoping for more history ... maybe the authors/editor figured that some folks would find that boring ... IDK... but I like that kind of stuff.
Brendan
Rumrunner

Post by Brendan »

I have ordered myself a copy of this the other night! Looking forward to reading it.

Also grabbed a copy of The Craft of Whiskey Distilling, because the pictures are awesome and Ive been wanting a hard copy :ebiggrin:
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Great reads!

Odin.
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
DetroitDIY
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DetroitDIY »

I just recently read through this book. It was a quick, enjoyable read; great for those of you interested in rums. It's also good for newer people to the forum as there are a number if basic distillation explanations, descriptions, and definitions in the back which you come across in this forum, but are not typically explained as clearly or succinctly as in the book.

Thanks for pointing it out Odin.

DetroitDIY