Jim Jefferies - Comedian

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Zak Griffin
Novice

Jim Jefferies - Comedian

Post by Zak Griffin »

Well you guys are the only audience of mainly Americans that I've got, so I thought I'd share this and see what you think...

I'm yet to hear an opinion from this bloke that I don't wholeheartedly agree with, but I feel some of you may not!

pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Jim Jefferies - Comedian

Post by pfshine »

I stopped listening after a while but fick him. My rights dont need to be explained to an ausie. I dont need your political views.
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
ranger_ric
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ranger_ric »

Zac, not sure what you are trying to stir up here? I think PF Shine hit the nail on the head. Jim Jefferies did not grow up in this culture and could little understand it. He has apparently not had his life touched by violent crime. Doesn't even sound like he has held a firearm. I would not call him anything but a comedian. A comedian who has ostracized 50% or greater of his audience.
Last edited by ranger_ric on Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you are not willing to learn
No One Can Help You...
If you are Determined to Learn
No One can STOP you!!
We want you to be safe and succeed so start here
SassyFrass
Distiller
Location: Sittin' on the side of the Mountain sippin' and smilin'

Post by SassyFrass »

pfshine wrote:I stopped listening after a while but fick him. My rights dont need to be explained to an ausie. I dont need your political views.
+1 pfshine
I don't push my views/opinions/politics on others, and I don't want yours pushed on me.
Simple Lil' Pot Still, no temp guage, no carbon, no scrubbers, nuthin' fancy. Sometimes use a thumper, sometimes don't.

Real good info for New Folks:
Brutal
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Brutal »

From my cold dead hands. Come get it.
Steam injection rig http://tinyurl.com/kxmz8hy
All grain corn mash with steam injection and enzymes http://tinyurl.com/mp6zdt5
Inner tube condenser http://tinyurl.com/zkp3ps6
Zak Griffin
Novice

Post by Zak Griffin »

Not trying to stir anything!

I think pfshine got offended and swung the hammer before the nail was even in place.

I own and shoot guns regularly, controlling kangaroos, foxes and rabbits on the farm...
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

well Zak so do I But here is the thing, when my guns were stolen from me and the Howard Admin paid me a sum pitence of their worth it was just theft from law abiding citizens. On Jim Jefferies Let take a little look at the port Arthur tragedy shall we. The gun in question was Handed in or removed by the NSW police a few years earlier and marked for destruction so how it found its way into the hands of a known skitzo has nothing to do with "Law abiding', keep in mind the guns were only taken off persons who were law abiding. I would hazard a guess none of the well known shooting were registered guns. as far as crime involving gun being eliminated in oz well :lol: :lol: :lol: :lolno: ole jim must have had his telly and radio knocked of years ago, as my telly radio and newspaper tell me every day about some new crap involving firearms, yes less ppl have guns now but not less criminals, as far as black market guns go I'll can tell ole Jim that the crack heads around here don't do a back ground check before they will sell ya one. And 34 gorillas who is he kidding, ya can get a pistol of half these junky scum around here for under 200. Now i am not a gun nut by any stretch I rarely shoot these days and my guns are in SA most of the time anyway but it IS my right to own them and it should have been my right to own the ones I had. I am deeply resentful of the fact they were taken from me for no positive outcome and I will always remain so. From that day forth I will never vote for any conservative government not ever
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

Zak Griffin wrote:Not trying to stir anything!

I think pfshine got offended and swung the hammer before the nail was even in place.

I own and shoot guns regularly, controlling kangaroos, foxes and rabbits on the farm...

Your right I did get offended. I tend to get pissy when some asshat from another country attacks my rights. You know what the most infamous dictator's did when they got to power? They spouted something about god country and SAFTEY then took everyone's guns/weapons at which point they went on to slaughter millions of their people. So excuse me I will hold on to my 45 thankyou.
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
aquavita
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by aquavita »

From personal experience - of the people I know, those that are the most anti-gun are some of the least responsible people. Some of them I wouldn't let watch my dog. Almost seems like deep down they know they'd screw-up and get someone hurt, but resent those that are responsible and can handle the duties of gun ownership. Every issue in their life is the fault of someone else - ever hear of a mirror? :problem:

The gun folks I know, they are the ones you call when the old oak fell on the garage or the truck won't start and you need a ride. They help others and don't look for some alphabet soup department to bail them out every time they make a mistake.

Much like distilling, gun owners come from all walks of life and economic strata. Range I go to, common to see someone driving an old rust-bucket of a car shooting the breeze and yuckin' it up with another that just pulled in driving a Rover. Best part - the guy driving the rust-bucket selling single pulls of his BMG for $15 ea. $20 if you wanted the brass a souvenir. :D

I will say that $20 spent on the BMG will put a bigger smile on your face than a $20 lap dance!
phillmystill
Swill Maker

Post by phillmystill »

Zak Griffin wrote:Not trying to stir anything!
Really????

I don't think I could have been more provocative if I'd tried.

Live and let live, I say! I think the reason I like this place so much is the different cultures/ customs from all the members from around the globe (mainly) co-existing in harmony, bound by a common interest. :thumbup:
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
― Mae West
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

I think he's hilarious. Sure, I'm one of those gun loving crazies he pokes fun at but I'm not one to let someones opinion of my get my thong in a knot.
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Post by goinbroke2 »

I lasted 4min and 9 seconds then had to turn it off. That is what is known as offensive through ignorance. In other words, he has an agenda to push (comedy as it's vehicle) and spouts lies/half truths and ignores facts that don't fit his agenda. I find him as misleading and deceitful as Jon Stewart.

There is nothing other than shit-disturbing that can be taken from that. Maybe I'll find an American comedian with only a bare grasp of the facts who will ridicule Aussies about their treatment of Abo's, wouldn't that be hilarious? No huh? :roll:

I think the Admin should lock this thread or delete it in it's entirety.

Oh, and Croweater, you can tell by the laughing of the audience that they too forgot or were never informed that the weapon from the massacre was turned into police and therefore never should of been back on the streets for any reason let alone in the hands of a skitso (or however you spell it) Makes you wonder if Australia had it's own version of "fast&furious" and instead of border guards getting killed with previously turned in weapons, a massacre happened instead. :evil:
Last edited by goinbroke2 on Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
thisguy
Swill Maker

Post by thisguy »

He kinda sounded like my ex....just a little less informed...
Lighting new cigarettes
Pouring more Drinks
It has been a beautiful Fight
Still Is

Work hard and say its easy...Cranky's Spoon Feeding
Concentric Still Build
Zak Griffin
Novice

Post by Zak Griffin »

Sorry guys! I thought a few, like Loki, might be able to see the funny side and take the piss out of themselves a bit.

But then I'm guessing that not many actually watched more than 3 or 4 minutes of it...
Fastill
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Fastill »

A comedian that gets off doing cocaine and shoving things up his ass... At least that is part of his act. I wouldn't take a thing he says seriously.
A.D.D. and HD don't go together. This hobby takes time and dedication to learn and do it right and safe.
Fill the pool before you jump in head first!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=52975
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

Guns don't kill people, people kill people... Case in point would be the guy who attacked TSA agents yesterday using wasp spray and a machete... Three rounds from a TSA agents firearm resolved that issue... A crappy baton would have been virtually useless... You see, it's not just guns that are dangerous... But guns are far more effective for self defense...

We have at least a couple towns here in the US where citizens are encouraged to carry handguns... The crime rate in those towns is nil compared to the rest of the country... Why...??? Because even a criminal with a gun has little chance of intimidating someone and then making a successful escape when he knows he's outnumbered in the firepower department so they just don't bother trying anything in those towns...
Brutal
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Brutal »

Zak Griffin wrote:Sorry guys! I thought a few, like Loki, might be able to see the funny side and take the piss out of themselves a bit.

But then I'm guessing that not many actually watched more than 3 or 4 minutes of it...
I made it less than a minute Zak. I already knew what he was going to say. He's a freedom hating bastard and should not be provided a pedestal to spout his shit from. Its not funny and its not accurate. I am already sick of this discussion.

Good day.
Steam injection rig http://tinyurl.com/kxmz8hy
All grain corn mash with steam injection and enzymes http://tinyurl.com/mp6zdt5
Inner tube condenser http://tinyurl.com/zkp3ps6
Zak Griffin
Novice

Post by Zak Griffin »

I can tell you that if you made it less than a minute, you have absolutely no idea what he goes on to say.
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Ok I made it 2:28 and all I can say if you Zak wholeheartedly agree with him your both full of shit! :thumbdown:
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

I made it over four minutes and I concur with bigbob. Taking guns from law abiding citizens to prevent crime is like taking alcohol from law abiding citizens to prevent drinking and driving.

I also agree with Brutal, I'm sick of this thread.
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
Plaincrazy
Swill Maker

Post by Plaincrazy »

Well Zak, I have 12 guns currently in my house and I'll be damned if anyone is going to tell me I can't have them, so you can just imagine what I think of you and your video!

Funniest shit I have seen in a long time, laughed my ass off and so did the Mrs :clap:
Sorry but if you got offended by the video you probably didn't see it to the end, and if you did, jeez lighten up a little :roll:
Funniest Newfie joke you will ever hear will be told by a Newfie. People who laugh live longer :mrgreen:
There appears to be an inverse relationship between tangible distilling problems and possible drinking problems...
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

OK, I can't watch youtube videos on this computer for some reason but I've read the comments and think everybody should go give a listen to this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYhRiFVVZJI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

That was great cranky, I apoligize for my comments.... But...don't try to take my guns!!!!
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
Zak Griffin
Novice

Post by Zak Griffin »

So you watched and enjoyed it, plaincrazy? Good stuff :thumbup:

As Jim says, I'm all for you guys having guns, but to think your argument is anything but; 'fuck off! I like guns!' is ridiculous :clap:
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

I have to say this whole thing seems too political for this particular website. I hate it when comedians try to force their political views on people. So I'm going to end my involvement with this thread by saying F#@k off I like my freedom and the right to own guns and defend myself is part of that.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Zak Griffin wrote:As Jim says, to think your argument is anything but; 'fuck off! I like guns!' is ridiculous
Well Zac coming from the land the same as you and not so very far from me you know well as me that a firearm is a tool, just as is a knife, axe or box of spanners, Can't see ole Jim bringing out a video screaming "fuck off I like spanners" of course not , they are tools, that's ridiculous :thumbup: . I mean no offence to point out you are much younger than me, only that you could not know how it feels to have a brand new $900 (back then) pump action shot gun taken from you and be told its worth $250 or to have your centre fire taken away and have to destroy feral animals and injured stock with a clapped out 1902 Lee Enfield Boer war era 303 and shoot starlings and rabbits with an 1880 rohan vikking 12 ga with light shot so it don't blow up in ya face
You and those that think likewise have every right to think the way you do. but I didn't find it so funny as I well remember the misinformation and bullshit from that time in the media and in parliament and was in constant contact over all this with the highest office in the land, the speaker of the house and still hold some 1200 pages of parliamentary transcript on this very motion, jim Jefferies probably learnt all he knows on the subject listening to John laws :thumbdown: But this is my rendering of the facts and others have theirs
I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it.
~Voltaire
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

All right, I went back and watched the whole thing, even where he drug slavery into it "for a laugh". Then I watched several other clips of him on u-tube to get a better understanding of him and his humour. His comments on Muslims to an American audience proved you can say anything to anybody if your a "comedian" and get away with it. He said muslims don't eat bacon or drink beer and he loves both, and if you took them from him.."HE would fly a plane into a building" to the uproarious laughter of the crowd. :thumbdown:

I've changed my opinion a bit, while I still think he might be anti-gun, I think he's more about telling Americans to their face that they're stupid for various reasons and laughing at them for agreeing with him. "The world knows Americans are fat and lazy...." and he goes on from there to the laughter of the crowd...umm maybe he should check out the real productivity levels of countries before he makes such a stupid and incorrect statement?? Course that would clash with his agenda...

I love comedy and can enjoy various forms, but political based comedy that is out and out biased pisses me off. "did ya here the one about obama.." and then make up something which has no truth at all...that's comedy? NO it's not, it's a cheap comedian taking the lowest hanging fruit to make cheap laughs at somebody elses expense.

I watched several clips and he does have funny points, it's just too bad they're ruined by his obvious bias.
Plaincrazy
Swill Maker

Post by Plaincrazy »

Zak and Crow, forgive me for not doing my own research but could you indulge me in a bit of spoon feeding?
What are the gun laws in your part of the world? no guns at all? you can possess hunting rifles right?
Something like Canadian gun laws or more like the Brits?

I have fired air rifles to rocket launchers and everything in between, and my youngest son is one up on me having pulled the trigger from a Leopard tank. One thing I know is that when I get up in the morning I can barely manage to get the orange juice in my glass and not in my bowl of cereal, takes about 30 min before I can think straight. I'm pretty sure that if I am startled out of my bed in the middle of the night I am more likely to mistakenly grab my pecker instead of the 9mm in my night stand drawer (if I had a 9mm). The criminal at the foot of my bed on the other hand, hopped up on drugs and adrenaline and holding a knife, is sharp as a tack and most likely to win this gun fight. My gut says "from my cold hand" but my brain says "be smart". Sometimes you just need to get passed the rhetoric and apply some critical thinking.
Either way, I laughed at the video for what it was, comedy.
There appears to be an inverse relationship between tangible distilling problems and possible drinking problems...
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

Plaincrazy wrote:I'm pretty sure that if I am startled out of my bed in the middle of the night I am more likely to mistakenly grab my pecker instead of the 9mm in my night stand drawer (if I had a 9mm).
That may be effective depending on how confidently you do so. Criminal might go from thinking he's the offender to feeling victimized rather quickly.
Plaincrazy
Swill Maker

Post by Plaincrazy »

So officer, I broke into this guys house and he pointed this huge cannon at me :shock: I want him charged with attempted rape :lol: :lol: :lol: