favorite sandwich

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

favorite sandwich

Post by jb-texshine »

BBQ chicken , refried beans ranchero sauce and mex rice.with jalapeño peppers and chipotle sauce with queso fresca cheese on french bread..... what's your favorite sandwich.
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!
Drunk-N-Smurf
Rumrunner

Re: favorite sandwich

Post by Drunk-N-Smurf »

Pistrami on rye with Swiss cheese.
Hangover? I don't get no stinking hangover!
googe
retired

Post by googe »

Thick slices of Tomato and onion with salt and lots of pepper.I'm simple!.
Here's to alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.
"Homer J Simpson"
moosemilk
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by moosemilk »

So many good ones! Genoa, calibrese, pastrami, corned beef, egg salad, tuna, klik, but definitely any sandwich is best on heavy (dark) rye bread. For favorite, I'd have to put a reuben up there!
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Metwurst dill cucumber and cheese, can't beat it with a stick
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
whistlewetter
Swill Maker

Post by whistlewetter »

I second the reuben!
Boxcutter
Bootlegger

Post by Boxcutter »

Any type of fried seafood po-boy shrimp,catfish,crawfish,redfish,flounder,speckle trout,soft shell crab,and can't leave out fried back strap. Hard to beat these options
heartcut
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by heartcut »

My favorite sandwich is a rare steak
heartcut

We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know.

W. H. Auden
dieselduo
Rumrunner

Post by dieselduo »

pulled pork with carolina mustard based sauce topped with sour coleslaw
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

Grilled tomatoe, basil and provalone on home made wheat bread.
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
Appalachia-Shiner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Appalachia-Shiner »

My own Pulled Pork hot off the smoker...slathered with some Sweet Baby Rays Spicy sauce.
carbohydratesn
Swill Maker

Post by carbohydratesn »

Yesss, Sweet Baby Ray's is the best. Makes a hell of a meatloaf.

My favorite sandwich right now - heat up some oil in a pan, add an assortment of spices that go well together - chili powder, cocoa, whatever you feel like. Let it cook a little, get some Maillard reactions goin' with all of the different chemicals in those spices.

When that's hot, fry an egg in it. When that's done, slip some good ham or turkey under the egg, drop a slice of cheese on top of the egg, and put a lid on the pan. Let it sit for a few minutes, get some more Maillard reactions going in the meat :D

Spinach on top of the cheese is great too, it gets steamed. Put some dijon mustard on bread, slide everything out of the pan, and you will have a really damn good sandwich.
Braz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Braz »

dieselduo wrote:pulled pork with carolina mustard based sauce topped with sour coleslaw
Oh yes!

Picked up two nice pork butts on sale this week. Destined for the smoker next weekend.
Braz
S-Cackalacky
retired

Post by S-Cackalacky »

A New Orleans style roast beef po-boy, dressed and wet enough so the juice runs down to my elbows.
Every new member should read this before doing anything else:
Appalachia-Shiner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Appalachia-Shiner »

Dammit, y'all got me hungry; I'm going home and start smoking some HAWG.
The KYChemist
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by The KYChemist »

Anything from Primanti Bros... Haven't had one in awhile though. My favorite is the cappicola and egg. Gotta make it "dirty" though. Heat up the Cole slaw on the grill with hot sauce mixed in.
Attachments
Primanti-Bros-1-300x225.jpg
Primanti-Bros-1-300x225.jpg (22.83 KiB) Viewed 2663 times
Whiskey is rays of sunshine, held together with water.
aquavita
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by aquavita »

While I LOVE Premanti's - This is what I crave today.
Shrimp PoBoy from NOLA Grocery on Bourbon
Shrimp PoBoy from NOLA Grocery on Bourbon
Boxcutter
Bootlegger

Post by Boxcutter »

S-Cackalacky wrote:A New Orleans style roast beef po-boy, dressed and wet enough so the juice runs down to my elbows.
Doesn't get any better than that !!! If it ain't sloppy you doing something wrong :thumbup:
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

Seems I eat a lotdof shit samwiches! :|
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
S-Cackalacky
retired

Post by S-Cackalacky »

Boxcutter wrote:
S-Cackalacky wrote:A New Orleans style roast beef po-boy, dressed and wet enough so the juice runs down to my elbows.
Doesn't get any better than that !!! If it ain't sloppy you doing something wrong :thumbup:
I lived in NO for 2 years - long time ago. The roast beef poboy is something I couldn't get enough of - that and Popeye's chicken tacos. I would stop at a little place (portable building) in a dirt parking lot along Lapalco in Algiers on the West Bank a couple times a week. That sandwich is among the best things I ever ate.
SassyFrass
Distiller
Location: Sittin' on the side of the Mountain sippin' and smilin'

Post by SassyFrass »

I reckon I'm just a simple fella. All of those look and sound great, BUT nothing beats a good fried bologna sandwich. Little hot mustard a slice of cheese and a mater slice. Side order of Grippo's BBQ chips and an Ale81 to drink.

SF
Simple Lil' Pot Still, no temp guage, no carbon, no scrubbers, nuthin' fancy. Sometimes use a thumper, sometimes don't.

Real good info for New Folks:
swampdog 2
Swill Maker

Post by swampdog 2 »

hog head cheese, Vidalia onion, sliced tomater , slice of cucumber ,with a touch of mayo on a cat head biscut :thumbup:
S-Cackalacky
retired

Post by S-Cackalacky »

Fried spam with yellow mustard and a thin slice of red onion on Wonder bread. Is it OK to have more than one favorite?
bentstick
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bentstick »

Rueben with swiss,Asiago and parmesan oh and the beef subsituded with corned venison,on homemade rye,and yes homemade saurkruat!!! Is a good meal
It is what you make it
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

Homemade bisquit split in half with 2 eggs pile o bacon and cheese.
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
Boxcutter
Bootlegger

Post by Boxcutter »

S-Cackalacky wrote:
Boxcutter wrote:
I lived in NO for 2 years - long time ago. The roast beef poboy is something I couldn't get enough of - that and Popeye's chicken tacos. I would stop at a little place (portable building) in a dirt parking lot along Lapalco in Algiers on the West Bank a couple times a week. That sandwich is among the best things I ever ate.
not knowing how long ago you were here . You won't remeber the name of the place I'm in that area quite often. I always look for new place to try. In louisiana there's so many we'll know restaurants here but I prefer the mom and pops place. They put love into their food that just cant repeat anywhere else in my opinion. The hardest thing down here is choosing which place to eat at being you can't travel more than a couple miles with passing a resteraurant. There nothing like traveling off the beaten path to find a good cajun resteraurant in the middle of no where at the end of the road down the street from the boat launch. Love this place
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

Yes it is OK to have more than one favorite... my original sandwich....yeah ...I was drunk...
Pastrami and...marble rye bread Munster cheese spicy brown mustard deli style pickels tomatoes and purple (red) onion.
Y'all Yankees don't know bout Whataburger...
Best poboy.... fried oyster. Hands down. Don't try to convince me otherwise.
But best ever...that Saturday evening snack sandwich after you've been hunting all week...bologna(cold and watery... slightly sandy) cheap ass mustard sliced Cheddar. Pickel on side chased with a beer of your choice with one of your sons mid rut whitetail season in the middleof nowhere...
Beat that...
Some people say presentation is everything...
I say location trumps presentation when combined with the right setting.
Just sayin...
Btdt and that was my Thanksgiving 2014...
Wouldn't trade that for anything .
That was the best sandwich ever
JB
( If you have been there you'll agree)

Deo Vendice

jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

ga flatwoods wrote:Seems I eat a lotdof shit samwiches! :|
Sometimes life's like that... try not to breathe as you chew and swallow.
Lol.
JB
(Then again you killed me...enjoy that sandwich.....lol
JB

Deo Vendice

jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

Boxcutter wrote:
S-Cackalacky wrote:
Boxcutter wrote:
not knowing how long ago you were here . You won't remeber the name of the place I'm in that area quite often. I always look for new place to try. In louisiana there's so many we'll know restaurants here but I prefer the mom and pops place. They put love into their food that just cant repeat anywhere else in my opinion. The hardest thing down here is choosing which place to eat at being you can't travel more than a couple miles with passing a resteraurant. There nothing like traveling off the beaten path to find a good cajun resteraurant in the middle of no where at the end of the road down the street from the boat launch. Love this place
Can I get in on dat Nola grub...
How bout dat old school blood sausage and spicy mustard on baguette roll. For those who don't know,it is illegal to make or sell blood sausage nowadays... that an what was called"seafoood pro boys" used to be as common as taco stands in Texas.
Speaking of which...
Lengua de vaca tortas.. cow toungue sandwich... seasoned like taco meat on cjabatta type bread with salsa Verde with queso fresco. For y'all non texicans that's a cow tongue sandwich(roasted) on tough ass bread with hotter than hell salsa that is made from Greene(Verde) tomatoes called tomatillos and a crumbly goat cheese. Garnished with ripe red tomatoes and cilantro with like juice squeezed on the bread.
JB
(Taco truck patron).....

Deo Vendice

WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

i make a big ass manwich. 800g tiger bread, usually with £12 of various deli meats. usually salami, chorizo, chicken, bacon & beef with a load of lettice piled on top. feeds a few or me for 20+ hours.

or i get £10 mix & match deal from the suppermarket. 4 cut up chicken breasts seaseond with salt, pepper, cinamon and sugar. 400g of mince w/t salt pepper and hot sauce. topped with a bunch of bacon. on the 800g tiger bread cut in half with grilled cheese on both sides.

both are held together in the bag that the bread came in and are good eating. perfect for the long sunny days(we get about 17h of daylight during the summer months) in the park by a cooler of beers.