Mid/Southern Ontario Meet

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
pythonshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Mid/Southern Ontario Meet

Post by pythonshine »

I have been talking with another member about getting a meet in Southern Ontario started. This is just the preliminary call. Who? Location? and When? are all on the bord for discussion. Post if interested, P.M. for details.
Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Mid/Southern Ontario Meet

Post by Swedish Pride »

Any chance that all the folks from the meet get on a plane and fly down to Ireland, free booze on arrival!
Don't be a dick
pythonshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pythonshine »

If I had the mowney and passport I would be there in a split! Now if you wanna take a dip and breaststroke it here you got a room! No booze yet but we can get on that.
Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Swedish Pride »

sure I almost drown in the shower ...
Don't be a dick
pythonshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pythonshine »

ROFL swedish! It certainly would be one helluva meet.
yakattack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yakattack »

Would love to have you come sp. Wishing science would hurry up and invent matter transporters already.

And if ya made it here you'd have lots of free alcohol.

Yak
HDNB wrote: The trick here is to learn what leads to a stalled mash....and quit doing that.
ElChupacabra
Novice

Post by ElChupacabra »

I would have ya'all here in Arizone, but most people think it's hot, but it's a dry heat. (Bull shit, hot is hot).
pythonshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pythonshine »

Lol, Yeah hot is hot weather its wet or not. If it wasnt so far from S.C. i would be there!
moosemilk
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by moosemilk »

Man, Ireland would be something else! Wish I could afford it . . . maybe one day.

As for Ontario . . . well, all depends on when, where, and my situation at the time. I may be starting new employment soon and leaving my current after over 20 years. Needed a change. But I am in ON, just not S or even Mid really. I'd like to make S3 this year as well, but again, depends on what happens with employment. Everything for me for the next 6 months is play it as it goes basically.

Wish there was more around me. All I have to offer is more lakes than you can imagine full of clean water, fantastic fishing, solitude, clean air, springs you can still drink from, amazing hunting (moose, deer, bear, grouse, rabbit and more). Is it summer yet? I hear the cry of a loon calling me and my prospector tent on a remote lake, while i sit by a campfire. Ok, living where I do isn't so bad! Still, no fellow hobbyists nearby.
pythonshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pythonshine »

Well the location is not yet set. The initial thought was Niagra Falls, but talking to another member, it sounds like toronto. Still no idea of a date yet.
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

I hope this works and and I can make it... (depending on how far wife will give me a hard time)

B
yakattack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yakattack »

Moose milk. How Fars you from Ottawa? I plan on heading that way with the kayak this summer or fall if finances allow. You just sold me on a an extra couple of days away lol. Give me water and I'll fish until I die lol.

Edit. That is if s3 even happens moose milk. Woodshed has disappeared.
HDNB wrote: The trick here is to learn what leads to a stalled mash....and quit doing that.
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

Yak I think he is over a 12 hour drive from ottawa...

B
a-donovan
Novice

Post by a-donovan »

Im in north ontario come down to civilization once in awhile
yakattack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yakattack »

Should maybe see about doing a meet up st a campground? Set a place and Make it a weekend. Thoughts?
pythonshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pythonshine »

How far from Toronto? Going to meet another member on Friday and this will be one of our discussions. Like I mentioned before, Toronto sounds like the place....for now. Trying to find an in-between for other members. Those guys stateside have it easy....to go north I can drive for over a day straight and not leave the province...or even close. lol just razen you boys :wink:
pythonshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pythonshine »

That's an idea too yak.... :think:
moosemilk
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by moosemilk »

yakattack wrote:Moose milk. How Fars you from Ottawa? I plan on heading that way with the kayak this summer or fall if finances allow. You just sold me on a an extra couple of days away lol. Give me water and I'll fish until I die lol.

Edit. That is if s3 even happens moose milk. Woodshed has disappeared.
Yep . . like bitter said . . . about 12 or 13 hours from Ottawa . . . and one hell of a Dukes of Hazzard leap if that Nipigon River Bridge goes out again lol.
yakattack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yakattack »

Ah. May still be worth the drive. Any free spots to camp up by you. Zero footprint. Cary in Cary out practices always followed. Couldn't afford it otherwise. Hotels get bloody expensive.
Sungy
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Sungy »

Keep me posted about this. Would love to meet up with some of ya. Im in southern Ontario. Between the Niagara falls and Toronto.
Expat
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Expat »

I'd also be interested, can manage the GTA

Current boiler and pot head
Cross flow condenser
Modular 3" Boka - pics tbd
Site Donor

Post by pythonshine »

Well it seems that Toronto seems to be the place. Now we're in Toronto? The next big discussion is when? We will try to keep the meet in a month without snow yes?
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

Be nice if there was a distillery tour we could do... I am wondering about were we will stay... would require an overnight for me I think.... To far otherwise.. Gota keep cost down also.

B
yakattack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yakattack »

bitter wrote:Be nice if there was a distillery tour we could do... I am wondering about were we will stay... would require an overnight for me I think.... To far otherwise.. Gota keep cost down also.

B

With a group of us we can do it on the cheap.

Funny actually guess where I am right now. Just outside of Toronto. In Markham. Have a meeting on a job site (non union) not sure what is going to come of it but who knows. I may get lucky. Only down side is the distance. Almost 5 hours from home will mean seeing my kids only one weekend every 2 weeks. Girlfriend just on weekends. But if I get work out of it then I can't complain.

Yak
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

Hope you get work. I know it sux not seeing the kids and girlfriend as much as you like. But work is work..

Markham is not too bad at least its the right side of Toronto for me.

B
yakattack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yakattack »

Haha yah true. There are a few members hee from Toronto area. Wish I was here for an extra night or 2. Would set an impromptu meet.
pythonshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pythonshine »

The only distillery I know of is in Grimsby. I would think an overnight is a definite for me as well. I was just quickly looking and it looks like about 75-100 bucks for a half decent hotel room.....man there is bunch to planning these out. :crazy:
Sungy
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Sungy »

Been to Dillons in Grimbsy. Got a nice still and some creative spirits. Makes a great Gin. Enjoyed the white rye as well.
Cashjon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Cashjon »

If there is a meet up and if someone in the area could show us there setup that would be great, also visit a distillery would be awesome, especially if someone knew the people personally that way it wouldn't be a rush thru the plant. Some of these smaller setups in distilleries are still worth a fortune. I looked into a BC distillery and his setup is from Germany, beautiful still design.