S3:16

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: S3:16

Post by Odin »

Yeah, I am sorry for the issues with Woodshed. Given the email correspondence, I thought this had happened some months ago already and that's why I offered Amsterdam and my location as an alternative. Anyhow, the offer still stands. But if people want to organize it otherwise, I completely understand!

Regards, Odin.
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

in the unlikely event that it dose happen i could host some folk in scotland if they would like to visit and make a tour of it.
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

Hmmm, I gotta say... My people come from the Netherlands and I've always wanted to make a trip over. Scotland is on my bucket list as well... Two birds??
Throw meeting up with Odin and Wooteck, and possibly other members, into the mix and it becomes very enticing.

Timing and $$ would have to work out, but count me as very interested. Either way, thanks for the invite, guys! :wave:
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

You know what I think? I think we should make S3 a day, not a location. We could have several people host in different locations, but we all do it the same day. So Odin/Woo could hold one, Jed/Butch/Randy/Me/Boom could hold the northeast one, JBtexas/otherlonestars could hold a Texas one, Bear/and crew hold the PNW one, the boys down under hold one e.t.c..

We could all share experiences across the world on one day/weekend. Hell, with today's resources, you might be able to conference in other locations for a bit. It doesn't have to get that complicated, though, just different 'chapters' doing the same thing at the same time.

That's my vision. :relaxed:
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

europe is all quite close together and reasonable to travel round. geting here and acomidation may be the most cost. it would be a shame to travel all the way and not do a little tour.

posted same time as shineon

+1 i like that idea.
Brutal
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Brutal »

ShineonCrazyDiamond wrote:You know what I think? I think we should make S3 a day, not a location. We could have several people host in different locations, but we all do it the same day. So Odin/Woo could hold one, Jed/Butch/Randy/Me/Boom could hold the northeast one, JBtexas/otherlonestars could hold a Texas one, Bear/and crew hold the PNW one, the boys down under hold one e.t.c..

We could all share experiences across the world on one day/weekend. Hell, with today's resources, you might be able to conference in other locations for a bit. It doesn't have to get that complicated, though, just different 'chapters' doing the same thing at the same time.

I like your vision. That would take all the pressure off one person to host. The groups would be smaller but the drive would be shorter for everyone. I think a discussion on this topic is needed.

I still want to go to Pagosa Springs. That was the best vacation I've ever been on.
Steam injection rig http://tinyurl.com/kxmz8hy
All grain corn mash with steam injection and enzymes http://tinyurl.com/mp6zdt5
Inner tube condenser http://tinyurl.com/zkp3ps6
firewater69
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by firewater69 »

if you Texans put something together i'd be up for it since we're neighbors.
Moonshine.... American as apple pie & it's part of our heritage, history & culture.
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

I like where this is going...
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

I think us Californians need to do sumpthin too. This lower left corner of the country seems to be reasonably populated with stillers.

tp
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

As a host to 2 of these get together I can say many smaller ones will be better that a few large ones. At the last one there was roughly 60 bottles on the table. There is no way anybody would be able to sample all of them and be able to give a good review of what they just had. That being said the times I have had with fellow enthusiast are some of the best times I have and I am sure I will have more. And as TB said in another thread on short notice I am good for 2-3 visitors at a time. With proper planning 15-20, I believe I maxed my place out at this years jedfest.

My door is almost always open to members in good standing, just gotta holler.
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

jedneck wrote:As a host to 2 of these get together I can say many smaller ones will be better that a few large ones. At the last one there was roughly 60 bottles on the table. There is no way anybody would be able to sample all of them and be able to give a good review of what they just had. That being said the times I have had with fellow enthusiast are some of the best times I have and I am sure I will have more. And as TB said in another thread on short notice I am good for 2-3 visitors at a time. With proper planning 15-20, I believe I maxed my place out at this years jedfest.

I sure hope I'm in good standing after last year's event
. This city boy got way too drunk and tried to set Jed's yard on fire. .. :oops:
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

ShineonCrazyDiamond wrote:
jedneck wrote:As a host to 2 of these get together I can say many smaller ones will be better that a few large ones. At the last one there was roughly 60 bottles on the table. There is no way anybody would be able to sample all of them and be able to give a good review of what they just had. That being said the times I have had with fellow enthusiast are some of the best times I have and I am sure I will have more. And as TB said in another thread on short notice I am good for 2-3 visitors at a time. With proper planning 15-20, I believe I maxed my place out at this years jedfest.

[size=85]I sure hope I'm in good standing after last year's event. This city boy got way too drunk and tried to set Jed's yard on fire. .. :oops: [/size]
You did. That suits me less damn grass for me to mow. :sarcasm:
Your welcome here anytime shine. And my Amish neighbor just opened up a bake shop. Good damn thing I'm upwind cause otherwise I'd gain a bunch of weight.
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

jedneck wrote:
ShineonCrazyDiamond wrote:

[size=85]I sure hope I'm in good standing after last year's event. This city boy got way too drunk and tried to set Jed's yard on fire. .. :oops: [/size]
You did. That suits me less damn grass for me to mow. :sarcasm:
Your welcome here anytime shine. And my Amish neighbor just opened up a bake shop. Good damn thing I'm upwind cause otherwise I'd gain a bunch of weight.
I will say, I just felt bad that we were all up, and you were the only one tending to all the chores. I'm a man that feels the burden should be shared among the able. So, when you said you were just gonna start the fire on the front lawn, and "%#@! that grass", well, I may have taken that more literal than most.

How did I know you had that barrel in mind. .. :roll:
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

And BigBob offered to hold my beer and watch it!
Snackson
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Snackson »

T-Pee wrote:I think us Californians need to do sumpthin too.
tp
I like the way you think.
freaky_cutout
Novice

Post by freaky_cutout »

2975 posts and he ain't all he was made out to be.........

Shame that, he ended up not doing much for site credibility.
Getting back into stilling after a few years off.
Pesty
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pesty »

Snackson wrote:
T-Pee wrote:I think us Californians need to do sumpthin too.
tp
I like the way you think.
Sure we can figure something out
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

freaky_cutout wrote:2975 posts and he ain't all he was made out to be.........

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
Windy City
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Windy City »

Well let's see... The man has a very popular tried and true recipe, he has given much time and knowledge to the site, he was a moderator and when finished wasn't given the respect of a jacket, he opened his home to over 20 of us last year for almost a week! I appreciate all he has done for this site but like many of those that have built this site and then move on. We do not know what is going on in his life right now.

You have been here for about a month and a half I would personally just like to say you don't know what the fuck you are talking about!
The liver is evil and must be punished
Cranky"s spoon feeding for new and novice distillers
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=52975
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Windy City wrote:

Well let's see... The man has a very popular tried and true recipe, he has given much time and knowledge to the site, he was a moderator and when finished wasn't given the respect of a jacket, he opened his home to over 20 of us last year for almost a week! I appreciate all he has done for this site but like many of those that have built this site and then move on. We do not know what is going on in his life right now.

You have been here for about a month and a half I would personally just like to say you don't know what the fuck you are talking about!
+1 Johnny!
ShineonCrazyDiamond wrote:And BigBob offered to hold my beer and watch it!
I'm still cant remember Friday night....cept I remember Jed throwing that cat and boom throwing that bottle!
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

ShineonCrazyDiamond wrote:You know what I think? I think we should make S3 a day, not a location. We could have several people host in different locations, but we all do it the same day. So Odin/Woo could hold one, Jed/Butch/Randy/Me/Boom could hold the northeast one, JBtexas/otherlonestars could hold a Texas one, Bear/and crew hold the PNW one, the boys down under hold one e.t.c..

I like this idea Shineon, but I sure had fun traveling all over the country meeting all of you!
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Tell ya what,1 we are not going to start kicking a bloke who can't reply, end of story, 2 the reason things happened is not a whole lot of peoples business and it is not respectable to to discuss it when the fella involve can't explain himself. This type of talk in the future will see this thread locked and the poster warned. Woodshed did plenty for the site but the same rules apply for moderator as floor members, it might not be a democracy but we are all pretty much equal
Edit Actually I don't mean to be rude but what good can be served by this thread any more, other meetings should be discussed in there own specific threads. Unless a currant member is going to host this one then probably it should come to a close :thumbup:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Swedish Pride »

Agree with your two points crow

however locking the thread is being a bit trigger happy IMO

If folks are to organize a one day to suit all there needs to be a thread for that so why not use this one?
The mere mention and opinions on Woodsheds exit from the site is not a reason for locking a thread.
Don't be a dick
freaky_cutout
Novice

Post by freaky_cutout »

Swedish Pride wrote:Agree with your two points crow

however locking the thread is being a bit trigger happy IMO

If folks are to organize a one day to suit all there needs to be a thread for that so why not use this one?
The mere mention and opinions on Woodsheds exit from the site is not a reason for locking a thread.
It would seem to me that your opinion in your opinion is more of an opinion than an opinion.

How is it that you agree with all the points but then go on to say that your opinion which is just an opinion should have more weight than anyone elses opinion in any opinion. My opinion for example is that your opinion is contradictory to the opinion that should be in any case any opinion that if I had an opinion your opinion would be no opinion less what you thought your opinion should be. That is my opinion.
Getting back into stilling after a few years off.
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Bigbob wrote: I like this idea Shineon, but I sure had fun traveling all over the country meeting all of you!
No one said what meeting you have to attend!

And, you are always welcome to a visit to the east coast anytime you like. I have a guest bedroom, so let me know when you want to visit NYC (or Philadelphia).
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

ShineonCrazyDiamond wrote:You know what I think? I think we should make S3 a day, not a location. We could have several people host in different locations, but we all do it the same day. So Odin/Woo could hold one, Jed/Butch/Randy/Me/Boom could hold the northeast one,

dont forget me in the NE meet up :wave:
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

rager wrote:
ShineonCrazyDiamond wrote:You know what I think? I think we should make S3 a day, not a location. We could have several people host in different locations, but we all do it the same day. So Odin/Woo could hold one, Jed/Butch/Randy/Me/Boom could hold the northeast one,

dont forget me in the NE meet up :wave:
Of course not! The names were simply suggestions of who could host, not the line up! You can host this year if you like!
Brutal
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Brutal »

freaky_cutout wrote: It would seem to me that your opinion in your opinion is more of an opinion than an opinion.

How is it that you agree with all the points but then go on to say that your opinion which is just an opinion should have more weight than anyone elses opinion in any opinion. My opinion for example is that your opinion is contradictory to the opinion that should be in any case any opinion that if I had an opinion your opinion would be no opinion less what you thought your opinion should be. That is my opinion.
What's the point here? You just like talking shit and then trying to act funny about it? Thanks for two useless posts trying to stir the pot.

As far as this thread I think we should give a little time for someone to pick up the ball. It can be discussed here then a new thread started once there is a plan. imho
Steam injection rig http://tinyurl.com/kxmz8hy
All grain corn mash with steam injection and enzymes http://tinyurl.com/mp6zdt5
Inner tube condenser http://tinyurl.com/zkp3ps6
pythonshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pythonshine »

+1 Brutal, Get the idea then start the workings elsewhere.
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Well, I may have jumped the gun a little... :oops:

http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 91&t=60650

Sorry, mod threatened to shut it down, and I didn't want the discussions to end. Freaky was bringing all that irrelevant negativity up in here. :evil:

Anyways, if this stays open, we can delete the other thread.

I just want to have some fun here! :ewink: