Mid/Southern Ontario Meet

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
moosemilk
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Mid/Southern Ontario Meet

Post by moosemilk »

pythonshine wrote:Cool Moose, Depending on your route my truck seats six!
I'm really hoping to make this one. The wife has given me her blessing and offered to help with cash. Depending on cost, I may see what an RV rental would be and take her and kids for a road trip.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Hi guys seems in mid August I maybe in Michigan and Having just found out it would cost me something around $7 to cross into Canada II was thinking I might meet up with some relations in Ontario, guess I'd miss your meet but would be keen to catch up with members :thumbup:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
yakattack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yakattack »

Shoot me a PM. When your in Michigan. I'm right across the border. Cold beer and whiskey/vodka as well as a bbq awaits ya crow
HDNB wrote: The trick here is to learn what leads to a stalled mash....and quit doing that.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

nothing is certain yet but I sure will advise everyone if this happens and a PM for sure. Got relations around Hamilton and Toronto but have to get in touch with Dads sisters and a cousin to find their addresses. I hadn't looked into it til now as i figured it would just be out of our reach for this trip but maybe not :thumbup:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
a-donovan
Novice

Post by a-donovan »

Just came back from a tour of dickson distillery in guelph very good very informative.. If planning a southern ontario meet this would be a great area to visit

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
dodgebrown
Novice

Post by dodgebrown »

is it happening?
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

Not sure what the plans are. pythonshine is working on helping his mom get better. I'm sure he will chime in when he has time.

pythonshine, Yak and myself had a meetup and some fishing and drinks a bit back.

B
pythonshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pythonshine »

I would love for this meet to happen. The input on when and ware however has been nil. If Crow is going to be in Southern Ontario, I think it would be a great time to get together! :thumbup:
yakattack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yakattack »

I've sent crow my number. Just waiting on a call for time lines.
HDNB wrote: The trick here is to learn what leads to a stalled mash....and quit doing that.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Well I can't commit to that at this stage but if we get there it would be in late August, we would be entering near Detroit driving over towards Niagara to re-enter the US. My family is from the Hamilton District so it would be great to get up there and meet some rellies and a bunch of you guys but we'll see how it goes
pythonshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pythonshine »

Indeed so Crow. Keep Yak updated and we can start getting down to the letter as August approaches.
Sungy
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Sungy »

From the hammer myself. If here is a get together im in. Sorry been a little late to the party.
willybub
Novice

Post by willybub »

Hi

I am in Stratford and I would be interested in meeting up as well. There is actually a new distillery here Called Junction 56 and he does do tours. He makes moonshine, vodka, gin and just started his own whiskey. It's a nice little place.

Edited out part of post: Please follow the rules we live by found on the index page
Bushman
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

Not sure if this is still happening. If it works out and not too crazy for me would try to attend

B
pythonshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pythonshine »

I would like this to still happen. Stratford is not that far from Yak and I. It does sound nice. What do you think Yak?
yakattack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yakattack »

pythonshine wrote:I would like this to still happen. Stratford is not that far from Yak and I. It does sound nice. What do you think Yak?

I won't be able to do a meet until after Christmas myself. Working out of town means I have very limited time. After who knows. I was even thinking of hosting one next spring at my place moving to a bigger house and yard in a few weeks.
Hedge
Novice

Post by Hedge »

Hey Python, I'm up for a meet, if and when. I'm in the Windsor area as well. Yak and I have been meeting for coffee whenever our crazy schedules coincide.

Have you been out to Amherstburg to check out Wolfshead at all? A couple of my beer making buddies are talking about making a pilgrimage.

Cheers, Hedge
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

To bad I was in Ontario a couple weeks ago, seems like I miss meetings like crow by days. I have got to get my calendar figured out
Hedge
Novice

Post by Hedge »

Bushman wrote:To bad I was in Ontario a couple weeks ago, seems like I miss meetings like crow by days. I have got to get my calendar figured out
Yeah, the world is a much smaller place these days. I was in Tennessee this morning, back in Canada now, spent a few days with Odin in Woerden in July and I'll probably reconnect with some friends in Kentucky before the summer is out. The trick I use is to preplan a little bit, stick a few phone numbers and reminders in my smartphone calendar to let me sneak in some pleasure visits in order to bust up the boring business trips :).

Cheers, Hedge
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I also ran one of his iStills in Woerden, and we did a distillery tour in Amsterdam. Great time!
Hedge
Novice

Post by Hedge »

Bushman wrote:I also ran one of his iStills in Woerden, and we did a distillery tour in Amsterdam. Great time!
We closed the Victoria three nights running, the "owner" took a liking to me, and let me play with the rubber chicken.

Cheers, Ted
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

Bushman wrote:To bad I was in Ontario a couple weeks ago, seems like I miss meetings like crow by days. I have got to get my calendar figured out
Wish I would have known you were here. Depending were you were could have have a few drinks.

B
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Was staring at the bridge to Ontario yesterday
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

Crow sent y a pm in case your close so can meet for a few drinks. Ontario is a pretty big place.

B
yakattack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yakattack »

thecroweater wrote:Was staring at the bridge to Ontario yesterday

Then you were within shouting distance from me .... and im leaving for work in a few hours.

Yak
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Sorry we didn't get that way this trip guys, time was not on my side for my slow and steady pace
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

Next time crow!

B
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

bitter wrote:Next time crow!B
Oh yeah I'm sure there will be a next time, across that bridge is part of my families homeland :thumbup:
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

:thumbup:
DoubleJ
Bootlegger

Post by DoubleJ »

Hey, is there still going to be a meet at all? I know I'm late to the conversation, but with me being just on the east side of Toronto, all these locales - Markham, Stratford, Guelph, Hamilton, Niagara Falls are all within a couple hours of me. Ottawa is a little further, about 4 hours, but still doable.
Seek to understand...