Selling will get you some trouble..

Anything about distilling ya read in news.

Moderator: Site Moderator

ranger_ric
Site Donor
Site Donor

Selling will get you some trouble..

Post by ranger_ric »

http://www.wymt.com/content/news/Letche ... 96751.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Nuff said

Carry On
RR
If you are not willing to learn
No One Can Help You...
If you are Determined to Learn
No One can STOP you!!
We want you to be safe and succeed so start here
LWTCS
Site Mod

Re: Selling will get you some trouble..

Post by LWTCS »

Dumb ass.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
WIski
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WIski »

I think he needs a little more silicone on his worm bucket......... :crazy:
Appalachia-Shiner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Appalachia-Shiner »

Looks to me like he is following all the good advice he read on here, he should have got a Liebig and he wouldn't have so many leaks in the cooling bucket.
Just trying to supplement his fixed income, and stay healthy. ...Apple for a snack rather that a Bologna Sammich.
I saw this on TV .
Law dogs need to be arresting the Heroin dealers.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Appalachia-Shiner wrote:Looks to me like he is following all the good advice he read on here, he should have got a Liebig and he wouldn't have so many leaks in the cooling bucket.
Just trying to supplement his fixed income, and stay healthy. ...Apple for a snack rather that a Bologna Sammich.
I saw this on TV .
Appalachia-Shiner, I hope your comments are in jest, as I don't always read into jokes!
WIski
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WIski »

AS,

The decision the folk make to sell is not something that is encouraged here on HD. As a matter of fact it is a cardinal sin to do so and rightfully so. In my opinion selling moonshine is not wise, its exactly the opposite of wise. It also puts at risk the hopes and hard work many good folk have done to try and legalize hobby distilling. So the selling folks actions are inflicting harm to others. As far as safe practices being followed by this person, I would suggest the takeoff from the still is to small and the plastic funnel is pretty obvious. This guy is not a model to be hold and neither are the gobs of silicone on his worm bucket.
Appalachia-Shiner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Appalachia-Shiner »

Bushman wrote:
Appalachia-Shiner wrote:Looks to me like he is following all the good advice he read on here, he should have got a Liebig and he wouldn't have so many leaks in the cooling bucket.
I saw this on TV .
Appalachia-Shiner, I hope your comments are in jest, as I don't always read into jokes!
I was somewhat making a joke, but maybe you don't know how serious the Herion problem has gotten iñ Appalachia. It used to be Oxycodone but Herion is so much cheaper that dopers have switched to it. Methamphetamine use and making is rampant. The Coal industry is shut down.
Sheriff's and Local Law Enforcement are turning a blind eye to the Mexican Cartel involvement. Many are on the Take and just look the other way. 6 or 8 people in an extended family were SHOT and killed 2 weeks ago in a drug related professional hit in the Appalachian region of southern Ohio. No leads....

Yeah, I know Moonshine is illegal.
But there's a bunch of other shit a helluva lot more important that is killing kids every day here.
And Apples are very healthy.
Didn't notice the plastic funnel, all I saw was a coffee filter.
No further comments.
rubber duck
retired

Post by rubber duck »

A guy that use to live close by to me got nailed a couple years back. One of his neighbor rated him out because he didn't have any shine to sell him and he got all but hurt and called the cops.

He don't live near by anymore because he went through federal forfeiture and lost his house. He had two mile high rigs so nothing big.

That episode scared me enough that I stopped stilling and got rid of all the shine I had on hand. Busting a moonshine rig is a pretty novel thing for law inforcment in these parts.
Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen. John Steinbeck
still_stirrin
Master of Distillation
Location: where the buffalo roam, and the deer & antelope play

Post by still_stirrin »

still shack
still shack
potstill with thumper & worm
potstill with thumper & worm
Awe heck no...that's for making good drinking water. The city water here is undrinkable...

Oh, I've been feeding the rabbits...to fatten them up for butcher. You'd love them country fried rabbit thighs...tastes just like chicken...
rabbit feeder
rabbit feeder

Oh, that...that's just "fuel" for my alcohol lamps...to light and heat my house...
lamp fuel storage
lamp fuel storage
My LM/VM & Potstill: My build thread
My Cadco hotplate modification thread: Hotplate Build
My stock pot gin still: stock pot potstill
My 5-grain Bourbon recipe: Special K
USACelt
Bootlegger

Post by USACelt »

That is one that caught my eye, dumping mash spoils all over out in the open. Even a novice passer by might question that mess. Smelling of lowwines and ferment

LOL
Ní uasal aon uasal ach sinne bheith íseal: Éirímis.(Séamas Ó Lorcáin)

The great appear great because we are on our knees: Let us rise.(Big Jim Larkin)
stony2289
Novice

Post by stony2289 »

still_stirrin wrote:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Awe heck no...that's for making good drinking water. The city water here is undrinkable...

Oh, I've been feeding the rabbits...to fatten them up for butcher. You'd love them country fried rabbit thighs...tastes just like chicken...
image.jpeg

Oh, that...that's just "fuel" for my alcohol lamps...to light and heat my house...
image.jpeg

Those jars you are keeping your alcohol in, what do they have on the underside of the lid? Most of the ones I have seen like that are some sort of plastic.
still_stirrin
Master of Distillation

Post by still_stirrin »

stony2289 wrote:...Those jars you are keeping your alcohol in, what do they have on the underside of the lid? Most of the ones I have seen like that are some sort of plastic...
Did you go look at the link RR posted?
gflower1
Swill Maker

Post by gflower1 »

Might need a sarcasm disclosure SS! Lol

Stony, those are from a bust...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
still_stirrin
Master of Distillation

Post by still_stirrin »

gflower1 wrote:Might need a sarcasm disclosure SS!
You're right. But you know my tagline is, "Be safe, responsible, and discrete". So, I was (trying to be) funny. I just thought that follow on readers might not actually follow the news link and I wanted to point out the carelessness of the individual who got busted (because of his ignorance...definitely not a member here).

But when you think about those photos...they probably actually help him. Evidence posted on the internet cannot be entered as evidence in a trial. It could influence a jury unfairly, so a judge would likely disallow its admission.

Still, for all those who read this thread from now and into the future....DON'T SELL...without a license.
ss
stony2289
Novice

Post by stony2289 »

No, sorry I didn't read the article.

Yes, very funny, though I feel like a bit of a twit now :)
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Not sure the silicon is a big issue, he weren't selling the flake water. Big investigation month or so with big money, manpower diverted to catch some ole pop with a tin can still, they must be so very proud. Bet them meth cookers and Coke runners are loving that county. Yep he broke the law, knew the risk and took it, its how it goes with low hanging fruit
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
WIski
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WIski »

Just to clear the air on the silicone. My point was not to insinuate the silicone was a safety concern. Just that it didn't surprise me that someone who used gobs and gobs of silicone to attach water hoses to a flake stand would be getting busted for doing something stupid like selling moonshine. The worm bucket looks ridiculous to me. Maybe its just me but there are many other economical ways to attach hoses to a tank. If this is the best the guy can do he probably shouldn't be stillin. Bad shit is bound to happen. I don't mind poking the dude that got busted but I don't want to insult any good people here.