%&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

thecroweater
retired

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by thecroweater »

Don't worry we get fed the same horse shit here and the sheeple swallow it down like its gospel. W had a carbon tax that sent our power and gas costs through the roof, its now been repealed but no prices dropped (friggen scam) now they are switching to an emissions trading scheme (another scam making a camodity out of nothing) . Population of oz 24 million in a country the size of the main land mass of America. We got Europe telling us we should do this and that , they have 743 million and the world population is 7.4 billion. The Australian gov crack me up , all this destroyed industry job losses etc is so worth it because Oz is making such a big difference. The ebarressing thing is sheeple are still believing it and yep we got the whole global warming is making the southern hemisphere colder complete with a stack of pseudo science. Trouble we have here is anyone that says hey this theory is flawed is called a climate denier and hounded by the dumbest "news"/propaganda reporters you are likely to come across. Just had the coldest winter in donkies years and last summer lasted about half an hr but ya get that with global warming I guess.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

You can all bury your heads in the sand and say global warming is fiction, but you'd be wrong... And, yes, global warming IS responsible for the weather quirks like brutal winters... Do some independent research and learn rather than taking a belligerent stance on the subject or believing the pundits that say there is no such thing as global warming... It is the profiteers who want to get rich at the expense of our planet that want to deplete fossil fuels while they can and leave our future generations suffering for it... Again, that's fact, not fiction... I want better for my grandchildren and future generations rather than having them die on a virtually uninhabitable planet, and so should every other member here...

All that being said, there is no guarantee that world governments are handling the situation properly either... But the fact remains that we have a better chance of saving this planet, if we get our asses in gear, than we do finding another planet to inhabit and eventually destroy because of not learning from previous mistakes... There is zero chance that we will ever be able to move what we have here to somewhere else so we might as well face that fact and start investing in saving what we've got... Admitting that global warming is real is just a start...

Thinking you'll be dead before it is a real problem makes you part of the very problem rather than part of the solution...
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Coming into Detroit I saw something I have not seen for 22 years, it was smog. Climate change is a fact of live and the cycles of warming and cooling have been going on for many millions of years. Some of these have caused mass human depopulation and migration. This reduced greatly when we started to learn to adapt and apadt our environments to suit us. Sure the consumption of non renewable energy must end as the earth contains a finite amount. Puluted air and water is unpleasant and has very obvious health risks, it can not be allowed to go on much longer. My home state off South Australia pretty much completely runs off renewable engery and not far from where I live here there are hundreds of wind turbines. Personal solar power was taking off here but a change in gov stifled it economically (big foreign business got conserned) Do I believe in the prevailing global warming sciences? Not a chance its just an angle used by those in positions of power to make money. Carbon tax and emissions trading will not reduce reduce the destruction of non renewable reasorces. This is simply big business sales 101 , create anxiety then offer a solution, its how big business got big, there have always been sheeple. Weather events are touted as proof of this science with statements like coldest day since 1994 and hasn't snow this time of the year since 1982. Does that mean global warming got to this stage in 1982 and again in 1994 and the world was saved back then by a consortium of fuel companies and the EPA somehow
Oh by the way we haven't has snow for several weeks although we did get heavy hail yesterday
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
shadylane
Master of Distillation

Post by shadylane »

[quote="rad14701"]You can all bury your heads in the sand and say global warming is fiction, but you'd be wrong..[quote]
+1 Rad
The Pacific Islanders are watching their way of life and land vanish do to the oceans rising.
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Post by goinbroke2 »

Don't confuse "global warming" with "man made global warming". As I said, the earth is getting warmer an ha been since the end of the mini ice age, before that it was cooling. We're still 1.6 degrees cooler now than when the Romans were running the show 2000 years ago. Why did the earth warm up after th ice age? Why did it get cold and have the mini ice age? What warmed the earth an stop the mini ice age? Oh yeah, suv's! We should be good stewards of the earth and do what we can to protect resources. Wind mills and solar panels? Great! But don't feed me the shit that if I don't forfeit my paycheck to the governmen for their latest tax scheme or don't jump on the latest band wagon that i'm an evil person. There is just as much bullshit propaganda going on with this lastest "drama" as there was too global cooling and a new ice age by t year 2000. And this by the SAME scientists in '74 who are now screaming global warming and when that wasn't scare mongering enough and proven false (how much warming since 2005??) that now they use the catchall phrase "climate change" so no matter what happens their right. It's based on money and power, simple as that. Don't worry i've done extensive research on it and whenever something is questioned instead of exploring the answer like a scientist is Supposed to do, the attacks start. If you say it's raining and I look out the window and say it's not, would you look again to see if something is changed or do you double down and fight your argument and attack the denier for daring to question you? If the automatic reaction is personal attack, I think there's something suspicious going on.
Fun fact, what is the biggest greenhouse gas???? WATER VAPOUR! Ocean Temps and clouds control the earth's Temps from the warming from the sun. And yet co2 (3percent of total greenhouse gases) of which 3 percent of that is man made, is controllin the earth's temp....cause the earth has no way to regulate itself....um..ok...
Don't confuse dumping waste engine oil in the creek behind your house with driving to work to make a living. We should do wha we can to protect the planet, I just. Don't agree with running around with our heads cut off screaming the world wi end if I use a vacuum instead of a broom.
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

All I'm saying about this....+1 goingbroke2!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

shadylane wrote:
rad14701 wrote:You can all bury your heads in the sand and say global warming is fiction, but you'd be wrong..
+1 Rad
The Pacific Islanders are watching their way of life and land vanish do to the oceans rising.
Actually Shady, according to the number one ocean expert (forget his name off the top of my head but he's an American, who I should clarify, WAS the number one oceanographer in the world fully supported by all until he spoke out against the church of global warming and was then vilified as a denier and a junk scientist etc) the plates are shifting and land is going up and down, not the water moving. He followed it up with, why is Scotland sinking and Ireland rising when their on the same body of water? Is the water tilting? No, the teutonic plates are shifting.

The whole basis for science is to question and prove something, not have consensus with "peer reviewed" groups. Yeah, we all agreed the earth was flat, there was a concensus, they had peer reviewed groups confirming each others various stories no doubt...but the truth eventually came out. Look up articles in Time magazine from June 1974, actually a couple from 74. I love this line, "if we have another winter like 71-72 I don't think mankind can survive" Don't think mankind can survive!!??!! If that is not blatent hysteric's I don't know what is! And of course the answer to stop global cooling and the coming ice age of 2000....MONEY!! SUPRISE!!! Yes Sir, folks, send your money to "I want to feel good about myself and feel warm and tingly thinking I'm doing something for the greater good" For only $129.99 YOU TOO can feel smug knowing you are doing something to fight something or whatever...umm...just send money!
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

Let's be clear about one thing... Global warming IS global warming, regardless of whether it is environmental or man made... One can be fixed while the other is a natural phenomenon that is far bigger than mankind can harness and control, no matter how superior we humans think we are... The fact remains that we are the only species that can potentially kill virtually every living organism on this planet...
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Fully agree Rad, Imagine the millions of tons of oil and crap that was sunk during WW2 or even the oil wells all burning during the gulf war, hell yeah, we did (do) bad things and we have to curb it where we can. Once we invented nukes we can now blow the planet in half, of course we shouldn't, I'm just not buying into the hysteria that the only answer to the "crisis of the day" is my money. Should we send all our money to the "let's get rid of nukes" groups too? That was a huge push in the 50's-60's because that was the prominent issue of the day. There are so many "crisis" which are invented for various reasons. The whole CO2 issue started with Margaret Thatcher as a way to stomp the coal unions in the UK. In other words, it was politically motivated. The agenda was picked up by the environment groups and got so far from the original point that the founder of Greenpeace quit the organisation he started, saying it was all politically motivated now. Money and power, that is the church of climate change, either you drink the kool-aid and don't disagree, at all, whatsoever,...or you're a heretic and will be vilified in your chosen profession.

We all want to do what's right for the planet, but we have to recognise that sometimes we go a bit far. An example, the Canadian military changed all the outboard motors on the zodiac's (small boats they carry on the ships) for going up north, from 2 strokes to 4 strokes due to emissions, they want only environmentally correct engines in the northern region. (sounds like a good reason, helping the planet, great right?) Then they found out the 4 strokes won't start in -70* weather. When your in a no-fail situation, you would think mission would take precedence...but no, we want to be politically correct and say that we're doing our part to save the planet. And then we see the Russians running 10 times the outboards we have, all 2 strokes, because they work. :roll:

I have all LED lights in my house and assist my electric heat (coal powered) with wood. I car pooled to work for many years and have newer vehicles which are excellent on gas as well as excellent on emissions. Litter bugs are a pet peeve and when off roading, I normally bring back a lot more garbage then I left with. I have a large garden and grow a lot of my own food.....I'm just seeing the bullshit for what it is, greed driven opportunism.
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

goinbroke2 wrote:Litter bugs are a pet peeve and when off roading, I normally bring back a lot more garbage then I left with.
Don't get me going on my litterbug pet peeve...!!! It pisses me off to no end when I go for walks only to find that the rest of the world thinks they can use my road as their personal landfill...!!! And they are, for the most part, repeat offenders... One 100 yard stretch is all the same fast food wrappers... The next stretch is the same small vodka flasks, by the dozens... On the other side of the road it's Twisted Tea cans, by the dozens... Ignorant creatures of habit that think that because they got away with littering in a spot once that they can go ahead and do it again, day after day... It fries my ass...!!!

And I'm like you on bringing more out with me than I take in... State parks, state lands, managed trails, and just about everywhere else I go... And I pay the $2 per bag to get rid of it at the local transfer station... However, someone dumped three tube type TV sets on my property that I have called the county about because, just as I had advised them, people will dump them as litter on other peoples property or in ditches instead of paying the $10 per item disposal fee... And now that my advise has proven to be 100% accurate the county doesn't even return my calls when I leave a message stating that I would gladly take them to the transfer station but will not pay someone elses disposal fees... I've been after the county for years about the whole disposal fee debacle... It just causes more littering because people will litter before paying disposal fees... Yet again, a prime example of humans being their own worst enemies...
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Vodka and KFC!!! There's a strip of dirt road by home where there is fresh vodka pints and empty KFC boxes thrown on the side of the road which coincides with the welfare checks being sent out. AAAHHH!!! If I ever catch them I'll follow them right to their house to see where they live, then pick up all the garbage and "give it back to them" one dark night. :wave:
Bastards!
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Spoke to soon, snow, hail and the coldest October day in over 6 years :roll:
yakattack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yakattack »

I'm finishing my last day of work here in goderich ontario. It's a cool 6 degrees with winds up to 60km ( steady at 45) been raining off and on. But thankfully no snow yet.

Yak
HDNB wrote: The trick here is to learn what leads to a stalled mash....and quit doing that.
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

we have 11 inches of ice on the lake here, neighbors who have lived here for 23 years said when they got here you could skate by Christmas but about 14 ago that stopped until the last 3. Each year the ice is getting thicker sooner. 11 inches between Christmas and New Years is the same (according to her records) as 1997 and 1995. Last year the lake was free of ice April 22 ( the same 1998). Two years ago it was April 13 (1997 was April 14)

It started snowing Friday and is still snowing, they were calling for 40cm (16") but we have 34-38" or about 75cm...and they want us to believe they know what it will do in 100 years? :roll: :lol:

Oh, and in 1995 they had 2ft of snow at this time....but the earth is "hurdling towards destruction" and will soon burst into fire because of co2....can you say "agenda"? :wink:
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

i dont know about the rest of you but here in New england we just got dumped a foot of snow in less than 6 hours and still going strong

f%&^ing snow! hate this shit!
SilverBullet
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SilverBullet »

40 cm soon to start falling here in NS. I'll be getting the tractor out for this one
A handful of patience is worth more than a bushel of brains
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

Not a lot of accumulation here yet but I can hardly see the house across the street most of the time right now... The SOH's 25 minute drive home took 70 minutes...
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Cold wind blowing here and I got steak on the bbq. If I didn't go outside I would of swore it's dead calm. Went from plus 4 to minus 7 in the last couple hours.
Got a 7k genny in the back of the motor home so if we do lose power I'll pull it out.

If it would stay cold and snow it wouldn't be as bad as this plus five, minus five shit that keeps everything continuously wet and cold.
Klein
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klein »

Weather man this morning said "high of -32C tomorrow"
DBCFlash
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DBCFlash »

rad14701 wrote:Let's be clear about one thing... Global warming IS global warming, regardless of whether it is environmental or man made... One can be fixed while the other is a natural phenomenon that is far bigger than mankind can harness and control, no matter how superior we humans think we are... The fact remains that we are the only species that can potentially kill virtually every living organism on this planet...
I agree. The problem with the whole "global climate change" thing from both sides is that they are willing to stretch the truth and ignore real evidence to make their point. BOTH sides do this. I have a number of real scientist friends and the one thing they find consensus on is, there is no conclusive proof either way, man-made or not. Real science doesn't work like that. It's about evidence and probability. There is some evidence that says that the changes COULD be contributed to by human activity, but there are simply too many unknown variables to declare that it is certainly a man made phenomenon.
Everyone can agree that unchecked pollution is a bad thing, and seeking alternative sources of energy is a positive thing. If China continues to burn coal in power-plants without real scrubbers and continues to fill their roads with cars using old technology and no pollution controls, what we do will make no difference at all.
The argument has turned into a political religion. Too much passion and not enough thought. You don't change peoples minds with fire bombs and riots. Listen, learn and be skeptical of everything. Especially arguments that have to be shouted.
Some men you jest cain't reach...
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

was 50'c (122'f) at about 3:30 yesterday, fair to say it felt pretty darn warm.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

We finally had some rain and for the first time temps are above 40 F. looks like I can do my rum run tomorrow.
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

thecroweater wrote:was 50'c (122'f) at about 3:30 yesterday, fair to say it felt pretty darn warm.
And i thought texas got hot...
Just for shits and grins,try putting some cookie dough on a baking sheet and sit it on the dash of your car for about three hours at that temp with the windows rolled up.
Jbt
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!
acfixer69
Global moderator

Post by acfixer69 »

Finally stopped snowing here couple hours ago. Would never know with the wind blowing a horizontal blizzard ATM. Was an easy winter till today 11F. Yesterday sunny and 55F. Nothing new for New England :D

AC
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

acfixer69 wrote:Finally stopped snowing here couple hours ago. Would never know with the wind blowing a horizontal blizzard ATM. Was an easy winter till today 11F. Yesterday sunny and 55F. Nothing new for New England :D

AC
we might be neighbors :wave:
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

jb-texshine wrote:
thecroweater wrote:was 50'c (122'f) at about 3:30 yesterday, fair to say it felt pretty darn warm.
Just for shits and grins,try putting some cookie dough on a baking sheet and sit it on the dash of your car for about three hours at that temp with the windows rolled up.
Jbt
3 hours, with the windows up, ya makin teethin rusks?
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

thecroweater wrote:
jb-texshine wrote:
Jbt
3 hours, with the windows up, ya makin teethin rusks?
Naa, they just take a bit longer to cook at lower than 350°f . my Wife does it a couple times every summer and the smell is great for weeks after.
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

see if y'all can zoom up on that temp in the photograph
Attachments
IMG_20170209_163447.jpg
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

50C, Gooood Lord!
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

and them crazy bitches in the photo are wearing clothes! black to boot!
That's the nice thing about Canada. I can put on enough clothes to go outside at -50 (and have :econfused: ) but there's no way you can take off enough clothes to be comfortable at +50.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.