hi everyone.

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Uisce
Novice

hi everyone.

Post by Uisce »

Hi everybody, this site looks great, hope to learn more about distilling and meet great people.
Bushman
Admin

Re: hi everyone.

Post by Bushman »

Welcome to HD, we like to get to know our members can you give us a little more information about yourself without being to specific.
What country are your from?
What do you like to drink?
Do you have a still or are to planning to build or buy?
Got any background in distilling or brewing?
Etc.
Uisce
Novice

Post by Uisce »

I'm from U.S.A. The state of Pennsylvania. My drink of preference is whiskey (preferably jack Daniels). I would like to buy a still for now. Couple gallon to start. I have been reading, taking notes, talking to people, so I have tons of information in my head, just need to apply it. Hope to learn more on here as well.
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

Greetings, Uisce...

You sure aren't setting the bar very high if your goal is to be able to recreate JD... With some practice it should be easy to make something better... You will understand that statement with more depth as you do your research here... Also, if you intend to make flavored spirits, like JD, a boiler of more than "a couple gallons" would be a far better option... You'll learn about that as well... Do ample research before making what could end up being a false start... You need to know what you need to know before you need to know it...

Good luck, stay safe, and enjoy the journey...
DBCFlash
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DBCFlash »

Hello! I've been in your shoes but once you start reading and learning you'll surly want something bigger than a couple of gallons. It's an addictive hobby.
Some men you jest cain't reach...