%&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

HDNB
Site Mod

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by HDNB »

i'm blaming the wife and daughter. they made me change out the winter tires last weekend...before the may long weekend! what were they thinking?

Sadly i can confirm it's snowing like a mo fo out there. Only 5 inches in the next 12 hours though...so meh, summer tires are good.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

I blame Steve Jobs...and that Nino family :?
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Post by goinbroke2 »

Global warming!!! aaahhh!! it's all true!
Attachments
55.jpg
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Attachments
9.jpg
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

goinbroke2 wrote:BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
THAT'S FUNNY!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I currently drive a 45 year old Jeep Pickup with an AMC 360 that gets 13MPG on a good day but I know I can drive that truck for another 45 years and it will still have done less long term environmental damage than occurred from building that Prius
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

HDNB wrote: I think Jimbo misunderstood me too.
na, I was just babbling about bacteria. Fascinating little creatures. Its fun putting them in beer intentionally.
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Northern California had the wettest winter ever recorded they just reported in the news.

Waiting for it to be spun into "all the snow is melting in Canada and the excessive water is flooding Cali"

Oh no, new crises! Send your money to...

Edit: just seen I forgot the link;
http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/other/ ... smsnnews11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
"Experts and state water officials say California is seeing more of these intense weather swings as temperatures warm, making wet years wetter and dry years drier." Oh yes the "its snowing more because its warmer...gotcha"

"As of Thursday, an astonishing 89.7 inches of precipitation across a zone of eight stations in the northern Sierra has been recorded since October. That surpasses the record 88.5 inches in the 1982-83 rainy season."
Last edited by goinbroke2 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Well now isn't this special, buddy told me about his power company which is installing solar panels all around his town. Sounds great huh? Guess what, if you want to pay a "small fee" you can opt to get "solar power" instead of the regular power... :shock: he asked if this sounded right.... :lolno: first I told him, there is no way to get the electrons from the solar panel to you, it's a power grid! The solar panels add capacity and the installation is being paid for by gullible people who want to feel better about themselves and think they are doing their part to save the planet.
Again, another case of using guilt to get money from people!

Yes ma'am, for .02 extra per kW you can use solar power instead of the hydroelectric power therefore doing your part to save the planet. We thank you for your patronage and your grandchildren will thank you for their clean planet"

First off, power here is hydroelectric so how the hell is solar any better??? Second, how can this blatant lie be legal? It sure as he'll isn't ethical!

Yup just send you $100 and you too can fell good about yourself...damn! How can people not see this??? :evil:

Edit: I forgot, the maple syrup this year is hurting because it's staying cold too long and the sap isn't flowing. It needs the cold/warm of day and night in the spring and here it's just cold or colder(and calling for flurries tonight..check the date!)
Northern nb isn't as bad off but southern nb and ns its up to 80% less than last year. 80%!
Global warming my arse!
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Ah green energy surcharge yes we have had this option ( read scam) for years, carbon filtered energy if ya will. Comes through the same wires as the brown coal energy but sheeple will be sheeple. Paying for sins ya want to commit is not a new concept ( indulgences) they use to burn ppl at the stake for insinuating it was dodgy.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

goinbroke2 wrote: Global warming my arse!
Climate change perhaps ???

OVZ
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

goinbroke2 wrote:First off, power here is hydroelectric so how the hell is solar any better???
Not all power is hydroelectric, much of it is produced by coal fired power plants.
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Woke up to 2" of snow and -5 this morning, going to a high of -2 today. Calling for some rain later in the week then snow Fri-Sat.

Crow...this is a thing? figures it was being scammed elsewhere.....

Oldvine, You are correct, its climate change all right, it changed from "ahh we're going to burst into flame by 2000" or so they said up until the warming stopped in '98 to now its colder, longer than is "normal" . So apparently man has made a remarkable global wide interference that has reversed all the warming trend from '75-98. Wow, that's even quicker than the "coming ice age" proposed in '75 which was from the cooling trend of '40-'75.

Yup, "climate change" then no matter what happens, WE WERE RIGHT!!
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Have you every seen anybody bitch about snow and cold more than the people who live in "The Great White North"?
Maybe you guys just need to move somewhere like Florida so you can bitch about the heat and hurricanes :moresarcasm:
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Lol!! Good idea! Course then we'd have to deal with gators and snakes and spiders and all that stuff....

Course look at it with this perspective, you live near the equator and its always hot, too hot to work outside in, and people keep telling you the earth is freezing and because your hot you should send money to colder places...you know...to help them. :roll:

Don't worry cranky, another month or two and it will taper off as the snow goes away. :wink:

Till Oct/Nov anyway... :lol:
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

goinbroke2 wrote:Don't worry cranky, another month or two and it will taper off as the snow goes away. :wink:
I know :D I live where it snows once a year, may stay in the ground for a week and it rarely breaks 90 in the summer. The trade off is 2 weeks before you get it as snow we get it as rain :( Rain, rain, rain, rain and more rain. I think we doubled the amount of normal rain in March and have already exceeded the normal rain for the month of April. I like rain but at this point I'm sick of rain :roll:
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Talking on the news that we'll probably break a 99 year record of -7.2 tonight. Tell you in the morning how we make out but the high of -2 today was never reached.
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

cranky wrote:
goinbroke2 wrote:First off, power here is hydroelectric so how the hell is solar any better???
Not all power is hydroelectric, much of it is produced by coal fired power plants.
enjoy that while you can. Our gooberment just shut down the coal industry in the province. We sell that cheap power to...guess where?

Your bill is going up. Remember those rolling blackouts? I'm no expert but your grid is going to miss that injection of power from Alberta.
If i was in Wa,Or,CA i'd be looking for alternative sources and locked down future power rates if you can get them.

without us burning all that coal it's bound to lower the global temperature some.

now i drink for evil.
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Fortunately we have Snoqualmy Falls. A few years ago they finally removed the original generator built by Nicola Tesla and replaced it with yet another larger one :D
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

HDNB wrote:[

Your bill is going up. Remember those rolling blackouts? I'm no expert but your grid is going to miss that injection of power from Alberta.
If i was in Wa,Or,CA i'd be looking for alternative sources and locked down future power rates if you can get them.

without us burning all that coal it's bound to lower the global temperature some.
tinfoil-hat-guy1.jpg
OVZ
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Well, -7.4 and broke the 99 year old record (or as the alarmist say, "coldest in recorded history")

Woke up this morning to two more inches of white stuff and calling for flurries Fri-Sat. :shock:

High of 5 today but they already said they're doubtful we'll reach it.

First race of the season is May 20, I think I'll be running the heater in the motorhome! Pity the poor buggers in tents though. :lol:

C'mon SUMMER!!!

I think I already posted a pic of my kids dragster but here they are from 2015 season
Attachments
pic2.jpg
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

goinbroke2 wrote:Well, -7.4 and broke the 99 year old record
Oh come on GB, because of the exchange rate -7.2 Canadian is a nice warm +19 American so it's not really that bad :think: I've been snowed on in Minnesota in July so come back when that happens :moresarcasm:
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

well no snow to report but I got stuck standing in hail yesterday so its fair to say the misery is starting
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Pikey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pikey »

I just lit the fire ! - so doin' my bit to keep us warm :D
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

Pikey wrote:I just lit the fire ! - so doin' my bit to keep us warm :D
appreciate it! all the culverts are still froze, and i'm risking flooding atm.

perhaps you could go for a nice long drive and use up some oil too? The economy is still in the shitter here until we can get back to +80 a barrel.
Everyone should follow Cranky's lead and fix up a nice powerful V8, so i can afford some new copper ferrules. Thanks Crank!

cheers.

now i drink for evil.
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

HDNB wrote: Everyone should follow Cranky's lead and fix up a nice powerful V8, so i can afford some new copper ferrules. Thanks Crank!

cheers.
Happy to do my part to help the economy :thumbup:
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

Im doimg my part also. The truck in the backround is lifted 7" and has 33"s on it and a gusslen v8 under the hood
Attachments
20170314_104345.jpg
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

back in the 90's I built a factory highboy, got rid of the puny ass 400 and

built a 460 high compression, double sprung, high lift, with a holley on it.

12.50/33s. it holds 44 gallon of fuel for a minute or two, but

I can pull a Sherman tank up a pine tree in January.
be water my friend
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Guess this is that brief time of the year when it is a bit crappy both sides :lol: sept you'd are coming good are we are heading for it
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

cranky wrote:
HDNB wrote: Everyone should follow Cranky's lead and fix up a nice powerful V8, so i can afford some new copper ferrules. Thanks Crank!

cheers.
Happy to do my part to help the economy :thumbup:
I have a confession to make :oops: I've been sitting here doing some math and my contribution may be a bit overrated. The average American lives 16 miles from where they work, however I have always believed that whenever possible I should live close to work so I only live 5 to 5.5 miles from work. This means I drive about 50 miles a week going to and from work, while the average Prius driver drives 160 miles a week. On good weeks when I am not hauling things I get 13MPG. Toyota lies about the MPG of the Prius and most owners seem to report getting 35-40MPG, so figure 40. So according to these figures an average preus driver should use 4 gallons of gas a week driving to and from work. I on the other hand only use about 3.84 gallons of gas a week, making my big American gas hog V8 actually use less gas every week than those Preuses. So I am not really helping the economy as much as I thought but I can still haul home plywood and 4x4s and stuff and when I do my gas mileage drops considerably :D
shadylane
Master of Distillation

Post by shadylane »

Dadburnit
I must be getting old
Last winter I saved a bunch of snow for when it got hot
Now, here it is July and I can't find were I put it. :oops: