Flavoring with vape juice

What do you drink, and how do you drink it?

Moderator: Site Moderator

the_bard
Novice

Flavoring with vape juice

Post by the_bard »

Bubblegum vodka etc, anyone tried this?

There are literally 100's of flavors to try and I assume if they can be inhaled they must be safe?

Oh and anyone here from UK with stilldragon kit?

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
Desvio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Flavoring with vape juice

Post by Desvio »

Knowing that many flavorings are made with Castoreum (beaver anal glans secretion) and Lanolin (wool oil gland secretion) and the list goes on... and are labeled/certified as "natural flavorings" and are for the most part non-toxic and used in vape juices, they could be safe. but the question is why would you want to.....
People say that I'm a bad influence. I say the world's already f#cked -- I'm just adding to it.
Bagasso
Distiller

Post by Bagasso »

the_bard wrote:There are literally 100's of flavors to try and I assume if they can be inhaled they must be safe?
I'm sure they are safe but they are pretty much just artificial flavors used in candies, kool-aid (drink powders) and such.

One plus is that you can forego the sugar in candies and drink mixes and leave it out or use something like stevia.

Here is a thread about using candy: Candy Infusions
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

Desvio said, "many flavorings are made with Castoreum (beaver anal glans secretion)".

When a dog goes through the full wash and extras I believe the attendant presses the anal glands to press out the secretions...

Just saying....

Geoff
The Baker
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Because ya can inhale it I wouldn't necessarily say its safe to drink, you can inhale eucalyptus oil or Vicks for a cold but drinking them might give ya a nasty case of rigor mortis.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Corsaire
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Corsaire »

Have to agree with croweater here. I wouldn't trust it.
Bagasso
Distiller

Post by Bagasso »

Corsaire wrote:Have to agree with croweater here. I wouldn't trust it.
Why not? They are food flavorings.
Corsaire
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Corsaire »

Well, since most have nicotine in 'em. Which I don't think is safe to ingest.
Pikey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pikey »

I was going to chirp up yesterday with exactly the same point Corsair makes, but seein' as it's so long since the question was asked I thought - "well he'll be dead or given up by now" - Nicotine is NOT for ingesting ! -

We smoke a cigarette and feel little ill effect - but try EATING one ! Please do that before using one of these things as a flavouring for drink. It will probably not kill you but will make you sick enough hopefully to bin this ridiculous idea !
700G
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by 700G »

You can't flavor with vape juice itself, but you can use the same flavorings that are used to make vape juice. I've done it many times. The flavor concentrates can be ordered from places like this: https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/c- ... avors.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
stillin' when I shoulda been buyin'
Bagasso
Distiller

Post by Bagasso »

Corsaire wrote:Well, since most have nicotine in 'em. Which I don't think is safe to ingest.
True but they have 0 nic juice.

In the vape community the question is backwards, just because vape juice is made with food flavorings doesn't mean that it is safe to inhale. So the flavorings themselves (without nicotine) are considered safer to ingest.

ETA: Of course it's probably cheaper to just use flavorings from the baking/candy making section of the supermarket then paying the hiked up prices of e-juice.