%&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: %&*($#%$ SNOW!!!!

Post by Still Life »

shadylane wrote:Dadburnit
I must be getting old
Last winter I saved a bunch of snow for when it got hot
Now, here it is July and I can't find were I put it. :oops:
Look quickly for puddles.
shadylane
Master of Distillation

Post by shadylane »

Ain't seen a melting snow puddle around for a while.
Figure the old dog remembers exactly when and where :lol:
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Pay the postage and I'll send it
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Started snowing today luckily rain and hail set in to turn it to slushy mushy sleet, man I hate sleet.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Jesse »

thecroweater wrote:Started snowing today luckily rain and hail set in to turn it to slushy mushy sleet, man I hate sleet.

101F on my porch today! What I wouldn't give for a little snow.
If only the best birds sang, the woods would be silent.
kiwi Bruce
Distiller

Post by kiwi Bruce »

Last weekend...white stuff everywhere...BUT IT WAS WHITE SAND!...WE WERE AT THE BEACH! ! ! Love it!
I don't want to think about the other stuff...I don't want to think about the other stuff...I hate the other white stuff.
Getting hung up all day on smiles
OlympicMtDoo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by OlympicMtDoo »

When the smoke clears I can see about 3 very small patches of snow left on Mt. Washington.........good place for it.
Sometimes I wonder why is that Frisbee getting bigger......and then it hits me.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Snowed off and on all day wind blew a gale. Day started with wind, then snow, then wind snow and rain. Then came wind snow and hail then a bit less wind and snow followed by stronger wind showers and snow, not a fun day.
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Post by goinbroke2 »

Aug 26 we had frost...FROST!!! IN AUGUST!!!

It's been a cold Sept so far. brrr...takes the fun out of camping at the track when your huddled around a bonfire because you're cold. Guys are worried about the water in the race engines freezing (can't have anti-freeze in a race engine as its dang near impossible to clear up after a spill)
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

We are having the hottest weather on record with probably 2-3 days of rain in the last 100 days. Not typical for the PNW.
Worm_Drippinz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Worm_Drippinz »

Its been sunny and beautiful. Usually still hot and muggy.
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Last weekend I was racing in the Miramichi, Sat morning was -5 and Sunday was -4. Everything was blanketed in thick frost.
This coming weekend the wife wants to take the motorhome to a local campground along with a dozen others for Thanksgiving. I'll be taking extra blankets and likker. :thumbup:

Deep fried turkey, etc....should be fun.
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Wore shorts yesterday first time since early March. :ebiggrin:
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Yeah but you're upside down Crow! Lol!

I always wear shorts, the wife won't let me run around the house nekkid. Love summer!
TDick
Distiller

Post by TDick »

thecroweater wrote:Wore shorts yesterday first time since early March. :ebiggrin:
For what it's worth.
82 degrees here. Haven't had rain in weeks but under a flash flood warning.
Waiting for Nate, expecting rain 70 mph winds tomorrow.
Hunker Down
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Well, went to an awards ceremony put on by the wife's company. At a table with 4 other couples and one woman's starts talking about the conspiracy with wind mill.....I went, ah, what?
Apparently man is controlling local temperatures by...wait for it...turning those big fans on and off to blow the clouds away! I laughed as she was obviously joking right? NO!
If it's too cool, they turn those fans on and move the clouds to let the sun warm the earth, and on days it's too hot they turn them on to bring the clouds from other places.
The wife grabbed my knee under the table because she knew I was going to unload on her. Let her go on for 10 minutes explaining climate change is being caused by man with big fans! Oil companies are responsible because they make more money heating and cooling homes etc. I was looking around the table and another guy gave me the wtf look. But another couple were either really polite or were eating it up.

Seriously, there is actually people out there that stupid? She swore the windmills are actually fans and that's why somedays when it's really windy they leave them off, if it was a real windmill then they would be running when it's windy, not off.

Holy crap, later back in our hotel room someone brought it up and everyone howled in laughter.

People will believe anything I guess, propaganda is effective.
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

Funny you should bring up climate change, GB.
It's one of those issues we could classify as political, surely you would agree.

I see you're just telling a funny story, but then there's that twist at the end, about how stupid people are, smoothly tied into throwing out a propaganda flag.
Ya see, it's a hot button issue, one that has not a damn thing to do with distillin'.

Now I'm not saying that things are going to get crazy, and that only PC happygrams will be allowed in off-topic moving ahead, but there is a cool breeze blowing through here, and such sideways nest poking is going to start raising flags of its own.

I just thought this would be an appropriate thread to share the forecast. :)
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Point taken, considered done.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

I would like to add a true story to that and it contains no hidden views.
When my home state brought in daylight saving someone wrote in a letter to the editor in one of the states newspapers that they felt it should be repealed ad the extra hour of daylight was beginning to fade the curtains
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

thecroweater wrote:I would like to add a true story to that and it contains no hidden views.
When my home state brought in daylight saving someone wrote in a letter to the editor in one of the states newspapers that they felt it should be repealed ad the extra hour of daylight was beginning to fade the curtains
Bwahahahaha!

And they walk among us, lol.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Woke up to 5" of snow today. Going up to our condo in the mountains tomorrow, what is usually a 3 hour trip I am guessing will be 4-4.5 hours.
kiwi Bruce
Distiller

Post by kiwi Bruce »

The 17-18 winter has been milder than previous years, 3 or 4, 1" dustings and only 2 storms that were 3 to 4 inches...however it has been bitterly cold for long stretchers at a time...still, it's close to March...Robins aren't back yet, but we can feel spring is just around the corner
cede
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by cede »

Winter, for now, has been of ups and down ! Lots of snow and cold weather really soon in the season, then hot, cold, rain, snow....
My alley is a real skating ring :)
but we're close to the worst season: spring when all melts down and mud is everywhere !
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

What should have been a 3 hour road trip to our condo in the mountains ended up being 8 hours. The pass was closed for 4.75 hours so we were stuck in our car 5 miles from the summit. I am now enjoying a Long Island ice tea.
kiwi Bruce
Distiller

Post by kiwi Bruce »

I am so sick of snow...
still_stirrin
Master of Distillation
Location: where the buffalo roam, and the deer & antelope play

Post by still_stirrin »

kiwi Bruce wrote:I am so sick of snow...
You’re lucky.

We got NONE this year...”drier than a popcorn fart” here. The wheat crops are so stunted that I predict a lean harvest this summer. It’ll raise the prices, but only the irrigated farmers will cash in.

Snow is a nuisance, but in a good way. Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.
ss
My LM/VM & Potstill: My build thread
My Cadco hotplate modification thread: Hotplate Build
My stock pot gin still: stock pot potstill
My 5-grain Bourbon recipe: Special K
kiwi Bruce
Distiller

Post by kiwi Bruce »

The snow is ruining my liver...
cuginosgrizzo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by cuginosgrizzo »

kiwi Bruce wrote:The snow is ruining my liver...
then stop drinking it
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Right now I am glad I live on the west coast, I am ready for spring especially after having sun the last 4 days.
kiwi Bruce
Distiller

Post by kiwi Bruce »

Two Feet of Snow.jpg
TWO FEET OF SNOW

This winters Last SNOW!