Beersmith s/w

All about grains. Malting, smoking, grinding and other preparations.
Which grains are hot, which are not.

Moderator: Site Moderator

robint
Novice

Beersmith s/w

Post by robint »

:D Hi Shiners
Has anyone tried the Beersmith software, looks impressive for ca$27

It flashed thru a way in which the ingredients data base can be added with new ingredients, but also showed what looked like a periodic update of a collection of new ingredients that can be added to the s/w databases. Anyone know how thats done? Do you need a premium subscription or some catch like that? :roll:

Maybe i am in the wrong forum here as your glued to spirits, maybe you have a sister site that deals with brewing :?:

Cheers, kampai, chok dee, schol, slaente, tsee hea, salut, sherife, perkele, yo pa's a piel :thumbup:
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Re: Beersmith s/w

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

Don't know about glued....many of us brew and make wine, etc. If you actually look around, you might find we have an entire forum for beer...

http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=10
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
NcHooch
retired

Post by NcHooch »

I use Beersmith for making beer. It's well worth the cost, and as you noticed when new hops, or yeasts, or beer styles emerge, you can update the program with the updates. (no charge) .
NChooch
Practice safe distillin and keep your hobby under your hat.
bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bilgriss »

It's a good program, and it occasionally will go on sale for about five dollars less than that, if you keep your eyes open. I use it mainly for beer, but it's also very good for figuring out mash quantities, expected yields, recipe adjustments, refractometer corrections post-fermentation, and so forth.