How'd you choose your screen name?

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

nuntius01
Rumrunner

Re: How'd you choose your screen name?

Post by nuntius01 »

Tater wrote:been my nick name long as I can remember
heck, i cant remember :lolno: yesterday
I'm just the bank and the mule

post your still pics here
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 16&t=66917
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

nuntius01 wrote:
Tater wrote:been my nick name long as I can remember
heck, i cant remember :lolno: yesterday
OK then you'll just have to take our word for it that it was his nickname yesterday :lol:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Post by goinbroke2 »

RedwoodHillBilly wrote:
goinbroke2 wrote:I’ve had many race cars and one in particular went through money like poop through a goose. Leave the line at 8000 and shift at 7500 or so and either tear the clutch out, twist an axle or studs or the familiar break a spring and drop a valve one. Guys told me I’d go broke running heads up drag racing out of my own pocket. Put the name on the car for spite.

Later, had some good cars and then another that seemed to find every reason it could to spew parts. Named it goinbroke2.

Still got that.....car, in the garage waiting for my anger to subside some year. Lol.
Yup, it ain't about cubic inches, it's about cubic dollars. Don't race anymore myself.
Whoa now, hold on there, lets not talk crazy! Don't race anymore...why that's, that's, sacrilege!

Mama is fed (well :shock: ) got a good roof over the families head and the bills are paid...ain't no way in hell I'm giving up racing!
That's why I bracket race instead of heads up, just gotta know your limitations. :wink:

I imagine they'll pry my lifeless body out of a wadded up racecar one day, but that'll be doing what I want.

Could have a name like "Safety Man" and die when I'm 101 having never done anything in life.... &^%$ THAT!
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Swedish Pride »

stood right beside my dad when he had to give up racing, something about a piston going through the block of an engine that makes it run now so good :lolno:
He was driving a prostock bike before mom, after her he took it up again, but could not afford a new engine, so had to retire at 51 years young
Don't be a dick
tuner
Novice

Post by tuner »

Hi All,

I can Tuna fish and Tune a piano.
:-)
Cheers
Tuner
Worm_Drippinz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Worm_Drippinz »

Worm drippinz.....

Worm = condenser

Drippinz= liquid gold

:D
RedwoodHillBilly

Post by RedwoodHillBilly »

goinbroke2 wrote:
RedwoodHillBilly wrote:
goinbroke2 wrote:I’ve had many race cars and one in particular went through money like poop through a goose. Leave the line at 8000 and shift at 7500 or so and either tear the clutch out, twist an axle or studs or the familiar break a spring and drop a valve one. Guys told me I’d go broke running heads up drag racing out of my own pocket. Put the name on the car for spite.

Later, had some good cars and then another that seemed to find every reason it could to spew parts. Named it goinbroke2.

Still got that.....car, in the garage waiting for my anger to subside some year. Lol.
Yup, it ain't about cubic inches, it's about cubic dollars. Don't race anymore myself.
Whoa now, hold on there, lets not talk crazy! Don't race anymore...why that's, that's, sacrilege!

Mama is fed (well :shock: ) got a good roof over the families head and the bills are paid...ain't no way in hell I'm giving up racing!
That's why I bracket race instead of heads up, just gotta know your limitations. :wink:

I imagine they'll pry my lifeless body out of a wadded up racecar one day, but that'll be doing what I want.

Could have a name like "Safety Man" and die when I'm 101 having never done anything in life.... &^%$ THAT!
Well, I raced "Giant Scale" radio controlled airplanes for 10 yrs. They cost between $10K and $20K each. More than once they lasted one flight. A midair wasn't kind to them either. While I did win the world championship one year, it was expensive. Now I make booze as a hobby. To each their own.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Fella told a yarn at the gold exchange here, he was driving down a gravel road bit north of here swerved to miss a roo and skidded off the road. So he walks around the car and in the skids finds a couple of nuggets the size of his thumb. Random? fate? or did he just need a back story for having that amount of gold?
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

RedwoodHillBilly wrote:
goinbroke2 wrote:
RedwoodHillBilly wrote:

Well, I raced "Giant Scale" radio controlled airplanes for 10 yrs. They cost between $10K and $20K each. More than once they lasted one flight. A midair wasn't kind to them either. While I did win the world championship one year, it was expensive. Now I make booze as a hobby. To each their own.
Cheaper than racing and just as rewarding in a different way ; ..... ain't it .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
RedwoodHillBilly

Post by RedwoodHillBilly »

Damn straight.
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

I just got to know all of you guys better through this thread. The dirty names are clean, and some of the clean names are dirty!

fizzix is from my love of physics and complete ineptitude of it.
I had a Nigerian teacher in college, and it took about 2 weeks to understand his heavy accent.
But he was a man who truly understood calculus and "fee-zeex", and allowed my monkey brain to grasp some fundamentals.
Forever indebted to him.
still_stirrin
Master of Distillation
Location: where the buffalo roam, and the deer & antelope play

Post by still_stirrin »

fizzix wrote:...fizzix is from my love of physics and complete ineptitude of it.
I had a Nigerian teacher in college, and it took about 2 weeks to understand his heavy accent. But he was a man who truly understood calculus and "fee-zeex", and allowed my monkey brain to grasp some fundamentals...Forever indebted to him.
I had an “engineering analysis” teacher just like that, only he was from Turkey. Thick accent...but extremely smart. And a very fast paced teacher. Other students would “drop like flies” from his classes. But, if you could manage to stick with it, you’d walk away with the knowledge. I learned to work closely with him and he became one of my mentors.
ss
My LM/VM & Potstill: My build thread
My Cadco hotplate modification thread: Hotplate Build
My stock pot gin still: stock pot potstill
My 5-grain Bourbon recipe: Special K
firewater69
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by firewater69 »

I grew up hearing whiskey referred to as firewater and I was born in 69
Moonshine.... American as apple pie & it's part of our heritage, history & culture.
Chip N Dale
Novice

Post by Chip N Dale »

I'm Dale and my partner-in-crime is, my brother-in-law, Chip
MaxMondo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MaxMondo »

Mondo, from Webster dictionary... Definition of mondo

slang
: extremely
A slang term used alot back in the 60's and 70's, used to describe somthing extreme or radical... The Bandit's Firebird was Mondo... MaxMondo = maximum extreme...
My avitar is a Sugar Skull, As I do all sugar washes...
Kareltje
Distiller

Post by Kareltje »

still_stirrin wrote:
fizzix wrote:...fizzix is from my love of physics and complete ineptitude of it.
I had a Nigerian teacher in college, and it took about 2 weeks to understand his heavy accent. But he was a man who truly understood calculus and "fee-zeex", and allowed my monkey brain to grasp some fundamentals...Forever indebted to him.
I had an “engineering analysis” teacher just like that, only he was from Turkey. Thick accent...but extremely smart. And a very fast paced teacher. Other students would “drop like flies” from his classes. But, if you could manage to stick with it, you’d walk away with the knowledge. I learned to work closely with him and he became one of my mentors.
ss
This are two stories I very much love. :clap: For more than one reason! :thumbup:
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

I've been thinking about this for 20 minutes lookin at my screen and for the life of me can't remember why I chose that name.

10 minutes later still blank...

Who knows but I like it and it suits me just fine.
cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

there is a lot of history here including mine. http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... &hilit=COB
be water my friend
JLP IV
Bootlegger

Post by JLP IV »

Well my name's John Lee Pettimore
The 4th :wave:
Prairiepiss wrote: Good thing we aren't bound by rules. And we can make it however we want. With whatever we want. As long as we don't talk to much about it in the open.
DAD300 wrote: And...ferment more and more often, always have something ready to distill.
Danespirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Danespirit »

Well, I'm from Denmark...so a Dane. My spirits are produced "in a good spirit"( and thanks to you guys in here they are actually worth drinking).
Playing around with the words, Danespirit it was :D
I love to read about how you created your handles..it tells something about the guy behind that name.
frunobulax
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by frunobulax »

Frunobulax is a monster poodle dog, from the song Cheapnis, by Frank Zappa.
Scorpster
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Scorpster »

My computer login has been Scorp since '82 logging into BBS's around the world at 300 baud. But it was taken when I registered on Napster. Stuck because it was easy and unique enough (not quite so much now).
MaxMondo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MaxMondo »

Scorpster wrote:My computer login has been Scorp since '82 logging into BBS's around the world at 300 baud. But it was taken when I registered on Napster. Stuck because it was easy and unique enough (not quite so much now).
I've upgraded to 2400bd now, it's a lot faster. I can download a 1meg file overnight... :roll: