Just found: The Pico Still

Fittings, parrots, packing, tooling and so on.

Moderator: Site Moderator

BoomTown
Site Donor
Site Donor

Just found: The Pico Still

Post by BoomTown »

Anyone know anything about these?

https://www.picobrew.com/Store/products ... ill.cshtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
“…Let’s do this one more time....”
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Just found: The Pico Still

Post by fizzix »

That apparently raised some ire a while back: http://w.homedistiller.org/forum/viewto ... =1&t=66208
BoomTown
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BoomTown »

fizzix wrote:That apparently raised some ire a while back: http://w.homedistiller.org/forum/viewto ... =1&t=66208
can't get this link to show, something about timelines is choking it out. What are my options?
“…Let’s do this one more time....”
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

Dunno. The link works for me. Do a HD Google Search for pico ...it should pop up.

Plastic seems to be the biggest complaint. Also see they're touting temperature control as a feature.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Link works but as mentioned on the other thread a 5 liter still barely produces a product and making cuts would be very difficult. For what you are getting the price is also very high.
Kareltje
Distiller

Post by Kareltje »

On the German forum there is a page for products: http://www.schnapsbrennen.at/prodbeschreibung.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

I see no prices, but these are in the same range as the pico-still.
I have seen another dealer, with small stills formed like the Portuguese and Spanish alquitar.
And searching for such a still I found https://www.copper-alembic.com/en/tradi ... ler-stills" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

So there must be a market for them, and I guess not only for decoration.
cede
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by cede »

Oh yes, saw that time ago.
Might be for nerds :)
It might be fun at some point, but I do not like this.

Picobrew and all those compact breweries driven by arduinos makes me feel disillusioned if that's the good word.
About 10 years ago we were building an automated 10 gal brewery just to have fun, but what's the fun in a hobby when you do not have to do anything anymore but watch the process ? None.
So back to more old fashioned brewery. I just kept a Herms module that recirculate the wort in a coil plunged in a small water bath unit and the thing is driven by a micro controller board. It only set the water bath temp based on the temp needed in the mash tun :)
rubber duck
retired

Post by rubber duck »

well I'm working with my therapist to come up with nice things to say about people.

It's a very nice web site.

I would very much like to go on all day about the anger I have for opportunist shit birds taking advantage of folks health and safety to make a dollar.

My therapist and i have agreed that run on sentences will no longer be tolerated. But like screw her she isn't in hd.
Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen. John Steinbeck
cede
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by cede »

Rubber Duck : I agreed long time ago with my therapist to yell in my head and transform anger to muscular power :)
I moderate myself on what I write about some things because without any filter it would be badly hurting sensible eyes and I do not have time to spend on shitty things.
Bad emotions are bad for the soul.... or something like that :lol:
Cu29er
Bootlegger

Post by Cu29er »

That one focuses on the worm part (which non-distillers think is important) rather than the column where all the action takes place.

still_stirrin
Master of Distillation
Location: where the buffalo roam, and the deer & antelope play

Post by still_stirrin »

rubber duck wrote:well I'm working with my therapist...et.al...
RD, that is just priceless!

I owe you a drink for that one.
ss
My LM/VM & Potstill: My build thread
My Cadco hotplate modification thread: Hotplate Build
My stock pot gin still: stock pot potstill
My 5-grain Bourbon recipe: Special K
raketemensch
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by raketemensch »

The fun in Arduinos and raspberry pis is making machines do work for you. I only use a pi for monitoring and alerting me about temperature, but I’m also working on an automated BOP for mashing corn. It’s an arduous, PITA process to me, so having something controlling the temp and alerting me when to add enzymes would be awesome.
cede
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by cede »

With arduinos and raspberrys or others, it's easier now to build something fast and program it even without a line of code.
I played a bit with them but most of the time I work with other micro controllers.