S3:18 - Suburbia Edition

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
dukethebeagle120
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: S3:18 - Suburbia Edition

Post by dukethebeagle120 »

Shine0n wrote:Any other details available panikry?
Set in stone that you'll host or has anything changed?
With canadian maple syrup eh shine
Duke
its better to think like a fool but keep your mouth shut,then to open ur mouth and have it confirmed
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

Can it be time yet?
panikry83
Swill Maker

Post by panikry83 »

Everything is a go for September 21st -23rd. Location details to follow as get closer via e-mail. If you wanna be part of the fun send me a PM I've been saving the names of those I know ate attending in my message box
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

Looking good, getting closer and I'm ready :thumbup:
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BayouShine »

I might have a chance to put something in the barrel this weekend. I've never been so busy at this time of year. This whole work thing is gettin in the way of some quality stillin time.

I'm still a go for this trip, though!
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

I've been itching to get back in the shed, if only I could get spring to arrive.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Seems like a common problem . I got 96 gallons of COB mash that needs attention and life keeps getting in the way .
If white dog is all I got to bring to the party , then white dog is what it is .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BayouShine »

I have the spirit run underway tonight. I should have this barreled up by the end of the weekend. That'll give me one new bottle for the party at least. I still plan on bringing some stuff that didn't make last year's gathering.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

BayouShine wrote:I have the spirit run underway tonight. I should have this barreled up by the end of the weekend. That'll give me one new bottle for the party at least. I still plan on bringing some stuff that didn't make last year's gathering.
These gatherings keep getting better and better .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
panikry83
Swill Maker

Post by panikry83 »

TB, I had a dream the other night that you and the missus pulled up to my clinic with your pet chameleon (WTF?). You looked every bit of the cowboy that you did in your pic you gave us at S3:16 and J was dressed up as a badass biker chick. You were driving a big, black, tricked out 18 wheeler and, after we fixed up the reptile, well we started stillin' some UJ right there in the examination room. LOL! I swear I'm not drinking nearly as much as I used to lately so, I dunno what that dream was about but it sure was funny.

I can't wait to see all you guys (and gals, maybe - who knows) again.
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

Doing a run of some rum today and hope it can make the trip, it smells great and we'll see what the heat of summer can do for some aging. I'm bringing some white anyway and maybe just maybe the aged will be right for the trip.

I have a few others that will be there!
panikry83
Swill Maker

Post by panikry83 »

Shine0n wrote:Doing a run of some rum today and hope it can make the trip, it smells great and we'll see what the heat of summer can do for some aging. I'm bringing some white anyway and maybe just maybe the aged will be right for the trip.

I have a few others that will be there!
I've been following your rum thread, I'd love to get a taste of that recipe. Hope you can make it.

I'm getting my rum ready for the summer. I made it last July and the run was good but, the distillate had a very heavy beefy taste/smell to it. I dropped in onto oak and left it alone. SCD and I gave it a try a few week ago and it still was unpleasant. I uncapped it this morning and brought it down into the house where its warmer with a coffee filter on top to air out. Just over the last few hours its already smelling much better. Heres to hoping it cleans up nicely.
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

I kept it with very tight cuts in hopes the single run will keep enough funk, no tails as far as I can tell, just clean rum hearts with some strong flavors.

I'm hoping that the oak will work it's magic in 6 months, with the heat of summer it should be good, I'll on occasion drop it in the freezer then back into the heat.

I might take a quart and nuke age some, then with the extra time it should come around.
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

Don't taint it with nuking it. Just let time and oak do it. Impatience will bring you less rewards than giving your best product possible, the right way.
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

Or don’t taint it with oak! I like my rums crystal clear.
But I do have some rum I’ve aged on some exotic cachaca woods like amburana and canary, I’ll bring some with me.
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Oh, screw that. I am currently sipping my rum for this year . I am not supposed to get into it until summer, but omg, I had to pull a pint out. It has been up there since last June, on twice used oak ( never use fresh oak! ), and first year with infected dunder. I have so much citrus and pineapple in it. And the perfect amount of oak.

I am scared that the 2 gallons at 60% ain't gonna make it :shock:

Edit: I love white rum, and keep half of mine so...but I see nothing wrong with oaked rum :). And happen to be molesting some very, very good oaked rum now :)
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BayouShine »

Looks like I'll have 6 bottles coming with me for sure, maybe more.

Smoked Corn Whiskey
Oaked Booners
Vodka
Amaretto
My Coffee Bay Whiskey
My twist on HBB

I might bring some others that made it to Butch's party too.
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

BayouShine wrote:Looks like I'll have 6 bottles coming with me for sure, maybe more.

Smoked Corn Whiskey
Oaked Booners
Vodka
Amaretto
My Coffee Bay Whiskey
My twist on HBB

I might bring some others that made it to Butch's party too.
Better bring 2 bottles of Amaretto. I aint taking single malt home this time.
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BayouShine »

ShineonCrazyDiamond wrote: Better bring 2 bottles of Amaretto. I aint taking single malt home this time.
I'll bring everything the recipe makes. Can't remember if its more that 1 bottle or not.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

panikry83 wrote:TB, I had a dream the other night that you and the missus pulled up to my clinic with your pet chameleon (WTF?). You looked every bit of the cowboy that you did in your pic you gave us at S3:16 and J was dressed up as a badass biker chick. You were driving a big, black, tricked out 18 wheeler and, after we fixed up the reptile, well we started stillin' some UJ right there in the examination room. LOL! I swear I'm not drinking nearly as much as I used to lately so, I dunno what that dream was about but it sure was funny.

I can't wait to see all you guys (and gals, maybe - who knows) again.
You was channeling , my friend . Crossing dimensions in the ether world . You got a glimpse of that biker bitch and that crazy cowboy before we got under the same roof and I fed her up a bit .
We are still enjoying one hell of a run . Yea, Buddy !
Do you have parking room for the 25' motor home we are picking up in MD later this week or do we need to plan on parking off site ?
So much going on here with the estate settlement , dealing with energy companies , and our own health issues that white dog may be all we get to bring .
That , and some of our killer baked beans .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

BayouShine wrote:
ShineonCrazyDiamond wrote: Better bring 2 bottles of Amaretto. I aint taking single malt home this time.
I'll bring everything the recipe makes. Can't remember if its more that 1 bottle or not.
DOO , DOO , DAMN ! Sounds like we got us a PAAARTAY ! SOH and I are rolling out in about 4 hrs to get our diesel powered motor home . Jed , S318 , and a fishin trip are the prime trips for this year .
Lord willin and the creek don't rise .
panikry83
Swill Maker

Post by panikry83 »

Truckinbutch wrote: Do you have parking room for the 25' motor home we are picking up in MD later this week or do we need to plan on parking off site ?
I'll have a look at it when you get to Jed's (I'm gonna try and stop down). I might. If not, I'll see what I can do.
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

You could just take over neighboring property through merciless siege warfare to expand your available land.
distiller_dresden
Trainee

Post by distiller_dresden »

Found this thread here... New around these parts, have interacted with some of y'all. Wondering if I might be able to attend as September is my best season, and I should have some good shines ready by then having been going for 9 months. Any possibility I could attend with my shine partner, my pops, and bring along some of my (still developing at the moment) cornflake/corn shine and my fruity ester rum (also developing - but I'm getting some BadMo barrels in a couple weeks!!)?

Chances are I will have a lot of freaking shine because while I only have a 5 gal pot still, I don't drink a lot and I don't give it out. I'm just developing this library of jars and bottles already... But anyways, I'm in Fort Wayne and PA would be pretty easy, we would definitely be a hotel guest though.
I read, I write, I still.
The must interstitial man no Earth.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
panikry83
Swill Maker

Post by panikry83 »

DSM Loki wrote:You could just take over neighboring property through merciless siege warfare to expand your available land.
Manifest Destiny I like it
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

panikry83 wrote:
Truckinbutch wrote: Do you have parking room for the 25' motor home we are picking up in MD later this week or do we need to plan on parking off site ?
I'll have a look at it when you get to Jed's (I'm gonna try and stop down). I might. If not, I'll see what I can do.
I'ma tella you ; if you and your 'Bobsey Twin' partner show up at Jeds and get me and my partner so drunk that our hog meat rots there will be no need to survey parking room at your place .
SOH just ain't gonna let me attend . Keep that in mind .
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

You bitching about getting bitched at for drinking, even before that jar has been filled, let alone emptied. :shock:

Don't you worry, my hog is hanging next to yours. We both got to be right.
panikry83
Swill Maker

Post by panikry83 »

I don't want nothin to do with anyone else's hogs - I'm just there for the fun.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Lord , I've tried to live a good life in the last few years . Give me strength and a strong liver to endure this test . :moresarcasm:
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

Tb, send some here and I'll be the lab rat for ya :thumbup: