PROOF in Seattle

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
oakgriff
Novice

PROOF in Seattle

Post by oakgriff »

Hey all, I was wondering if any of you were planning to go to Proof this year in Seattle. I'd love to be able to meet up with some of my fellow (home)distillers, especially at such an event (that eases the paranoia). I know HD has quite a few PNWers, does anyone have tickets yet? :D
Euphoria
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: PROOF in Seattle

Post by Euphoria »

Sadly, we won't be able to make it this year due to previous commitments. :(
"Government doesn't have the answer to the problem, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan
OtisT
Master of Distillation

Post by OtisT »

PROOF is on July 7th this year. I may not be able to make it because I typically raft/camp the week of July 4th, but if I am not on the river I will be at PROOF.

I went for the first time last year. I had a great time at the event and meeting some HD folks too.

Otis
Otis’ Pot and Thumper, Dimroth Condenser: Pot-n-Thumper/Dimroth
Learning to Toast: Toasting Wood
Polishing Spirits with Fruitwood: Fruitwood
Badmotivator’s Barrels: Badmo Barrels
oakgriff
Novice

Post by oakgriff »

Well shoot. I'm sure I'll be there regardless. Is there some secret wave we do to recognize other HD members? Or maybe we all wear pink hats? :lol: I'd hate to miss a chance to garner some wisdom from a fellow HDer.
amdamgraham
Bootlegger

Post by amdamgraham »

I don't think a secret handshake :shh: or a pink carnation will be necessary :moresarcasm: because the new start-up distilleries in the room are basically home distillers. I went a few years ago and some of the smaller operations fit that description. Many of those I met are also no longer in business. Taste their products and you will have a pretty good idea of who is going to make it and who isn't. Anyway, it's a worthwhile event to attend and talk with the little ones. I will likely skip the big name (Westland et al) tables. When I went they also sold bottles of all the products but without the Washington State tax applied - which I'm not sure how they did that - maybe a banquet license gets them out of the retail sales requirement (If that's the case I bet WA State has since closed that loophole :thumbdown: - we'll see :D ).
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Tentative camping/boating trip in the San Juan's with our adult kids. Will know more later.
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

I got the email the other day and would really like to go again but sadly once again can't get off work. My summer vacation ends July 4th and I can't get off work that day or the day after :(
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

Sadly I'll be over seas during that time frame, anyone want to meet up for a drink in Paris?

OVZ
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

oakgriff wrote: I know HD has quite a few PNWers, does anyone have tickets yet? :D
If you do go I highly recommend spending the few extra bucks for the VIP ticket, having an hour before the gumbies show up was worth it to me.

OVZ
oakgriff
Novice

Post by oakgriff »

Good tip OVZ. I'll see if I can swing the extra cash.