Facebook Page

Discussion and plans for legalizing our hobby.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Durace11
Distiller

Re: Facebook Page

Post by Durace11 »

I'm with Mr. Piss, last thing I want to do is announce to all my FB friends that I "Like" home distilling. That's breaking the basic rule of Don't tell! My friends already know I homebrew so them learning that I distill would just be opening a can of worms I don't want to open. I like it but I don't "Like" it.
Current Evolution:
MrDistiller > 2" potstill > copper 4" perf 4 plate flute

"I seal the lid with Silly Putty, that's OK ain't it ?"
~ kekedog13

"Attach a vibrator to it and hang it upside down. Let it work"
~Mr. P
chris_adams
Novice

Post by chris_adams »

rad14701 wrote:One thing that I'm going to toss out there is that it is probably far easier for at least the US government to sniff its way back to you through Facebook than through just about any other means... Take that as you like but I've made but one visit there and that will be my last, at least for now... In short, don't get lured in by the piss-poor hype... :think:
True. The page won't work its purpose. :econfused:
"Pot stills are great, they're perfect for my whiskey!"
Chris, still a rookie :)
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

Checked on some Facebook distilling pages to see what the rest of the world is doing.

Chinese compact stills
Turbo yeast galore
Silicone tubing
Way undersized thumpers
Glass thumpers
Plastic, plastic, plastic
Drinking 160+ proof and bragging about it
Stuck, over-sugared washes
Milk jugs
Cloudy products
Real names and faces!

Yikes. Enough internetting there for today.
Copperhead road
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Copperhead road »

I am lucky to navigate myself around the forum, as for Facebook it’s more of a girls thing IMO. in Australia here every second girl sitting on a bus feels the urge to tell the world that’s what she’s doing via Facebook. :lolno:

Will you ever see me with a Facebook Account......definitely NOT!
Never mistake kindness for weakness....
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

Right on, Copperhead Road.

Geoff
The Baker
Pikey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pikey »

They tell me you can use fake name etc - Sometimes I'd like to have a look on there but haven't as yet.
fizzix wrote:Checked on some Facebook distilling pages to see what the rest of the world is doing.

Chinese compact stills
Turbo yeast galore
Silicone tubing
Way undersized thumpers
Glass thumpers
Milk jugs
Cloudy products
Real names and faces!

I sometimes wonder where all this dumbing down of the populus is going to end ?

I'm finding it very hard to get spares for my vcr / dvd recorder now and I really don't want to lose the capacity to actually record stuff - I've virtually given up trying to put new belts on my cassette recorder.

I'm in the building trade and I'm not allowed to drive a dumper, or even "roller" now - cos I won't pay for "Training" and bearing in mind I used to operate a JCB or a "20 tonner" (Track machine digger) when the need arose (It wasn't my main job) I find the whole thing very frustrating.

The lack of knowledge which is being passed on as "Books" just become advertising media to drag people into "Websites" where there are people of little real knowledge passing on "Received wisdom" they have stolen from other sources and "dumbed down" themselves !

I used to do "Gardening" as a hobby and nowadays it is very difficult to even get the knowledge as to how to make an effective compost heap ! - nobody knows any more !

We are lucky to have this place - but forums are dying off too - it seems they use too much "attention span"

Ok sorry for ranting

"TweetMeHappy" :wink:
Antler24
Trainee

Post by Antler24 »

fizzix wrote:Checked on some Facebook distilling pages to see what the rest of the world is doing.

Chinese compact stills
Turbo yeast galore
Silicone tubing
Way undersized thumpers
Glass thumpers
Milk jugs
Cloudy products
Real names and faces!

It's sickening. I'm on one Facebook group and try to preach the rules we live by, offer good advice to those learning but I just get chased off by the guys who yell "my family been doin it for 100yrs any other way is garbage" or " if you heat your still fast you push water into your shine" or "any more than 1/2cup yeast will ruin your flavour " (talking about ujsm, mind you) or " if you let your boiler temp go above 180 your watering down the liquor" or, my best to date "if you can't drink it straight up at 160 proof you making shitty shine".
I try my best to educate the newbies with everything I've learned on this forum, and point most of them to join here, but most of them take the side of the stubborn because they are saying what they want to hear, turbo yeast 20% ABV washes and little or no cuts for best yield. It breaks my heart to be honest.
Swedish Pride wrote:
get a brix reading on said ball bearings and then you can find out how much fermentables are in there
butterpants
Swill Maker

Post by butterpants »

FB is festering turd of humanity
Antler24
Trainee

Post by Antler24 »

Like this guy:

"How fast are you bringing it up to 174*f? Because too fast will boil even if it aint up to temp yet pusing the nastys to the top"

:wtf: Really dude?
Swedish Pride wrote:
get a brix reading on said ball bearings and then you can find out how much fermentables are in there
CROW-EATER
Novice

Post by CROW-EATER »

Liking, sharing and creating pages on Facebook about illegal activities is a great way to produce a shopping list of criminals for the local constabulary to sift through on a rainy day.

Personally I no longer use Facebook because it's mediated by left wing loonies who only believe in free speech when they agree with what they're reading and and it gives so many idiots a megaphone to trumpet their retarded thoughts.

As an example of their one eyed, pidgin toed, soy late sipping, looney leftard ways, they've been making moves to make it a "gun free" site by shutting down hunting and firearms pages.
Facebook is a place where you can call Donald Trump a "black hating natzi" without any consequences but be put in Facebook jail for mentioning the words "muslim" and "terrorists" in the same sentence.
Facebook quite likes pictures of little boys dressed as little girls and everyone's all "#freedom #selfexpression #givemeabuckettospewinto, and yet Facebooks quick to delete that picture of you and your rifle posing with a deer that you shot to put meat in the freezer because SOMEBODY GOT OFFENDED !!

The police force LOVE Facebook, people seem to think that it's some kind of law free wonderland where anything goes and they'll post almost anything there under their own name with most of their details attached to the account and with one click up pops all their friends and associates.

Screw Facebook, I don't like double standards and it cuts into valuable stilling time.

I think everyone needs to watch this video
https://youtu.be/-bQ7R1lWiF8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
I'd rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
piddler
Novice

Post by piddler »

:thumbup:
“Nothing in life is free,, and if you think it is,, the price your likely to pay in the future is gonna be overwhelming”
der wo
Master of Distillation

Post by der wo »

CROW-EATER wrote:..Personally I no longer use Facebook because it's mediated by left wing loonies who only believe in free speech when they agree with what they're reading...
...to make it a "gun free" site by shutting down hunting and firearms pages.
Facebook is a place where you can call Donald Trump a "black hating natzi" without any consequences but be put in Facebook jail for mentioning the words "muslim" and "terrorists" in the same sentence.
Facebook quite likes pictures of little boys dressed as little girls and everyone's all "#freedom #selfexpression #givemeabuckettospewinto, and yet Facebooks quick to delete that picture of you and your rifle posing with a deer that you shot to put meat in the freezer because SOMEBODY GOT OFFENDED !!

Screw Facebook, I don't like double standards and it cuts into valuable stilling time.

I think everyone needs to watch this video
https://youtu.be/-bQ7R1lWiF8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Political Posting.
Also hd shouldn't have double Standards.
In this way, imperialism brings catastrophe as a mode of existence back from the periphery of capitalist development to its point of departure. - Rosa Luxemburg
aircarbonarc
Swill Maker

Post by aircarbonarc »

Chinese compact stills
Turbo yeast galore
Silicone tubing
Way undersized thumpers
Glass thumpers
Milk jugs
Cloudy products
Real names and faces!

I prefer to distance myself from that
long live Oldsmobile Aleros
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

This topic has ran its course.
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper