GoFundMe for my parents who lost everything in the Camp Fire

Moderator: Site Moderator

Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

GoFundMe for my parents who lost everything in the Camp Fire

Post by Uncle Jesse »

Hiya,

SCD was kind enough to post this in the thread many of you have read, but I'm going to post it to a wider audience.

As many of you know, my parents lost everything in the camp fire in Paradise, CA. We've started a fundraiser for our family... sort of. Actually, we are raising money to buy Christmas gifts for the kids on "The Ridge" who lost everything, So check it out if you are so inclined. I am going to purchase gift cards and my mom will hand them out personally.

https://www.gofundme.com/gifts-for-camp ... ld-victims
If only the best birds sang, the woods would be silent.
Honest_Liberty
Rumrunner

Re: GoFundMe for my parents who lost everything in the Camp

Post by Honest_Liberty »

Can I mail some thomas the train Trackmaster sets? Everything is there they just don't have the box. I have two really fun ones a young kid would enjoy. My son loves them but this will be a good teaching opportunity and I haven't done charity in a long time.
Sweetfeed 100 proof for drinking white
All grain bourbon for testing my patience
Whatever else is left goes to the Homefree, because, I hate waste
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Jesse »

Honest_Liberty wrote:Can I mail some thomas the train Trackmaster sets? Everything is there they just don't have the box. I have two really fun ones a young kid would enjoy. My son loves them but this will be a good teaching opportunity and I haven't done charity in a long time.

Sent you a pm!
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Jesse »

Thanks so much to all of you who have contributed. I've done my best to send personal thanks via gofundme, but here is a public THANK YOU from me and from my family.

We just don't have the words to express our gratitude for helping us bring some joy to the kids on the Ridge this Christmas and holiday season.
BlackStrap
Swill Maker

Post by BlackStrap »

How much did you raise U Jesse?
Most questions can be answered here http://homedistiller.org/ and here http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=46

The one who cuts the firewood gets twice the warmth
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

Uncle Jesse
Is there any sort of community xmas dinner? If so i have a home cured ham i would be able to send to help out.
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Jesse »

Ok folks, I don't know about the dinner idea for the ham, but I'll ask my mom. She is well connected up there.

After fees we raised $2,308.00 and some change! Tonight I went to Target and purchased 92 gift cards at $25.00 each.

Mom and my cousin are making gift bags, and we will put a card into each bag. Then mom and I are going to the Butte County Fairground and we will pass these out to kids who have lost it all. I can't really express how much it means to my family to be able to put some smiles on the faces of kids who lost everything. We like the gift card idea because it will make the trip to Target a bit of a family outing as well. Mom knows several families with more than one kid and the stories are just heartbreaking.

Thanks again to all of you who supported us. It means a lot, in ways I can't really express.
Attachments
92 gift cards for kids on the Ridge!
92 gift cards for kids on the Ridge!
nikdanger
Novice

Re: GoFundMe for my parents who lost everything in the Camp Fire

Post by nikdanger »

hey uncle jesse, I just signed up and saw this post. thank you so much for this-- I am from Magalia (above paradise) on the fire line. everything across the street from me and westward is gone. I hope your parents are okay and rebuilding is going well if that's what they chose to do. distilling content: I had distilled some rum the day before the fire and hadn't cleaned up afterwards. it was 6 weeks before they let us back in the house.... lol
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Re: GoFundMe for my parents who lost everything in the Camp Fire

Post by Uncle Jesse »

nikdanger wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:14 pm hey uncle jesse, I just signed up and saw this post. thank you so much for this-- I am from Magalia (above paradise) on the fire line. everything across the street from me and westward is gone. I hope your parents are okay and rebuilding is going well if that's what they chose to do. distilling content: I had distilled some rum the day before the fire and hadn't cleaned up afterwards. it was 6 weeks before they let us back in the house.... lol
I lived in Magalia for years. Moved out in 2009 or so. I've seen the devastation and it's horrible.

My parents chose not to rebuild. They are too elderly for it. They were way up near the top of Pentz.