Aliexpress/Distillarus store?

Research sources, reviews and links to information relating to distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

The Booze Pipe
Swill Maker

Aliexpress/Distillarus store?

Post by The Booze Pipe »

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/166102 ... _2609377.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Is anyone familiar with these guys? They have some good stuff that I'm considering buying. Just curious if anyone has.
13.5g/50L keg boiler
copper pot still
modular 3" CCVM copper&stainless w/offset gin head
Chauncey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Aliexpress/Distillarus store?

Post by Chauncey »

Use the HD Google search brother

Or throw this Your Google search box

site:http://homedistiller.org/forum distillarus
<no stopping to corner anytime [] no parking passenger zone>

When people tell me I'll regret that in the morning, I sleep till noon.
tuner
Novice

Post by tuner »

Very good to work with!
kimbodious
Distiller

Post by kimbodious »

--
50L Beer keg boiler, 2200W element
Modular 2" Pot Still
opinions are free and everybody has them, experience costs you time
The Booze Pipe
Swill Maker

Post by The Booze Pipe »

Allmyexsliveinhell wrote:Use the HD Google search brother

Or throw this Your Google search box

site:http://homedistiller.org/forum distillarus
Of course, why didn't I think of that!
13.5g/50L keg boiler
copper pot still
brat
Bootlegger

Post by brat »

Ive boughten from them in the past pretty solid stuff good price too.
Biff Henderson
Novice

Post by Biff Henderson »

I have bought from them twice. They were at least half the price of anywhere else I shopped. Course, the product is coming from China, so the shipping time was promised to be between 19-39 days.
"Moonshine? Hell naw officer, we makin hand sanitizer"
The Booze Pipe
Swill Maker

Post by The Booze Pipe »

I just got my parts from Distillarus! It took about two weeks to get here. Everything almost looks good. I'm missing one part I ordered (but its not critical) and the four inch sani clamps are kind of cheap, light weight, but they work just fine. overall I'm happy, especially for the price!
13.5g/50L keg boiler
copper pot still
rubelstrudel
Rumrunner

Post by rubelstrudel »

The distillarius store at AliExpress is my go to place for parts. Always a pleasure dealing with them.
Always impatient. But learning.
MtRainier
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MtRainier »

I got a 4" carter head from them to check it out. There are some things about it that aren't as nice as the one from Still Dragon, but it's similar.
jimmayhugh
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jimmayhugh »

I got this 2" OD64mm Dephlegmator from them, and am very impressed with the build and quality!
Last edited by jimmayhugh on Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
still_stirrin
Master of Distillation
Location: where the buffalo roam, and the deer & antelope play

Post by still_stirrin »

jimmayhugh wrote:I got this 2" OD64mm Dephlegmator from them, and am very impressed with the build and quality!
Dead link. Ooooops!
ss
My LM/VM & Potstill: My build thread
My Cadco hotplate modification thread: Hotplate Build
My stock pot gin still: stock pot potstill
My 5-grain Bourbon recipe: Special K
jimmayhugh
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jimmayhugh »

still_stirrin wrote:
jimmayhugh wrote:I got this 2" OD64mm Dephlegmator from them, and am very impressed with the build and quality!
Dead link. Ooooops!
ss
Fixed it...
rubelstrudel
Rumrunner

Post by rubelstrudel »

Oh, I bought the same one. Couldn't help myself when it showed up. Really neat.
Haven't tried it yet since I have not refluxed anything for many moons now and the shotgun is better for potstill.
Always impatient. But learning.
Irishgnome
Swill Maker

Post by Irishgnome »

I’m about to purchase a still from DISTILLARUS on Alibaba.com.
Did anyone pay extra customs fees once this arrived in the US?
I just want to make sure that I take everything into account when I purchase the still.
The still itself is over $1,000.00, so I don’t want to get too crazy on add-ons if I’m going to have additional fees before I get the still.

Also, they said that the customs paperwork will state that its "plumbing fittings" and "pipes". Was that true for others?

Thanks all!

Cheers
Irish
"There is something about yourself that you don't know. Something that you will deny even exists until it's too late to do anything about it."
MtRainier
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MtRainier »

I haven't bought a full still from them, but on the parts from them I've gotten it was indeed listed as fittings on the form. I didn't get any extra paperwork or fees when buying from them, but I didn't spend near that amount, just a couple hundred on the carter head.
Chauncey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Chauncey »

I have experience with Distellex not distillarus and I am very happy with the product. as for the extra paperwork or fees I cant tell you, my column came in a 22kg package in 8 days from china, no extra fees im aware of.
<no stopping to corner anytime [] no parking passenger zone>

When people tell me I'll regret that in the morning, I sleep till noon.
Avo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Avo »

The Booze Pipe wrote:https://www.aliexpress.com/store/166102 ... _2609377.0
Is anyone familiar with these guys? They have some good stuff that I'm considering buying. Just curious if anyone has.
I have ordered quite a bit from them - delivery 2/3 weeks to Europe, but everything is tracked, I have never had anything go missing. Very efficient set-up
Irishgnome
Swill Maker

Post by Irishgnome »

Thanks for all the input gents!

Looks like I’m going to place the order. I’ll let you know if any issues come up.

Also, I meant AliExpress.com, not Alibaba.com.

Cheers
Irish
"There is something about yourself that you don't know. Something that you will deny even exists until it's too late to do anything about it."
zapata
Distiller

Post by zapata »

Irishgnome, not sure where you are, but if US, there is a $800/day exclusion from tariffs. Customs may or may not stop any given package, and may or may not check its value. But I think we still have a 25% tarrif, so if possible I would split it up into 2 orders. The way some of their pricing and packaging works, that might be easy, or it could cost more than you save.
kpex72
Novice

Post by kpex72 »

zapata wrote:Irishgnome, not sure where you are, but if US, there is a $800/day exclusion from tariffs. Customs may or may not stop any given package, and may or may not check its value. But I think we still have a 25% tarrif, so if possible I would split it up into 2 orders. The way some of their pricing and packaging works, that might be easy, or it could cost more than you save.
Zapata is 100% correct - 25% still there. Thanks Trump it was 3%! I use Distillarus and a few other brewing companies on Aliexpress. If you are making a big order, add the contents to your cart, purchase but don't pay. It will show in you account as awaiting payment. Contact the seller (they can now see your order) and request any of the following: ship in separate orders to keep value down, lower the declared value (they do this 99% of the time anyway), if ordering a complete setup, confirm how it will be declared. They know anything over $800 to the USA is taxed and to ship distillation equipment as water filters or stainless steel pipe fittings. The vendors will work with you, and lets just say they will do what the customer askes...….just to make the sale. If a bunch of small parts - ask them to combine shipping.

Pro-tip. When adding small parts that are cheap but have an individual shipping fee; like PTFE gaskets or tri-clamps, etc, Don't add the quantity to your cart - just add one. Then view your cart and then select (+) more. Many times the shipping will remain the same as if it were one item.

Just communicate. E-Packs from China take ~3 weeks, so be patient.
Irishgnome
Swill Maker

Post by Irishgnome »

I'm in the US.
Thanks for the input guys!

Cheers
Sunshineer
Swill Maker

Post by Sunshineer »

Yes thank you Mr President, China has been ripping us off for year's thanks to Slick Willie (I NEVER HAD SEX WITH THAT WOMAN) Clinton so pay your fee's and help
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.
zapata
Distiller

Post by zapata »

Lol, sunshiner, I look forward to patronizing your American based economically competitive stainless steel manufacturing plant. In the meantime you might want to take an econ course or three. China hasn't paid a cent in tariffs, 100% has been paid by US consumers. Ask Mt. Ranier who paid the tariff on his still. Spoiler alert, it wasn't China.
Sunshineer
Swill Maker

Post by Sunshineer »

I know who paid the tariffs what I'm saying is that China has been ripping us off for years maybe you should do a little reading yourself President Trump is trying to level the field for us in the long run. Don't like paying the fee then buy it somewhere else or sit it out and wait for the end to negotiations. Don't just take cheap shots at President
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

Sunshineer wrote:Yes thank you Mr President, China has been ripping us off for year's thanks to Slick Willie (I NEVER HAD SEX WITH THAT WOMAN) Clinton so pay your fee's and help
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.
Trying to think of a rejoinder that mentions a cigar...

Geoff
The Baker
zapata
Distiller

Post by zapata »

Please explain it to me before your posts get deleted. How is it even remotely supposed to work? I pay a tariff, China pays absolutely nothing, and that is supposed to level the playing field? How? Even IF China was taking the hit on the tarriffs, I still can't make an American made dephlegmator with US forged stainless steel within 25% of their price. I can't even come close. India can come close, and if the tarriffs have any hope of sticking around, they will. Do you really care if I'm importing stuff from China or India? Russia can come close, hmmmm.

You live near a farm? We grow lots of soy around here. You know who buys lots of soy from my family and neighbors? China. Number 1 market for American soy. Except China's imports are down 85% for the year. That's what a trade war gets you. We are still importing what we need, they aren't. How is that leveling the playing field? Sure, we aren't going to let our farmer's foot the bill for an impetuous president, we'll spend $10 billion dollars in extra farm subsidies this year, via a depression era welfare program (thanks FDR) . But as conservatives love to point out about all social programs, that money isn't free, it's coming from our taxes. Let me ask you, do you know a farmer who would rather collect a wellfare check than to sell his crop for a fair price? I don't. Do you know a single person that wants to see a $10 billion tax hike to pay China to keep selling us cheap goods?
So US consumers pay 100% of the tarriffs directly, and US taxpayers foot the bill for the rest of the fall out. Meanwhile China keeps on China-ing while India and Russia bide their time to make Kanpur or Zelenograd the new Shenzhen. How is this supposed to go any other way?
MtRainier
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MtRainier »

I'll chime in since I was mentioned. It was important to me to follow the import law so I paid all the taxes and tariff without asking for a fudge on the value. I know that's silly considering I'm now using the equipment for a purpose that isn't legal, but there's legal and then there's legal.

Having said that, trade wars are incredibly short sighted, produce all kinds of unintended consequences, and never seem to produce their desired results.

One example https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/21/us/p ... e-war.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

I find it hard to understand how anyone thinks this is going to end well for us. Conservatives were always against this sort of thing. It was often the left who were for protectionist trade policies in order to protect American labor on behalf of unions. To see such a range of Republicans supporting this is very odd.

OK, that's it for politics for the year for me.
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Seems a few posting on this topic need to reads rules again
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
Avo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Avo »

I've ordered a lot from them, seperates to put my own design/column together. Generally they are very very good, despatch/delivery time is reasonable. Unfortunately, there are going to be one or two unscupulous traders on there. I am currently having a despute over an exceptionally bad 2" tri-clamp 3 way 'U' bend which I received which was very poorly finished/polished with grinding marks showing. The guy is not prepared to make reasoable compensation, and AliBaba have stepped in, and although they agree with me about the poor quality (photo's shown) They seem to be siding with their trader who has offered a 'pittance' amount. It is not viable to return the goods unfortunately. By contrast Amazon & Ebay have excellent protection in place for the consumer. So be prepared for an unsympathetic outcome if things go wrong.