New Player

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Skarsnik
Novice

New Player

Post by Skarsnik »

Hello everybody,

I did a favour for a friend and in repayment he gave me a homemade bottle of Gin. It was the best Gin I had ever tasted. I've drunk a lot of Vodka and Gin and dabbled with cocktails.

So a lot of research, still it the you tube channel and here we go. One 15 gallon keg, a whole bunch of parts, a $110 still with an extension and I am getting ready for my first run. I plan on building a bigger still as I get into it as the keg build was enough to take on at the start.
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: New Player

Post by fizzix »

Hello, Skarsnik. Welcome to the forums and best of luck with your build!
rubelstrudel
Rumrunner

Post by rubelstrudel »

Welcome to the forums. Keep us updated how you're doing.
Always impatient. But learning.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Welcome, a keg still will make enough product for personal consumption. For me the diameter of the column is what I changed on my second still to cut down production time. Good luck and be safe!
Skarsnik
Novice

Post by Skarsnik »

Bushman wrote:Welcome, a keg still will make enough product for personal consumption. For me the diameter of the column is what I changed on my second still to cut down production time. Good luck and be safe!
Cheers, your name sounds familiar. I have already planned out the replacement column and even sourced a 2nd keg, I get a bit carried away with my hobbies. But I figure a bit of practical experience might be a good idea before I go any further.
bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bilgriss »

Sounds like you are having fun. Make sure you also get carried away with cleaning that new keg correctly before consuming any product from it.
Welcome!