Aliexpress/Distillarus store?

Research sources, reviews and links to information relating to distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Windswept
Swill Maker

Re: Aliexpress/Distillarus store?

Post by Windswept »

I've been hemming and hawing about buying a boiler from them, but by the time I pay for it and the shipping, it's not much cheaper than buying it locally.

They're prices look really good, but it seems like some of their shipping costs are out of whack!
If I didn't learn the hard way, I wouldn't learn at all!
Manc
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Manc »

Windswept wrote:I've been hemming and hawing about buying a boiler from them, but by the time I pay for it and the shipping, it's not much cheaper than buying it locally.

They're prices look really good, but it seems like some of their shipping costs are out of whack!
Hi windswept I've sent you a PM
Avo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Avo »

As a follow up/update to my last post. I rejected AliExpress/Distillarus proposal. There has been a compromise and I will receive $10; it is better than nothing, I would have preferred a perfect item. If your not satisfied with the outcome, reject and be persistent.
Manc
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Manc »

Hi

I'd Just like to share my latest experience with distillarus I ordered a 100litre boiler as usual they had poor communication but I put that down to language barrier and they are busy. I am a regular customer over the last year and have probably spent £1300 including this boiler

Anyway the boiler finally arrived but it was severely damaged in transit the lid creased and bent and the boiler egg shaped the packaging they had used wasn't the best but the courier company must of had an heavy item on top to cause that much damage it is no longer viable as a boiler without alot of work.

After being ignored for 3 days I opened a dispute which was also ignored until near deadline we finally agreed to send a new lid and £100 to try and fix boiler. Before the dispute could be agreed maybe by Distallarus design I couldn't say for sure but AliExpress offered a solution of just £70 all of a sudden Distallarus forgot what we agreed. I don't expect the same customer service we are use to in the UK but even for China this seems awful.

I have now opened a dispute with my credit card and hopefully that will get better. I will let you all know maybe it will help someone else.

Can I suggest that maybe small items are ok but larger purchases beware

Lee
Manc
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Manc »

Screenshot_20190816-123508.jpg
Screenshot_20190816-123450.jpg
Here are screenshots of messages and there solution now is below.
Screenshot_20190817-194407.jpg
I hope this sheds light on the type of company they really are
Manc
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Manc »

Just an update AliExpress and Distallarus are now trying to say that I have not collected the goods from the courier company and my protection is running out.

I wonder what they are upto :?:
Screenshot_20190822-205842.jpg
Screenshot_20190822-205835.jpg

I'm not sure about other countries but credit cards in the UK offer insurance on goods over £200 the idea is that you can't go into debt for something that doesn't work. I'm waiting on a claim form we will have to see what happens.

Lee
NineInchNails

Post by NineInchNails »

That's strange for them to be handling this that way. Typically when you ship anything of value, the shipment is insured for loss or damage. Most of the time, the company I work for, has us do a quick inspection & count of shipments we receive. IF we see damage, we report that immediately to the driver as well as the shipping company and the vendor for the shipment. IF we overlook something in the quick inspection, we are always still able to report it to the shipping company & vendor. This should all be covered by insurance. The company I work for takes photos of all shipments prior to being picked up so that damages are easily proven to have occurred in the hands of the shipping company.

In all my experience ... the shipment should have been insured and Distallarus should be compensated for the damage. Distallarus should ship you another identical shipment. I suppose Distallarus could always have the damaged shipment you received picked up and shipped back to them on their dime if they hold any value in it. If Distallarus does not want the damaged shipment then you benefit. That's just how it works in all my experience.

I understand you did use a credit card which was smart. One tip for people that often order online ... don't use a DEBIT card, try to always use a CREDIT CARD. Debit usually doesn't have much of any protection and you usually have no recourse unless it is a fraudulent transaction.

Good luck Manc! Keep us posted on any progress. I can't believe they are treating you this way. It just doesn't make sense.
Avo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Avo »

Good luck Manc! Keep us posted on any progress. I can't believe they are treating you this way. It just doesn't make sense.
[/quote]

I think there are cutural differences at play. I just received an $8 settlement from them which was generally fair. But confusion is evident. On a requested feed-back of their handling of the case, I stated that I would like to see an email feature so that you could have a one - to - one dialogue. Problems arrive with the existence of rogue traders they deal with who mask the truth. The best way to deal - if you are not satisfied with the final outcome proposal, is reject, and the offer will finaly if not painfully increase.
Avo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Avo »

This a shame, presumably won't affect other distillery items being sold on the site

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1661029
Windswept
Swill Maker

Post by Windswept »

Just a heads up, Distillarus is shutting down as of October 1 as they're being taken over.
If I didn't learn the hard way, I wouldn't learn at all!
Manc
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Manc »

Just to keep you all updated it hasn't ended very well AliExpress refunded £70 without me excepting the offer. The credit card company aren't helping as it was debited by a third-party company alipay and apparently they can't help section 75 doesn't apply and because they offered a refund if I returned it China apparently that's acceptable to them. I cancelled that card vote with my feet.

On the good side I can use the boiler I've managed to get the lid to fit with a bit of gentle persuasion and my import duties and taxes bill arrived which I didn't think was to bad at £63 and change so I've ended up with an 100litre usable but damaged still for £350.

Perhaps with them shutting down that's why they have decided customer service no longer matter's

Lee