Home Distiller T-shirts

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Home Distiller T-shirts

Post by jonnys_spirit »

If there’s more than one design I’ll probably order one or two of each.

+1 on the third party for orders. Maybe a service like this?

http://www.tshirtcafe.com/

Cheers,
Jonny
————
i prefer my mash shaken, not stirred
————
Hillbilly Popstar
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hillbilly Popstar »

Fair enough.
It ain't my chicken to poke.
But I'd take a turn if its allowed. Lol

On the topic of subtlety...

I think the website addy needs to be on the shirt. Maybe not large, front and center.
But maybe in small print at the bottom or under the logo. That way, those with peaked curiosity could be directed to our wonderful outfit.
If any of you think you safe here and have any sort of anonymity, you have no idea how the internet works. I'm not saying g we are all watch listed or anything. But if the fed wants to know who any of us are, they can, easily.

But I do like the idea of a simple logo, and a catch phrase that means something to most of us. Something just overt enough to start conversation with anyone smart enough to ask the right questions would be good.
"Making likker with a hydrometer and thermometer is like measuring the length of a 2x4 with a clock"
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

so anybody else not notice the donate button got moved to the top left beside quick links? :oops:

or am i the only extra observant one here?
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
Fivey
Bootlegger

Post by Fivey »

HDNB wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:47 pm so anybody else not notice the donate button got moved to the top left beside quick links? :oops:

or am i the only extra observant one here?
viewtopic.php?f=100&t=75233
Copperhead road
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Copperhead road »

Are these “Home Distiller” T-shirts available?

How about a picture of what they look like....
Never mistake kindness for weakness....
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

One of my other hobbies is vinyl work. Signs, banners, shirts, and decals etc.
I have a lot of repeat business with Masonic groups, motorcycle clubs, non profit 501(c)3s, etc. I use PayPal exclusively for payments.
Folks order from me, I purchase the garments, apply their request, and mail them out.
With PayPal, its easy to dispute the payment and get your money back if you dont get what you ordered.
Proceeds from the sales could then be sent via PayPal to the site.
Just a thought on how one could make something work for generating site revenue. Not promoting anything on my end or suggesting I'd be involved at this point.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Swedish Pride »

HD/ 3s on the pocket
So I'm tole on the back.
Don't be a dick
JC973
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by JC973 »

I’m in for 2-5 shirts, I LOL’d at the “So I’m tole” slogan for the back, that is the ultimate secret handshake, love it
If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
Copperhead road
Site Donor
Site Donor

I don’t get it how do we order one?

Or is this something that’s completely in the making and hasn’t got off the ground
jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jonnys_spirit »

Post some graphics and please folks. I'll open the sketch book and sharpen the charcoal stick this weekend. Easy enough to do a small run for anyone that wants to.

Cheers!
-jonny
————
i prefer my mash shaken, not stirred
————
TDick
Distiller

Post by TDick »

My local teeshirt screenprinter is still in business and MY cost per shirt is pretty cheap.
BUT - that's for pre-ordering, pre-paying & me shipping to everyone individually??
Not ideal so I believe a fulfillment company like Teespring is the most practical way to do this.
Not only can you list a variety of products, but different logos as well & everyone buy what they want.

And I would be glad to help.
But before going to a lot of effort, the Admins would need to decide IF it's something they want to do to create some income since it makes sense for the account/payments to be in their names.

Does anyone have experience with Teespring or other alternatives - Printiful, Printify, Teeshirtgang - there's tons of them!
One thing I noticed - most of them stress how their platforms help you market - obviously NOT a factor here.
Main thing I'm interested in is what type shirts they offer & how good is their sublimation/printing.
I have shirts from my guy I wear a lot and are close to 20 years old.
I don't expect that from these guys but I would like them to last through a few washings.

Anybody got good OR BAD experiences and Mods - is this something you want to pursue?
DSmith78
Swill Maker

Post by DSmith78 »

I'd definitely buy one.
There are three types of people in this world - those who can do maths and those who cannot.
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Post by NZChris »

Distilling is legal in New Zealand, but I would never wear a T-shirt promoting distilling.

I think it is a bad idea to advertise that my shed is a desirable target for the local ratbags when they run out of booze on Saturday night.
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

TDick wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:04 pm My local teeshirt screenprinter is still in business and MY cost per shirt is pretty cheap.
BUT - that's for pre-ordering, pre-paying & me shipping to everyone individually??
Not ideal so I believe a fulfillment company like Teespring is the most practical way to do this.
Not only can you list a variety of products, but different logos as well & everyone buy what they want.

But before going to a lot of effort, the Admins would need to decide IF it's something they want to do to create some income since it makes sense for the account/payments to be in their names.

Does anyone have experience with Teespring or other alternatives - Printiful, Printify, Teeshirtgang - there's tons of them!
One thing I noticed - most of them stress how their platforms help you market - obviously NOT a factor here.
Main thing I'm interested in is what type shirts they offer & how good is their sublimation/printing.
I don't expect that from these guys but I would like them to last through a few washings.

Anybody got good OR BAD experiences and Mods - is this something you want to pursue?
Before I got into vinyl work I puchased a few shirts from FB Teespring adds. I'll say the printing holds up just okay. Its not sublimation,or print to garment, but even washing it every week you should get a few years wear out of them. I believe you may be able to choose the quality of the garment. Personally, I only buy Hayne's Beefy T's and Gilden for the garments I do, and they hold up well. Try pricing shirts on Jiffy Shirts dot com. With a reasonable bulk order, you can get them pretty cheap. Heat Transfer Vinyl is pretty cheap when you buy it by the yard. I can put a shirt together with a 12x12 inch design on the back for around us$6.50. for something like a HD on a breat pocket, nothing on the back, buying in bulk, cost is about $5.00 US. So armed with that knowledge, one could estimate how much profit Teespring is making after giving the site a cut.
I make about 7 to 10 bucks profit on every garment I run through the heat press. Profit margin goes up considerably with larger orders due to bulk discounts on shirts.

I'll Add that my Heat press and vinyl cutter paid for my still and several of the guns in my collection.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
Copperhead road
Site Donor
Site Donor

TDick wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:04 pm My local teeshirt screenprinter is still in business and MY cost per shirt is pretty cheap.

Uncle Jesse or Tater, The troops are waiting to hear from their fearless leaders..... lol
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Ill discuss with uncle jesse and see what he what direction he wants to go. In meantime lets see some more ideas on what members would want on the shirts .In the meantime viewtopic.php?f=7&t=79698
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
jon1163
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jon1163 »

Absolutely
DSmith78
Swill Maker

Post by DSmith78 »

Tater wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:07 am Ill discuss with uncle jesse and see what he what direction he wants to go. In meantime lets see some more ideas on what members would want on the shirts .In the meantime viewtopic.php?f=7&t=79698
I can't seem to click on 'yes'...
There are three types of people in this world - those who can do maths and those who cannot.
DSmith78
Swill Maker

Post by DSmith78 »

Also I just had a thought... What if a design was decided and then made available to download for a couple of quid? That way individuals could get their own made and that would avoid any production costs landing in HD's lap. Thoughts?
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

try now
DSmith78
Swill Maker

Post by DSmith78 »

Tater wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:14 pmtry now
That's perfect - vote cast! Thank you.
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Tater wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:07 am Ill discuss with uncle jesse and see what he what direction he wants to go. In meantime lets see some more ideas on what members would want on the shirts .In the meantime viewtopic.php?f=7&t=79698
Talked with uncle jesse he should pop on soon .Those who want provide the service should pm me so we can see whats what :thumbup:
Dewstiller
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Dewstiller »

$25 donated! Get this project rolling! I will only wear the shirt around the house, so I am not worried about advertisement. Make sure it is good cotton / poly blend that does not shrink down like a 17 year old's dream on prom night gone wrong... :o

Sorry, I mean 2XL for myself when it comes out! :D
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Jesse »

I like the idea of HD t-shirts, as long as the admins get one free. 8)

I'll wear one in public. I do think that there shouldn't be any capitalization in homedistiller.org though
If only the best birds sang, the woods would be silent.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

I've lost a step here . Are we still debating this or are we in the process of doing this ?
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

At this point we are looking into who wants to supply the service and how .But still debating what should go on shirt
TDick
Distiller

Post by TDick »

From what I can tell, it looks like there are a large number of suppliers that can handle it for HD.

Looks like "regular" RETAIL pricing to members will be around $25 + about $5 Shipping.
That is one color ink, one side.
Profit to HD depends on the volume of shirts - this still qualifies as a small volume.

TO ME, the biggest question is if anyone has used of these?
One option is for Tater or whomever "owns" that account to upload the artwork & order "samples" at cost from a couple of vendors to be able to compare.
Also keep in mind that you can certainly upload several designs so that anyone can pick & choose what they want.
So if someone wanted to add several colors, front & back, it could be shown here to see if there is interest.

This is the logo I played with for a pocket tee although most sites I've looked at don't offer a pocket.
HD teeshirt front - small.png
HD logo.png
I can get this one ready for to be one option.
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Nice logo TDick . Yep I find it amazing how the talent some members have in many areas.Let the ideas flow .
Thebigbrewbowski
Novice

Post by Thebigbrewbowski »

NZChris wrote:Distilling is legal in New Zealand, but I would never wear a T-shirt promoting distilling.

I think it is a bad idea to advertise that my shed is a desirable target for the local ratbags when they run out of booze on Saturday night.
An old acquaintance of mine used to allege to have made good coin ripping off car stereos when he was younger. They used to drive down the road looking for cars with sound system stickers on them like Alpine or JBL or whatever and it was that simple...so yeah, advertising your interests are not always a good idea. I know guys that have gun and shooting club stickers on their cars who were targeted and had all their guns stolen. lol discrete is good. I like the HD logo above, cant see anyone picking up on that.
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

I never buy a tee shirt without a pocket.
I need a place to put my reading glasses.

Geoff
The Baker