Back to work, the bars in nola are open!

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Chauncey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Back to work, the bars in nola are open!

Post by Chauncey »

In a limited capacity anyway. Lets see how long it lasts i guess. In all this mess i hope everyone is staying afloat. Its been rough down here. but god damn its great to be working.
<no stopping to corner anytime [] no parking passenger zone>

When people tell me I'll regret that in the morning, I sleep till noon.
Expat
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Back to work, the bars in nola are open!

Post by Expat »

:thumbup:

Current boiler and pot head
Cross flow condenser
Modular 3" Boka - pics tbd

Post by Bushman »

My son manages a restaurant and bar in a fancy hotel and he has stayed employed. They have had to make many changes and cut way back but I am impressed with the creative ways they have been able to stay open and serve their customers.
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

Its pretty odd to hear bars just opening up, while ours are on the verge of being shuttered again.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

Well, the guvnah is going to address the state tomorrow and lock us down again beginning Monday. No social gathering, stores limited to 25% capacity, No dine in, only take out, or eat outside. Of course its the raining season now so that's out. Grocery stores tomorrow should be a real shit show.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jonnys_spirit »

Good to hear Chauncey! We’ve got a room at the andrew jackson and reservations at oceana grill over thanksgiving and looking forward to a couple days in the quarter.

Cheers,
Jonny
————
i prefer my mash shaken, not stirred
————
OtisT
Master of Distillation

Post by OtisT »

Great to hear the good news Chauncey. I’m really happy for you.

Probably lots of folks will be coming in to drink to the end of the shit show that 2020 is. With the small ray of sunshine news from Pfizer this week, 2021 is showing some promise. :-)

Otis
Otis’ Pot and Thumper, Dimroth Condenser: Pot-n-Thumper/Dimroth
Learning to Toast: Toasting Wood
Polishing Spirits with Fruitwood: Fruitwood
Badmotivator’s Barrels: Badmo Barrels
Chauncey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Chauncey »

Unfortunately for us bars that arent pretending be restaurants, all the fools not following rules in the quarter are gonna get us all shutdown. Well, lets hope not. But i see whats happening downtown every day, they get an inch and run for miles.
<no stopping to corner anytime [] no parking passenger zone>

When people tell me I'll regret that in the morning, I sleep till noon.
Desvio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Desvio »

Chauncey wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:31 am Unfortunately for us bars that arent pretending be restaurants, all the fools not following rules in the quarter are gonna get us all shutdown. Well, lets hope not. But i see whats happening downtown every day, they get an inch and run for miles.
Here in Oregon we were doing well with our daily count, bring on November and our numbers rocket from 200-300 to 1000+ per day, now we are back on lockdown. There's just far too many people not taking it seriously for us to pull out of this, and I work for the laboratories in one of the largest healthcare networks on the west coast, so I don't even have the time to brew, or distill... Let alone going out for a drink. :problem:
People say that I'm a bad influence. I say the world's already f#cked -- I'm just adding to it.