Joining home distller

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Novice

Joining home distller

Post by 135587 »

Hi all,
With a 4 gallon pot still, a few books and awhile ago, I started my voyage. I've since upgraded my gear and experience, but not without the inevitable learning curves. And with no knowledge, until recently, that much of my education could have been balanced with your forums. Searching for "aging in glass ", I got a hit with y'all. And been using your forums since. Good stuff.
Looking forward to increasing my skill set.
Thanks
Bushman
Admin

Re: Joining home distller

Post by Bushman »

Welcome, your not the first to talk about upgrading from a pot still. I started with a VM then built a CM and lastly built a pot still. I don’t look at them as upgrades or down grades for me they are different tools and although several tools will do the job the proper tool makes it easier.
Demy
Master of Distillation

Post by Demy »

welcome , we have all done (I think) some kind of upgrade or improvement in the course of the "career" of home distillers!
Durhommer
Distiller

Post by Durhommer »

Welcome aboard what kind of gear upgrades have you made what's your drink of choice
You have two ears and one mouth for a reason....
Novice

Post by 135587 »

RYE!!! Upgrades yes. Always. Y'all are here for that. Went from 4 gallon pot to 8. Easy. Easier. But, Rye mash.,,,? I mean 100% malted rye mash? Thick stuff. Add some water to 1st run? Don't wanna burn it.
"It's not the mistakes; It's how you fix them".