The liar's bench

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

SassyFrass
Distiller
Location: Sittin' on the side of the Mountain sippin' and smilin'

Re: The liar's bench

Post by SassyFrass »

That's just funny. We dont get many of the modern day city treehuggers. They heae the banjoes and immediately think of the movie deliverance. But most folks here respect the land try to take care of our little bit.
Most of the big corporations and mining companies been gone for years. Little bit north and east and folks are still working underground. Not a life I want for me and mine.
I've never ridden in a glider and I've been on 1 sailboat. Found out I do not have sea legs, I spent the whole time chumming the waters. I can get seasick looking at a rubber duck in a bathtub.
Jumped out of a bunch of fixed and rotary wing aircraft and 1 balloon. My favorite jump of all. Oh and I base jumped off a couple bridges.
Never been considered a "car guy" and my trucks are for working not showing. My favorite vehicles get from point A to point B without breaking down and keep me warm in winter and cool in summer.
Bikes on the other hand, I've had a few.
You and GB have done stuff I havent had a chance to do yet.. I reckon I'm a little envious of yall.
Simple Lil' Pot Still, no temp guage, no carbon, no scrubbers, nuthin' fancy. Sometimes use a thumper, sometimes don't.

Real good info for New Folks:
cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

I ain't getting out of any aircraft that's still working :ewink:
be water my friend
SassyFrass
Distiller

Post by SassyFrass »

Cob, I got paid extra to jump. Plus, my chosen career field is a bit like the boy scouts, the more buttons and badges you earn the quicker you get promoted.
But, being an adrenaline junkie helps quite a bit.
SF
Simple Lil' Pot Still, no temp guage, no carbon, no scrubbers, nuthin' fancy. Sometimes use a thumper, sometimes don't.

goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Post by goinbroke2 »

Never jumped, but I have rappelled from choppers at 250’ and high structures many times. Always said I would one day and even went on the civilian side to try it one weekend but the winds were too high that day. A couple went back the next weekend but I never. Kind of ish I did just to be able to say it. Lol
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

So today is a dickhead day. Just waiting for the wife in the stores and entertaining myself.
Wife was in the mall about an hour, I went around to 13 cars in the parking lot and left notes on the windshield “call me, I’m pregnant “
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
SassyFrass
Distiller

Post by SassyFrass »

Done a bit of rappelling, fast rope, and sling load operations also. But all of that was a long time ago.
Shopping in the city with the wife is always interesting, I get a nap in, read a little on HD, etc..., and there are some strange folks in this world.
I live in a very rural area, so usually if we go shopping local I'll end up seeing either family or friends. Had quite a few good conversations in grocery store parking lot. [emoji16]

goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

My niece just posted on Facebook that she’s having twins.
I posted “finally, two kids from the same man”!

She blocked me! :clap:
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Asked the wife if she’s enjoyed the last 30 years together, she said yes, but mostly when I was at work...
SassyFrass
Distiller

Post by SassyFrass »

Nothing funny, just a small memorial...

My wife's uncle was laid to rest today. I reckon, back in the 50s and 60s he made a pretty good living running a dozer and making a little likker. Him and some of his brothers got caught back in the 70s (I think) but instead of going to jail, they gave their word that they would never make or sell any more likker. To this day, none of the 4 brothers have made or sold a drop of likker. Ain't but 2 of the brothers left alive now.
But the uncles would come over and set with me and watch the pot run until they got too old to walk out to my still site. But never touch anything to do with fermentation or cooking, nor would I ask them to. We would just sit there and talk about old times and the differences of the times.
But all 4 kept a quart of white under the kitchen sink for medicinal purposes only. They'd all take a snort once in awhile, to get rid of a cold.
Anyway, just my way to memorialize a real good man, who I was honored to spend some time with.
SF

goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

They say a mans only as good as their word Sassy, I'd say they were pretty damn good!

Sorry for your loss.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

SassyFrass wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:17 pm Nothing funny, just a small memorial...

My wife's uncle was laid to rest today. I reckon, back in the 50s and 60s he made a pretty good living running a dozer and making a little likker. Him and some of his brothers got caught back in the 70s (I think) but instead of going to jail, they gave their word that they would never make or sell any more likker. To this day, none of the 4 brothers have made or sold a drop of likker. Ain't but 2 of the brothers left alive now.
But the uncles would come over and set with me and watch the pot run until they got too old to walk out to my still site. But never touch anything to do with fermentation or cooking, nor would I ask them to. We would just sit there and talk about old times and the differences of the times.
But all 4 kept a quart of white under the kitchen sink for medicinal purposes only. They'd all take a snort once in awhile, to get rid of a cold.
Anyway, just my way to memorialize a real good man, who I was honored to spend some time with.
SF
Fitting tribute . Thanks for posting it so we can all tip a hat .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
SassyFrass
Distiller

Post by SassyFrass »

My family ran likker from Appalachia to the cities. Her Grand daddy delivered mail and corn from the back of a mule.
I was always taught that if you gave you word, it should be kept. No its, ands, or buts about it. And a handshake should be better than a piece of paper. But most folks today aint raised like that any more.

Here's to the old folks, their wisdom will be missed.
SF

SassyFrass
Distiller

Post by SassyFrass »

Thank yall for your kind words.
SF

goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Wife wanted a hay ride or a sleigh ride but due to Covid everything is cancelled. She was all whiny because we have a houseful of people and wanted to do something special. Had one of the boys put lights on the motor home/toy hauler and plugged them into the power inverter on the bus.
Now I got 9 drunks and me, sober as a judge, going for a “hey ride “ around town.
3B810DC7-3F80-48BD-A8FB-54ACEAD3BA2E.jpeg
D27275BA-33CB-4BA4-9E31-A8B59C589999.jpeg
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

We’re home! Twice cops stopped us. Everything legal, drunks in the motor home part, I was sober. Good time for all.
Went to McDonald’s and tried the drive through, couldn’t make the turn but I could drive up beside the building. Rolled up to the window and they all came out!! Lol!
We got a bunch of meals and the owner said “ merry Christmas and waved us on! Free growlies!
Cruised around the local three towns and almost wore out the air horn. Lots of waving and singing out the windows, like a private parade or something.

Anywho, home again and now it’s my turn to start drinking. Made 2.25 L of tequila and got two bottles of margarita mix.
Buddy just cooked up a dozen lobster.
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

9D25F7B7-1DF7-48AE-996A-43202E16B482.jpeg
Stinky fish eating east coasters...
Born on the west coast and grew up on the east Coast, can’t stand anything from the sea.
These were free as my buddy owns the second largest fish plant in Nova Scotia.
Let them eat it, I had a time with the meat and the veggie trays.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!!!
4C597E23-E49E-497C-B936-0660FE70B65F.jpeg
F903102A-EB96-4886-B35A-10CF335826C5.jpeg

Tequila and apple pie shine!

Edit: just found out there’s another cooler in the back of his truck, 3 more dozen... stinky bastards....
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Buddies kid is 8, just gave him his one present Christmas Eve and sent him to bed. As he’s leaving I asked “what did you think of 2020”...”whatever comes into your mind”

Kid said “ it’s like looking both ways before crossing a street, and then getting hit by a submarine “

All the adults howled!
Lol!!

When does Santa show up, it’s 11:24...
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

12:40, Santa still hasn’t shown.....
So, we finished the first bottle of margarita mix and made....
Garlic bread!!

480E4846-A9B6-4848-8777-96715E96EDEB.jpeg
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

goinbroke2 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:24 pm Buddies kid is 8, just gave him his one present Christmas Eve and sent him to bed. As he’s leaving I asked “what did you think of 2020”...”whatever comes into your mind”

Kid said “ it’s like looking both ways before crossing a street, and then getting hit by a submarine “

All the adults howled!
Lol!!

So true can't wait to put the shit show of 2020 behind us

Stay safe all and happy holidays
OVZ
SassyFrass
Distiller

Post by SassyFrass »

Oldvine Zin wrote:
goinbroke2 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:24 pm Buddies kid is 8, just gave him his one present Christmas Eve and sent him to bed. As he’s leaving I asked “what did you think of 2020”...”whatever comes into your mind”

All the adults howled!
Lol!!

So true can't wait to put the shit show of 2020 behind us

Stay safe all and happy holidays
OVZ
+1 GB and OVZ

That is one perceptiveand smart youngin. Merry Christmas yall. Hope everyone's 2021 is better than 2020.

cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

I was at the Waikoloa Hilton on big island attending a corporate retreat. hanging around the pool

with a bunch of 6 figures and up, the conversation got around to asking me what I did. the response.

(I'm carpenter in a nuclear power plant, we make wooden neutron's) not a blink in the crowd.
be water my friend
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Christmas as usual here .........................
Got 2 new shirts , a pair of socks , and a piece of ass ...........
>
>
>
They was all 2 sizes too big .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

Truck, have you thought of the other possibility??

Geoff
The Baker
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Ouch! Ya hit me where I live .
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Truckinbutch wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:12 pm Christmas as usual here .........................
>
>
>
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

Epic, gotta use that one!
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Wife was telling me that Tampax announced that they were replacing the string on their product with tinsel.
For the Christmas period.
Justpaige
Novice

Post by Justpaige »

That was me last year! And they got them all on staff discount.
So after a shit show of 1.5 years.
Hubby brain injury and covid redundancy.
And me working in financial hardships
I begged for a simple relaxing Christmas.
And better gifts lols

goinbroke2 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:20 am
Truckinbutch wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:12 pm Christmas as usual here .........................
>
>
>
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

Epic, gotta use that one!
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

A loaf of bread is just a group of indiscriminate grains that chose mediocrity rather than becoming whiskey .
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

Thinking of you and yours, Justpaige.

May this coming year be a better one.

Geoff
The Baker
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Hope 21 is better for you Paige, sounds like you’ve had your fill of 2020 and even 2019!

They say You can’t really appreciate what you got until you hear what others are going through. I was about to bitch about finding two dead mice in an empty carboy.
(Empty, I know right??)
But then reality slaps me in the face and says look what other people are dealing with.

Merry Christmas all and hopefully everyone has a better new year.