Hello world

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Internutter
Novice

Hello world

Post by Internutter »

Hi Guys,

I'm a potential distilling noob keen on building a copper reflux still and making Gin, Rum, Whiskey and Moonshine.

I've got the plans and the instructions etc, and have read a lot and watched enough video's to have a good idea.

Looking forward to the journey....

Dave
Durhommer
Distiller

Re: Hello world

Post by Durhommer »

Dave welcome aboard one thing tho all are technically moonshine bro just finished differently
You have two ears and one mouth for a reason....
SassyFrass
Distiller
Location: Sittin' on the side of the Mountain sippin' and smilin'

Post by SassyFrass »

Hello and welcome. You've come to the place that will help you make a good drop. But the learning is up to you. The information is here and free. Read all you can and learn all you can. Good luck. Have fun.
SF
Simple Lil' Pot Still, no temp guage, no carbon, no scrubbers, nuthin' fancy. Sometimes use a thumper, sometimes don't.

Real good info for New Folks:
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

Internutter wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:46 am Hi Guys,

I'm a potential distilling noob keen on building a copper reflux still and making Gin, Rum, Whiskey and Moonshine.

I've got the plans and the instructions etc, and have read a lot and watched enough video's to have a good idea.

Looking forward to the journey....

Dave
Welcome in but put those plans and that you tube knowledge aside for a while. Read here and then figure out what you want to build and the safe way to do it. read until your eyes bleed
Stay safe
OVZ
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

Durhommer wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:09 pm Dave welcome aboard one thing tho all are technically moonshine bro just finished differently
Going OT here but not true.

Stay safe
OVZ
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

Oldvine Zin wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:14 pm
Durhommer wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:09 pm Dave welcome aboard one thing tho all are technically moonshine bro just finished differently
Going OT here but to say not true.

Stay safe
OVZ
Internutter
Novice

Post by Internutter »

Thanks Guys..I've been reading for days, and now have too many ideas. Going to keep it to simple column/reflux, Liebig condenser (although shotgun is tempting). Just need to settle on a diameter ...54mm (2") copper pipe and fittings are available locally, as well as several sizes below that all the way down to 15mm.
Its the 80mm (3") column thats tempting me...