Converting to electric

If it plugs in, post it here.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Acidgut
Novice

Converting to electric

Post by Acidgut »

After a few years using LPG I've decide to switch to electric. Im using a 50 litre (11 gallon) keg. Is a 3600W element sufficient.
As for a controller, im looking at one of these.

https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/zakarriey- ... emtx2umdh/

Can anyone tell me if it is what i need. Thank you.
Demy
Master of Distillation

Re: Converting to electric

Post by Demy »

It could be fine, it is a voltage regulator. Personally I like the type with knob more, I find it more comfortable. If you have a minimum electricity capacity you could build it alone, here on the forum there are some projects, you can start from a pre-assembled form and perform the connections. All 2 streets are valid.
I write from Italy but I searched on Amazon.com
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=scr+10000w&c ... are-v1_1_9
Acidgut
Novice

Post by Acidgut »

Thanks Deny, i really don't trust myself with anything more complicated than tying my shoe laces.
bcook608
Rumrunner

Post by bcook608 »

Acidgut wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:21 am Thanks Deny, i really don't trust myself with anything more complicated than tying my shoe laces.
I was the same way. Just do a bunch of reading through the electric threads and you'll get there.
I'll be putting the final touches on my 5 gallon electric still today and doing the cleaning ritual.

Good luck with your journey!
Acidgut
Novice

Post by Acidgut »

bcook608 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:24 am
Acidgut wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:21 am Thanks Deny, i really don't trust myself with anything more complicated than tying my shoe laces.
I was the same way. Just do a bunch of reading through the electric threads and you'll get there.
I'll be putting the final touches on my 5 gallon electric still today and doing the cleaning ritual.

Good luck with your journey!
I may conjure up the courage. Thank you
Demy
Master of Distillation

Post by Demy »

Ok then buy. I can also look at Auber products, I have never used it but they generally enjoy a good reputation