Anyone thought of going?

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
bunny
Site Donor
Site Donor

Anyone thought of going?

Post by bunny »

It may be in my back yard, however, that's not incentive enough to get me to go.https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead ... Qx6BAgCEAM
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Anyone thought of going?

Post by Deplorable »

Yeah, I don't think so. Not for that price.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
StillerBoy
Master of Distillation

Post by StillerBoy »

Make a Batch of Your Own Spirits To Take Home

From the advertising on their first page.. learning to mash, distill, and make cuts within a 3 days course and taking home the spirit of it..

That statement was good enough for me to not read further.. I must be missing something as my process certainly takes somewhat much longer..

Mars
" I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent. Curiosity, Obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism, have brought me to my knowledge and understanding "

– Albert Einstein
The Nothing
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by The Nothing »

holy sticker shock!
I haven't spent a fraction of that into the hobby this year and i can guarantee i've learned a lot and have more spirit

and I didn't have to cross the river to do it...
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Quote : "After this workshop, you’ll have the confidence you need to start your own craft distillery"
Fairly misleading I think......you might walk out of there with a pile of notes on paper, and a bottle of gin that you just made. A 3 day course wont make you a distiller.
Lots of hard work and determination might just get you there if your lucky.
Metalking00
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Metalking00 »

While starting your own distillery takes years of experience and lots of capital to hope of being successful, holding a distilling course looks lucrative and easy! Im in the wrong line of work...
jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jonnys_spirit »

I mean how else are folks gonna whet their whistle and learn this stuff??? lol!

Cheers,
jonny
————
i prefer my mash shaken, not stirred
————
bcook608
Rumrunner

Post by bcook608 »

Saltbush Bill wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:38 am Quote : "After this workshop, you’ll have the confidence you need to start your own craft distillery"
Confidence does not equal knowledge, though so it isn't really that misleading. :P
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

But you do get a chance to run a professional 3 gal reflux still :roll:

Stay safe
OVZ