My controller build

If it plugs in, post it here.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Dunkydonuts
Novice

My controller build

Post by Dunkydonuts »

I’m hesitant about asking but I want to just ask someone to check the safety of my build as I’m not clued up with electrics and struggling with the research on this bit.

I am in the Netherlands where the voltage is 230 with 16 amp circuits. My heater is a single 3000 watts for a 30L keg and I’m going to be using the stilldragon diy kit.

The instructions say to use 10 awg wire so rated for 30 amps. I’m going to be drawing a little over 13 amps at max power so am I right in assuming that my domestic sockets and plugs are fine and I don’t necessarily need 10 awg but this is still a good idea?

Am I also going to need to think about cooling of the SSR with these loads?
witch
Novice

Re: My controller build

Post by witch »

With regards to your SSR i have same setup and putting 1/2 fans in the with the SSR will help alot. May want to put your SSR on a aluminium plate draw some of the heat out of it.
Live today hope for tomorrow
tjsc5f
Swill Maker

Re: My controller build

Post by tjsc5f »

Dunkydonuts wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:38 pm The instructions say to use 10 awg wire so rated for 30 amps. I’m going to be drawing a little over 13 amps at max power so am I right in assuming that my domestic sockets and plugs are fine and I don’t necessarily need 10 awg but this is still a good idea?
10 awg is a bit over kill here but won't hurt anything. 12 awg would be more cost effective for that amount of power.

As a rule of thumb when sizing circuits, you wouldn't want to continuously pull more than 80% of the rated breaker amperage, so in your case 12.8A off of your 16A breaker. You're a little over that but as long as you're not running anything else off the circuit at the same time it should be OK.