Liqueur made with Caribbean Rum

Sweetened spirits with various flavors

Moderator: Site Moderator

MonkeyRumKing
Novice

Liqueur made with Caribbean Rum

Post by MonkeyRumKing »

What do y'all make of this? I have been purchasing this "Rum" for years and infusing it with my own blend of spices. My goal is to be able distill my own rum and infuse it with my spices. I just did my first rum and it smelled nothing like this. I know there's a ton of possible differences; however, I think the biggest one is that this isn't actually a rum. Would you all agree? Is this a rum with added sugar? Is it a neutral spirit with rum essences? Would love to hear your insights so that I can attempt something a bit closer to this and make my version of spiced rum from scratch.
318EA474-63D3-4521-8319-69AF19A15DEE.jpeg
You do one of two things every day, you get better or you get worse. There's no in between.
When you teach you learn.
Chauncey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Liqueur made with Caribbean Rum

Post by Chauncey »

Appears to be their rum backsweetened
<no stopping to corner anytime [] no parking passenger zone>

When people tell me I'll regret that in the morning, I sleep till noon.
StillerBoy
Master of Distillation

Post by StillerBoy »

Can't read the label properly especially under the Liqueur, does it say "made with", if so, there's your answer.. furthermore, it also states "perfect for all rum drinks" meaning what, as a mix ? ?.. a pure rum will not entertain such a statement..

So trying to reproduce this mix will be a lost task.. develop one of your own.. or try a rum essence and mix with reflux rum feints.. many avenues that can be tried..

Mars
" I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent. Curiosity, Obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism, have brought me to my knowledge and understanding "

– Albert Einstein
MonkeyRumKing
Novice

Post by MonkeyRumKing »

Thank you guys! My rum is smelling much better after four days. I'm gonna give it a month. We'll see! Either way I get to drink some rum. Thanks again!
You do one of two things every day, you get better or you get worse. There's no in between.
Metalking00
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Metalking00 »

"My rum doesnt taste like the rum i buy" seems to be a common complaint. Mine doesnt either, but i like it better than the storebought stuff.

In my limited experience, rum changes more over time than any of the other things ive made. My all blackstrap rum was pretty rude straight off the still. Now, at 9 months, its getting pretty good. Rum needs lots of time. Remember that good rum are measured in years (many years), not days or months.
Chauncey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Chauncey »

This company has non liqueur rum so I'd still say its safe to assume its definitely just that with simple syrup. They have a virgin islands and Caribbean islands version.

Rum changes alot. What's yer recipe anyway?
<no stopping to corner anytime [] no parking passenger zone>

When people tell me I'll regret that in the morning, I sleep till noon.
MonkeyRumKing
Novice

Post by MonkeyRumKing »

I made Buccaneer Bob's silver rum. I made some rookie mistakes, so I need to give it another go. Plus, now I have dunder. Thanks for the insights guys!