Greetings from Winnipeg

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Whisky Whistle
Novice

Greetings from Winnipeg

Post by Whisky Whistle »

Hello All,

Mark aka Whisky Whistle up here in Winnipeg - Fell in love with whisky at age 20. In 2015 I thought I’d try making whisky - plans were delayed with kid 2 (of three). I finally got going in 2019, making a Cherry brandy and then a redistilled whisky using a bunch of crap whiskies I had on hand. The next project was a Maris Otter single malt from malt I brewed myself. I am back at it, this time making black makgeolli and soju. Hopefully more whisky and brandy this fall.
Cheers,

Mark
StillerBoy
Master of Distillation

Re: Greetings from Winnipeg

Post by StillerBoy »

Hi Mark:

Welcome to HD..
From a fellow Ontarian, next door neighbor, from northern Ontario on the eastern side mostly (22 hrs east)

Seem like on the right track, just watch out for derailments..

Mars
" I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent. Curiosity, Obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism, have brought me to my knowledge and understanding "

– Albert Einstein
tiramisu
Swill Maker

Re: Greetings from Winnipeg

Post by tiramisu »

Hey. Also from Winterpeg. The internet is a big and small world. I have the eternal incomplete still build project going. Keg soldering and electricity left to be sorted. Been collecting parts for almost 2 years now a bit at a time using aliexpress and other Chinese sources to put together a 3" column with sanitary spool and an upside down beer keg. Always nice to see someone distilling rather than just collecting piece parts. It gives me hope.