Here to learn the art of distilling the sweet sweet nectar of the gods.

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

KingScotsman
Novice

Here to learn the art of distilling the sweet sweet nectar of the gods.

Post by KingScotsman »

Hi, I am KingScotsman. You can call me His Majesty KingScotsman the most super best looking, protector of virtue, defender of faith, conqueror of all, ruler of earth and ambassador to zeblock 6.
Phew! Now that we have that out of the way. I am a total novice to the art of distilling. My wife got me a still for Fathers Day because all I do is work and as she put it, I need a hobby. I own an Air Conditioning, Refrigeration and Restaurant equipment service and sales company in the southern United States. When I am not running my company I am also working on our 48+ acre farm. We have 190 chickens, 20 turkeys, 20 ducks, 2 rabbits, (more on the way, the little lady is pregnant) 16 cows, 4 dogs and now a orphan buck fawn. My current still is a 5 gallon full copper pot still and I am in the process of building a keg still with all electric heat and controls. The entire keg still is mocked up I just have to braze and weld everything together. I build equipment for fun when I have the time. So far I have built an electric smoker the size of a large 3 door commercial reach in cooler, electric fryer capable of frying 30lbs of chicken wings at a time, gas grill capable of grilling 60 hamburgers and 80 hotdogs at a time, flat top electric griddle, steam jacketed tilt skillet for doing huge batches of chili and other things. My outside kitchen makes most chefs jealous. All stainless construction all hand built. Not sure what else to write here…. All hail KingScotsman!!!
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Re: Here to learn the art of distilling the sweet sweet nectar of the gods.

Post by Uncle Jesse »

Welcome aboard!
If only the best birds sang, the woods would be silent.