If one wanted to do a give away for free and winner had to only pay shipping how would one do this?

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

BleedingRock
Novice

If one wanted to do a give away for free and winner had to only pay shipping how would one do this?

Post by BleedingRock »

so the wife and I are looking at divorce she bought the still and for some unknown reason I have the urge to give up my hobby of 11 years small scale distillation since I was 16 yea yeah shame on me.... thanks

Is there a way I can set up a give away for my 26 gal kettle reflux column still I just want it to go to a good home and i dont want it be destroyed if i leave it here... Im not trying to do a pay for raffle or any shit like that im just trying to find the equipment a good home but i dont want to risk selling it my state its a crime to even own one here...

thank you
bcook608
Rumrunner

Re: If one wanted to do a give away for free and winner had to only pay shipping how would one do this?

Post by bcook608 »

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.
Where abouts do you live? I'd be willing to drive a ways to give it a good home.

As far as a raffle goes, if that's what you want to do, have people pick a number between 1 and 5000. Then use a random number generator to pick and whoever is closest would be the winner. Shipping would need to be paid within a reasonable time frame after the total was determined.
Dancing4dan
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: If one wanted to do a give away for free and winner had to only pay shipping how would one do this?

Post by Dancing4dan »

Sorry to hear about divorce. Have some experience with that myself. I might be hard to get along with…

Advise you to proceed with extreme caution regarding the still during a divorce situation. She may have bought you the still but beware the angry spouse during divorce…. It can quickly become an opportunity to discredit you or get you charged. This can impact custody, support etc.

Getting to attached to the still can cost you.
"What harms us is to persist in self deceit and ignorance"
Marcus Aurelius
I’m not an alcoholic! I’m a drunk. Alcoholics go to meetings!
Shine_Dad
Novice

Post by Shine_Dad »

In for the possible giveaway haha!
Old Dog New Tricks
Swill Maker

Post by Old Dog New Tricks »

I want in...LOL,,,Sorry to hear about another failed marriage....
Steve Broady
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Steve Broady »

I can’t use the still, but you have my sympathy on the divorce. Been there myself. Whether you’re glad to see her go or broken hearted, it’s hard either way. Hope there are better times ahead for you.
Learn from the past, live in the present, change the future.
captainshooch
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by captainshooch »

I would read up on your state laws. Some do not consider it a still unless it is assembled and capable of running, others consider the worm or product condenser the big no-no.
When it comes down to it, it is only a bunch of metal parts. Take it apart and keep it.
Sorry to hear about your marriage woes, been there done that. It sucks.
Boda Getta
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Boda Getta »

My advice

1) Get the still and equipment and hide it.

2) Take some time and think about it. It's an emotional time: don't do anything you may regret later.

Good luck

BG
Steve Broady
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Steve Broady »

boda getta wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:52 pm 2) Take some time and think about it. It's an emotional time: don't do anything you may regret later.
+1 to this. It’s really easy to act impulsively right now. Take time and think about it. Getting rid of a still isn’t exactly a life changing decision, but it would still suck to regret it later on.

If you’re worried about her thinking you kept it and ratting you out, then hide it and tell her it was destroyed, or given away to a stranger. She may suspect, but if she doesn’t know she’s not likely to go out on a limb.
Learn from the past, live in the present, change the future.
Ottodog
Novice

Post by Ottodog »

I'm a newbie, but if you live close to Texas I would keep it for you. Long term or short. It is yours but I'd take care of it if you even needed it. Praying your marriage will continue.
StillerBoy
Master of Distillation

Post by StillerBoy »

You been given all kind of so call advise, but none are good..

First, do you or have you made a separation of assets and liabilities document yet, if not, one should be made, and signed by both party plus witness by a third party..

Secondly, you state that she purchase the still, so it's her in the separation, if she cares to state such..

So be careful on how you feel to give it away or hide it, cause she can cause it to be a problems for you in many ways..

Best advise, forget about the still, at lease until a separation of assets and liabilities has been put into writing, the quicker the better.. another one can be built or purchase later down the road..

Best in your journey of experiencing the separation.. in a separation it is best to walk away with no attachment of anything, thereby she loose the power over you.. some spouse's are open to separation of A/L, others are a bitch..

Mars
" I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent. Curiosity, Obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism, have brought me to my knowledge and understanding "

– Albert Einstein
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

Steve Broady wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:16 am I can’t use the still, but you have my sympathy on the divorce. Been there myself. Whether you’re glad to see her go or broken hearted, it’s hard either way. Hope there are better times ahead for you.
Now there's some words of wisdom.
I too hope for better times for you.

Geoff
The Baker