Peach Moonshine

Forum to share your beverage recipes. Feel free to post recipes in this forum, they will be locked. Posts should have complete recipes with all ingredients and directions fully explained. Any comments or questions will have to be started under new topic. This forum is for family recipes or recipes that you have tried and want to share with others, relating to our hobby only.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Biker Mark
Novice

Peach Moonshine

Post by Biker Mark »

This is how I make my favorite Peach Brandy/Moonshine

This is for a 6.5 gallon Ale pale.
BOP (big Ole pot)
Mash paddle
6.2 gallons good water
8 lbs fresh peaches + 5 more for the thumper
4 lbs white sugar
2 tblsp Braggs nutritional yeast
2 pks Red Star Premiere Cuvee

I freeze the fresh peaches. Then using a sharp knife, I split the peaches and Remove the pits. The freezing helps the pits come out cleanly.
I cut the peaches into small pieces and add them to 1.5 gallons of boiling water.
I boil the peaches for about 45 minutes smashing and stirring with my mash paddle until the peach chunks break down.
I then turn off the heat and stir in the 4 lbs of sugar. Then put it in a sink with cold water, stirring and breaking up any remaining chunks of peach and adding cold water until I get it down to 85°. Add the Braggs nutritional yeast to the empty Ale Pale.
Transfer the peach and sugar mixture to the ale pale and aerate vigorously.
Top off with the remaining water leaving headroom for a cap and adjusting temp to 80° and pitch yeast.

Allow 4-5 days for fermentation stirring cap back in daily.

Rack off clear liquid only to boiler leaving pulp and yeast bed at the bottom.
Cut up and add fresh peaches to thumper.
Run it slow and deep into the tails. It comes off the still at 1st around 150 proof. As long as the tails taste and smell good keep collecting them and let it proof itself down. My finished product is usually around 130 proof after collecting everything. I save the rest of the tails to add to the next batch.
Add a small amount of distilled water at a time and taste until you get it tempered to your liking.

Enjoy!
Biker Mark
American By Birth, Biker by Choice, Country by the Grace Of God.
_
5 Gallon Appalachian style Pot Still with 2 Thumper's and Worm.
http://homedistiller.org/forum/download ... &mode=view
6 Row Joe
Rumrunner

Re: Peach Moonshine

Post by 6 Row Joe »

Sounds pretty tasty. Thanks for the recipe.
I don't drink alcohol, I drink distilled spirits.
Therefore I'm not a alcoholic, I'm spiritual.
jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Peach Moonshine

Post by jonnys_spirit »

I’d put all the peaches into the ferment and after pressing use the pomace in the thumper. I wouldn’t boil all the good flavor out of the peaches - just fresh (frozen) into the fermenter.

Sounds good!
-j
————
i prefer my mash shaken, not stirred
————