New distiller

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

CornDaddy231
Novice

New distiller

Post by CornDaddy231 »

My name is Myles and I'm from the good ol thumb of the USA Michigan. I worked as an assistant brewer for 2 years while I Lived in Florida and it sparked a passion I will carry for the rest of my life. That is what has brought me to this point. I am completely new to the distilling process but I'm eager to put the bit of home brew and large scale brewing knowledge I have to the test and see how it compares to distilling. I have a basic understanding but any help along this journey I can get is greatly appreciated. Thank yall for taking the time to read about me and I look forward to chatting with some of yall about this new hobby.

Happy Shining,
Corndaddy231
squigglefunk
Trainee

Re: New distiller

Post by squigglefunk »

welcome to the wonderful world of distilling, it's pretty much as simple as it gets, let something ferment, put it in a still, heat it up, and you'll get something! You can go down a lot of rabbit holes but in the end it's really nothing too difficult! Like making a good sauce every chef has their own twist! Good luck :)
Demy
Master of Distillation

Post by Demy »

Welcome to the forum!
Old Dog New Tricks
Swill Maker

Post by Old Dog New Tricks »

Welcome Aboard, From below The Capital City, Great source of Learning "The Right Way's" , Pretty new Myself, But hitting the ground learning, Doing soon...
ODNT