Frequent random log off?

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Steve Broady
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Frequent random log off?

Post by Steve Broady »

elbono wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:06 pm Until someone else brought it up I just logged back in. Now I'm obsessed. This aggression will not stand man!
Oh dear! I seem to have cause trouble. I’m sorry. I just wanted to know if I was doing something wrong.

Ironically, it hasn’t happened to me since I posted this. Yet. It
Seems to happen in bursts, which I’ve sort of assumed was somehow related to site maintenance or other behind the scenes activity.
Learn from the past, live in the present, change the future.
Yummyrum
Global moderator

Post by Yummyrum »

It's been happening to me too again lately .
But funny thing is , I am on 3 different pHpBB forums each with different versions of the board and its happening to all of them .

I've seen this before . It comes in waves . Never been sure if its a forum thing, an internet thing or a device thing .
I also mostly use a fruit phone and travel daily between several phone towers and wifi .It also happens on my PC at work .

I just ride it out for a week or so , then it's fine for a few months or more again .
Touchwood, it's been fine for a day or so. :shh:
elbono
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by elbono »

Ok, I have at least mostly solved my issues. It's been a couple of days since I had to log in and the most frustrating issue is gone.

The frustrating one was that when I used the Google search option clicking a link would open a new tab that wasn't logged in and couldn't be logged in. I had to copy the URL from the new tab and paste it in the tab that was logged in to make a bookmark.

Here's what I did:
Log out
Clear cookies using the little trashcan at the bottom of the page.
16706284471841.png
WARNING: when you do this new posts and unread posts will be empty. I used active posts for awhile and then things were back to normal.
Log back in with the remember me box checked

My theory is I had an orphan cookie that only was used is certain circumstances.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!
elbono
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by elbono »

Steve Broady wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:12 pm Oh dear! I seem to have cause trouble.
No worries, I will abide. ;-)
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!