New Craft

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

SomeplaceElse
Novice

New Craft

Post by SomeplaceElse »

Hi all!

Just popping up a post on here to say hi.

Brand new to distilling but have been an all grain home brewer for a fair while. Haven't managed to get anything down to distill yet but will be doing that sometime real soon. Got my hands on a second hand T500 that needs some new tubing and a bit of a clean, but I have most of that already from kegging - just need a stiffer product hose.

Also looking at getting a pot still in the next month or so.

Keen to do some vodka, gins, bourbons and rums. Have had a look at the TFFV recipe and been watching some videos on "Still It" and don't think I'd have to many issues on the all grain side once I get there.

Anyhow, looking forward to learning lots, and hopefully contributing back at some time.

Cheers!
Yummyrum
Global moderator

Re: New Craft

Post by Yummyrum »

Welcome to the forum .

Just be aware that what Stillspirits considered acceptable material to use as a product line and what we accept differ some what .

Have you checked out our rules regarding use of synthetic materials?
app.php/rules

That aside , think you will really enjoy the distilling side of things with such a background in fermentation . :thumbup:
SomeplaceElse
Novice

Post by SomeplaceElse »

Thanks for the welcome!

Yes - there seems to be quite a lot of discussion everywhere online about safety of certain products :)

Keen to get involved!
Bradster68
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bradster68 »

Welcome 🍻
I drink so much now,on the back of my license it's a list of organs I need.