20 years of aging in 6 days

Anything about distilling ya read in news.

Moderator: Site Moderator

RockinRockies
Swill Maker

Re: 20 years of aging in 6 days

Post by RockinRockies »

I understand. I didn't intend to derail the topic; I shared my opinion on why I prefer barrels and then expanded. But I hear you.

I would like to try the product mentioned by the OP to see how it compares to the only 20 year bourbon I've ever had, which is that orphan barrel rhetoric. It was awful.
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Post by NZChris »

i estimate that most of the posts on this thread have been made by people who haven't read, understood and experimented with, the patented method that the topic is about.

The method has given the inventor awards for his rums.
squigglefunk
Trainee

Post by squigglefunk »

and now he has a circus at his distillery , sounds about right
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Saltbush Bill wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:54 pm
RockinRockies wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:22 pm There's just no substitute for time in oak. Period.
RockinRockies wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:22 pm I'm positive the result is far superior to any other method I've researched or attempted thus far, based on my experience
Ive found the same to be true, anything that Ive barrel aged long term is much much better than anything Ive aged using other methods.
Having said that barrels are expensive and not everybody wants to go to that much expense .
Firstly sorry guys for the late reply, smaller barrels offer more surface area and ullage per litre of product so will speed that part of the process up. I Guess you could almost call that a form of "distress" aging without really distressing but I believe it won't speed up the chemical composition changes that occur over time or perhaps through processes used in what we term as distress aging. In the end at a hobby level it boils down to result you are personally happy with. This might be from small batch aging, a Solaris system, distress aging or some combination of these processes.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

The Baker wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:52 am
squigglefunk wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:56 am
thecroweater wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:34 pm Bottom line : 20 years in 6 days is a hoax and an outlandish claim but you can do something in that time
make something that will be drinkable in 20 years?
Nice idea but I am 81.
Something for the grandkids...

Geoff
(Off topic)
We should catch up, had plans of heading to Echuca this holidays but those floods y'all got going on put the skids on that so ended up in the Riverland (still flooded af) and the southeast.
If this process and others here are not cutting the mustard for you get in touch soon, I might have a remedy
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

thecroweater wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:41 pm
The Baker wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:52 am
squigglefunk wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:56 am
thecroweater wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:34 pm Bottom line : 20 years in 6 days is a hoax and an outlandish claim but you can do something in that time
make something that will be drinkable in 20 years?
Nice idea but I am 81.
Something for the grandkids...

Geoff
(Off topic)
We should catch up, had plans of heading to Echuca this holidays but those floods y'all got going on put the skids on that so ended up in the Riverland (still flooded af) and the southeast.
If this process and others here are not cutting the mustard for you get in touch soon, I might have a remedy
Thanks and if you do get to Echuca let me know, love to see you.
The comment about my age; not a problem, that was just by the way.
Geoff
The Baker
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Oh no I just meant I might know of a very good deal on once used 20 litre whiskey barrels (if they are still available)