Dibosh CM Reflux still from China

Research sources, reviews and links to information relating to distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Re: Dibosh CM Reflux still from China

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

Tempature means nothing.
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
LunaDogFever707
Novice

Post by LunaDogFever707 »

Heck I got a version of this still from Amazon a while back. It was a good $110 or so cheaper than buying the parts I wanted individually. A little mix and match with parts I have on hand, came up with a good lil still with a gin basket of sorts. So far I've only cleaned/degreased, then did a vinegar run. Waiting for wash to finish fermenting.

IMG_20201008_184534465.jpg
Without gin basket
IMG_20201008_185421270.jpg
With gin basket
IMG_20201008_185619809.jpg
Closeup

I'll report back after I run it, whenever it is I'll have time. Happy stillin' everybody!
rockcanyon
Novice

Post by rockcanyon »

that "football" on top sure looks familiar. (this one from a Vevor chinese brand, don't see Dibosh anymore). works fine for me, at least it has got me into the game.
image.png
"A man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest" - Paul Simon
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

What is the football shaped gadget supposed to be/do?
rockcanyon
Novice

Post by rockcanyon »

Saltbush Bill wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:09 am What is the football shaped gadget supposed to be/do?
There's a screen in the lower half, to allow packing. Mine came with a pkg of porous ceramic balls that can go in there, for a bit of reflux action i assume. Haven't gotten familiar enough with it yet to know if any refluxing happens. Maybe it could also serve as a gin basket? I know nothing about making gin. I put my copper pieces in there.
"A man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest" - Paul Simon
LunaDogFever707
Novice

Post by LunaDogFever707 »

Yeah that football is from a vevor 20 liter still I got years ago. It comes in handy on a few things.

Saltbush, the football is part of the vevor chinesium still, run it vertical and packed for simple reflux or run it emoty and horizontal for pot still mode. I like it cuz of the screen at the bottom, the volume, and for me it works like a Tee and a gin basket. I like the flavor of gins more than anything else
charcoal
Swill Maker

Post by charcoal »

The other term for this football is an ONION. I have bought two of these stills.
rakijamaker
Novice

Post by rakijamaker »

Hi all,

I was thinking about buying the Dibosh reflux kit to put it on top of a regular 50l stockpot. What do y'all think of it?

The seller I wanna buy it from is called "Enjoy Brewing Store" and the kit looks 100% like the one from Dibosh. In another offer, same product by the same seller, they even use the exact same picture used back then by Dibosh. Here's the link: https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLRiMGI Costs 142€ in total.
howie
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by howie »

rakijamaker wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:18 am Hi all,

I was thinking about buying the Dibosh reflux kit to put it on top of a regular 50l stockpot. What do y'all think of it?

The seller I wanna buy it from is called "Enjoy Brewing Store" and the kit looks 100% like the one from Dibosh. In another offer, same product by the same seller, they even use the exact same picture used back then by Dibosh. Here's the link: https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLRiMGI Costs 142€ in total.
it's a start and a good price for a basic entry level 2" CM
if you get serious about producing high quality neutral in reflux mode, you will need to add another 2" column (500-600mm) to that set up.
it looks like you will need more copper mesh than in the picture (+S/S scrubbers), and those triclover gaskets look like silicone and need changing.
their 'working principle of products' says temperature control is very important, most people know it's impossible. :)
rakijamaker
Novice

Post by rakijamaker »

howie wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:20 pm
rakijamaker wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:18 am Hi all,

it's a start and a good price for a basic entry level 2" CM
if you get serious about producing high quality neutral in reflux mode, you will need to add another 2" column (500-600mm) to that set up.
it looks like you will need more copper mesh than in the picture (+S/S scrubbers), and those triclover gaskets look like silicone and need changing.
their 'working principle of products' says temperature control is very important, most people know it's impossible. :)
Thanks, that helps me a lot! I'm still thinking whether I should stick to this stainless setup (with copper packing) or just get copper spool pipes + cooler seperately. That'd be off topic though, so I posted it here: viewtopic.php?p=7723891
charcoal
Swill Maker

Post by charcoal »

Original Poster here.

This still is better than the polish one you posted. But AABRATEK is better and comes from Poland too. There used to be a waiting list for these.

If you are looking for moonshine, then this forum is good. If you are looking for clean, refined products, then you should look at Russian or Polish forums.
rakijamaker
Novice

Post by rakijamaker »

charcoal wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:45 pm Original Poster here.

This still is better than the polish one you posted. But AABRATEK is better and comes from Poland too. There used to be a waiting list for these.

If you are looking for moonshine, then this forum is good. If you are looking for clean, refined products, then you should look at Russian or Polish forums.
Thanks for your reply! The only thing that I'm asking myself: Neither the Dibosh CM nor the polish Aabratek seem to have copper parts in them - only the copper packing. I mainly want to produce moonshine/brandy/whisky (maybe sometimes a little neutral) - for that I don't need packing and reflux. Is there a big difference between a stainless steel still with copper packing and a copper still or at least a still that has copper pipes & a copper cooler?
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

charcoal wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:45 pm If you are looking for moonshine, then this forum is good. If you are looking for clean, refined products, then you should look at Russian or Polish forums.
Charcoal maybe you would like to give your definition of "Moonshine"?
I seem to remember you having an enormous, amount of difficulty trying to get clean product from your still.
The reason for that was not anything to do with the forum, its members or the forums country of origin.
It was because of your complete refusal to listen to the advice given by experienced members when they tried to help you.
charcoal
Swill Maker

Post by charcoal »

I thought you were from QLD for some reason.

Making ENA is not hard. Trust me it is not!
charcoal
Swill Maker

Post by charcoal »

rakijamaker wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:24 pm
charcoal wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:45 pm Original Poster here.

Thanks for your reply! The only thing that I'm asking myself: Neither the Dibosh CM nor the polish Aabratek seem to have copper parts in them - only the copper packing. I mainly want to produce moonshine/brandy/whisky (maybe sometimes a little neutral) - for that I don't need packing and reflux. Is there a big difference between a stainless steel still with copper packing and a copper still or at least a still that has copper pipes & a copper cooler?
Well if you can make Vodka then why would you fool around with Coloured stuff? Copper is expensive now because India and Africa are getting electrified. I am Indian.