Hello from Minnesota

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Brad S
Site Donor
Site Donor

Hello from Minnesota

Post by Brad S »

Greetings and salutations from the fine state of Minnesota. I made my own beer for many years, but recently was diagnosed as a celiac. That ended my beer drinking days. So after surfing the web, I found this website at Christmas and have been spending the last month reading, digesting and getting more excited about a journey in distilling. This hobby promises to give a mix of art and science, which is exciting for me.

My current equipment consists of an 8 gallon reflux still and a 15 gallon pot still. In the past couple of weeks I’ve been making a number of ferments and just started my first couple of stripping runs on the stills. I will continue to practice and glean as much knowledge as I can, but also share my journey as part of this community.
Bushman
Admin

Re: Hello from Minnesota

Post by Bushman »

Welcome, after my honeymoon in Mexico the second half of our honeymoon was canoeing the boundary waters. Minnesota is a lot like Washington State with more mosquitos.
sadie33
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by sadie33 »

hello and welcome
Twisted Brick
Master of Distillation

Post by Twisted Brick »

Welcome, Brad! Glad you found the HD Forum and our host of gluten-free distillers!

Keep up the reading, but be warned that the rabbit hole is deep!
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
My Steam Rig and Manometer
Bradster68
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bradster68 »

Welcome to the club and 🍻.
Oh cool name 🤣
I drink so much now,on the back of my license it's a list of organs I need.