All Bran Recipe

Refined and tested recipes for all manner of distilled spirits.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Wildcats
Distiller

Re: All Bran Recipe

Post by Wildcats »

My all bran wash is bubbling away like crazy. Smells slightly like banana... Smells great. Can't wait to run this and see how good it is. Such a simple recipe. Really looking forward to getting ran!!
Wildcats
Distiller

Post by Wildcats »

Checked my sg today it is is .999! Just want to let it clear some first. So probably won't run it till tomorrow after work.
gratefulshag
Novice

Post by gratefulshag »

Started my first 10gal wash for my sac run at 7pm Monday - by 7am this morning (Thursday) it's reading 1.000, starting at 1.085. That was quick! Can't wait to really get going this weekend!
Wildcats
Distiller

Post by Wildcats »

gratefulshag wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:33 am Started my first 10gal wash for my sac run at 7pm Monday - by 7am this morning (Thursday) it's reading 1.000, starting at 1.085. That was quick! Can't wait to really get going this weekend!
You are going to like it. I stay away from the tails. They smell like hay.... But a nice heart cut is good white. Have fun and stay safe.
Wildcats
Distiller

Post by Wildcats »

Got a 60lt ferment going. One box of all bran , one box of raisins bran and 22 lb of sugar, dap, Red Star. Will strip then spirit run. Gonna age this one on new white oak. Cheer's
rubberduck71
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by rubberduck71 »

Wildcats wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:36 pm Got a 60lt ferment going. One box of all bran , one box of raisins bran and 22 lb of sugar, dap, Red Star. Will strip then spirit run. Gonna age this one on new white oak. Cheer's
Not that it'll hurt anything, but why the DAP? The nutrients needed will come from the all bran.
There are two times of year: FOOTBALL SEASON and... Waiting For Football Season
Wildcats
Distiller

Post by Wildcats »

rubberduck71 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:49 pm
Wildcats wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:36 pm Got a 60lt ferment going. One box of all bran , one box of raisins bran and 22 lb of sugar, dap, Red Star. Will strip then spirit run. Gonna age this one on new white oak. Cheer's
Not that it'll hurt anything, but why the DAP? The nutrients needed will come from the all bran.
Just habit I guess. Definitely not needed. Cheer's
Bradster68
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bradster68 »

So how often have u made this? Iv read this topic before but haven't tried it yet. Your obviously going for a whiskey flavor. What's your longest aged? Should I give this a go?
I drink so much now,on the back of my license it's a list of organs I need.
Wildcats
Distiller

Post by Wildcats »

Bradster68 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:29 pm
So how often have u made this? Iv read this topic before but haven't tried it yet. Your obviously going for a whiskey flavor. What's your longest aged? Should I give this a go?
I been making this for the last year or so. I really like it. I haven't put any up on/in wood yet. This will actually be my first time using a new 5 lt barrel. I have spirals as well. I'll fill the barrel and add spiral to some in glass for topping off.
I've made this recipe with cornflakes and rye bread and like that one too. If you haven't tried this, and you like wheat whiskey.. I'm sure you'll like it man.
Bradster68
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bradster68 »

Wildcats wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:42 pm
I been making this for the last year or so. I really like it. I haven't put any up on/in wood yet. This will actually be my first time using a new 5 lt barrel. I have spirals as well. I'll fill the barrel and add spiral to some in glass for topping off.
I've made this recipe with cornflakes and rye bread and like that one too. If you haven't tried this, and you like wheat whiskey.. I'm sure you'll like it man.
Wow eh. I'm near a place that gives away food some free some cheap. Always got cereal in there. Guess I'll grab some boxes and give it a whirl. Bought a bag of malted wheat for my wheated bourbon . I definitely like the wheat taste. 🍻
Wildcats
Distiller

Post by Wildcats »

Bradster68 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:47 pm
Wildcats wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:42 pm
Wow eh. I'm near a place that gives away food some free some cheap. Always got cereal in there. Guess I'll grab some boxes and give it a whirl. Bought a bag of malted wheat for my wheated bourbon . I definitely like the wheat taste. 🍻
The raisin bran I've been using has wheat flour,malted barley and a maple syrup flavor listed in the ingredients. I've had good results with it. More cereal, more flavor. Cheer's
Bradster68
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bradster68 »

Good to know WC 🍻