New to the forum

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Sugarshane
Novice

New to the forum

Post by Sugarshane »

Hi my name is Shane and I’m an alcoholic ….*waits for group reply *
Oh sorry wrong group 😉 Anyways, I’ve been distilling for just about a year. Ive become obsessed, I would say over this hobby/craft. I’ve tried alot of different things over the last year, Brandies of many different flavors ( all made from fresh fruits). I did a malted corn whiskey (still aging, as of right now it sucks lol) side note , I malted crimson as well as yellow popcorn for that. And I’ve done over a dozen different batches of rum of various recipes and techniques. Oh rum! “Why’s the rum always gone?!” I would have to say that is my favorite thing to make and drink! I have a decently extensive culinary background that I think helps with the craft. I’m always reading learning experimenting , I love it my wife hates it 🤣
Cheers everyone!
SugarShane
Twisted Brick
Master of Distillation

Re: New to the forum

Post by Twisted Brick »

Welcome aboard, Shane.
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
My Steam Rig and Manometer
Bradster68
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bradster68 »

Welcome to the club. 🍻
I drink so much now,on the back of my license it's a list of organs I need.
Stonecutter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stonecutter »

Welcome to there forum SugarShane! I definitely think a culinary mind helps with the hobby. Glad to hear you’re enjoying yourself.
Stay safe and have fun! :thumbup:
Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing.
-Thomas Paine
sadie33
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by sadie33 »

hello and welcome. I am new to the hobby. My husband got me a still for Christmas. I def. get the addiction. I am fermenting a sweet feed and a sour mash now, but keep looking at SBBs rum and the honey bear burbon. :lolno: There's SO many rabbit holes! I was driving my husband crazy at first. All the reading and trying to figure everything out I was on this site HOURS a day (we both work at home so I have ALL day).