Hot wax machine for bottles

Fittings, parrots, packing, tooling and so on.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Sailman
Swill Maker

Hot wax machine for bottles

Post by Sailman »

Well I think I might have made a mistake I was at the flea market today and I saw this hot wax machine Hey goes up to 80゚ Celsius. The bottle wax that I have currently said That it's best used between 250 and 275 Fahrenheit. Well 80 C is I think a 172 Fahrenheit. So I have a question is there a way to get more out More out of this without changing the heating elements? To be honest I haven't even opened it up to see what's inside but it doesn't take long to heat up.
Attachments
20230114_124002.jpg
20230114_124012.jpg
Sailman
Swill Maker

Re: Hot wax machine for bottles

Post by Sailman »

I got as much of the old wax out as I could. I dropped in some copper colored bottle wax to see if it would work and it seems to be melting. I will report back after I finish cleaning net and add more wax to see how it does.
Attachments
20230114_140658.jpg
Sailman
Swill Maker

Post by Sailman »

I finally got around to testing the wax machine. I have to say it's not too bad, I didn't think it was gonna work but I guess the proof is in the pudding. Not bad at all for something I got at the flea market for $10. So if you're looking to buy something like this they can be found on Amazon it's just a hot wax melter that some of the ladies use for their bikini waxing. One thing that I will add is it sometime for it to heat up. But after everything is good and melted it works quite well.
Attachments
20230114_222657.jpg
20230114_222637.jpg
Salt Must Flow
Distiller

Post by Salt Must Flow »

At least it worked. Good score then especially for $10!
mrfee
Novice

Post by mrfee »

Easiest way to get the old wax out is to put some water in it. The wax will float to the top and harden when cooled...
subbrew
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by subbrew »

Looks very nice. What is your wax mix?

I started off using paraffin but hated the way it peeled or really didn't peel off. I switched to a mix of paraffin and hot glue sticks and that peels off the bottle much nicer. But always looking for better ideas.